ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Love the stand efferman!  If I can find a good place to display mine at that angle I'm definitely going to build your stand.

Regarding LEDs that some may be adding to the rear engines; I've never added LEDs to a set although I always wanted to to the old Falcon.  The fact that you may be able to hide the power source inside this set really is convenient.  What LED product should I be looking for?  Thanks.

I love the mods that people have made here.  It's perfectly in keeping with the history of the Falcon. I'm still working on the factory build but I'm looking forward to being able to say that "I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Anyway, I signed up just to say thanks to efferman for the plans for the vertical stand. I've already ordered the parts for it. It looks like I'll be able to display the Falcon somewhere in my small apartment after all!

Ok, I've replaced all visible sand yellow/dark tan (whatever colour it is) on the top side. Changed the engine mod, and added lights. Haven't worked out how to get the lights to the outer bits of the engines but I can access the on/off switch from beneath. Not sure I like the bits below the engine, but had to fill the gap somehow.

2Nkp.jpg

6la5B.jpg5SwG.jpg

Edited by will
Fixed links

3 hours ago, aukevin said:

Love the stand efferman!  If I can find a good place to display mine at that angle I'm definitely going to build your stand.

Regarding LEDs that some may be adding to the rear engines; I've never added LEDs to a set although I always wanted to to the old Falcon.  The fact that you may be able to hide the power source inside this set really is convenient.  What LED product should I be looking for?  Thanks.

I Bricklinked the Falcon a few years ago and added some LEDs to the build.  If you scroll down to the middle of the thread there is some information on the LEDs.  If you have any questions, let me know.

Sandtrooper Falcon

The brickbuilt blue engine exhaust looks great and all, but in the case of the Falcon I honestly dont mind that they went with those old pieces again. Sure its less realistic and has more gaps, but one got to admire with how few pieces they pulled the look of... I mean it still looks very nice, those blue pipe pieces provide a lot of fine texture and personally it makes me really nostalgic for the OG UCS Falcon that I always wanted but never had :grin:

Edited by BigEl

6 hours ago, will said:

Ok, I've replaced all visible sand yellow/dark tan (whatever colour it is) on the top side. Changed the engine mod, and added lights. Haven't worked out how to get the lights to the outer bits of the engines but I can access the on/off switch from beneath. Not sure I like the bits below the engine, but had to fill the gap somehow.

2Nkp.jpg

6la5B.jpg5SwG.jpg

This is really nice. I am planning to mod mine with thrusters/engine turned off like it would be landed and then hopefully make a Hoth or Tatooine home for it and recreate one of those two scenes.

The MF wont be available in New Zealand in shops until next year so I'm getting ready by buying a glass coffee table to display mine in. But It only has 17cm between the bottom of the cabinet and the glass top.

The official dimensions of the height of the MF is 21cm. Can anyone give me exact measurements of the height of the ship please, including the difference between both radar dishes.

Also from the bottom of the legs to lowest point of the body excluding the lower gun turret, then from the bottom of the ship to the top including the top gun but not the radar dishes.

I'm guessing I will have to remove the MF legs but I hope I can leave one of the radar dishes on.

Thanks

Haven't got the new radar dish built, but height is 23cm with the round dish.

even if you remove the feet, it's not going to sit flat, unless you remove some other bits, and then the weight may cause issues. It might just squeeze in with the dish and top turret removed, but you may have to remove the whole turret section and then you'd have a big hole in the top!

with removing the landing gear, the lower turret and using the episode 7 dish you can get 16cm in height, but you should make some shorter landing gear to get a safe stand

@efferman - very nice stand - I was looking for exactly this type of solution.

Just one question - what is the total width (front to back) with the MF mounted? 

Hey everybody,

just sitting here and waiting for the Parcel guy transporting my falcon to me... should arrive latest at 13:30.

So how do you build the falcon for the stand? Do you guys build it up like shown in the manual and remove the feet afterwards? or how is ist done?

Looking forward for your answer!

Best whishes - waiting for my falcon - 

i would recommend to build it on the vertical stand. You wouldnt have problems to mount the stand and you have better access to the Belly of the Falcon.

Just finished building the set a few hours ago and my only complaint has to be the fact that a figure can't sit behind Chewbacca when he's in the copilot seat. I think it can be solved by adding a half bushing to the rod on the underside, swapping out the 1x2 plates with slides behind the seat with a 1x4 plate and adding 4 1x2 jumpers to use as seats in the back, but I don't have time to try until tomorrow. Anybody want to give it a shot before I do it?

On 22/09/2017 at 7:02 PM, bricksmarlin said:

So, my falcon looks like that at the moment!

gallery_8754_6681_422289.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_159483.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_39415.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_381996.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_557372.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_382808.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_312449.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_278092.jpg

EPIC!! It's much bigger than I thought.

On 01/10/2017 at 9:39 PM, ds760 said:

Amazing work brickmarlin! I have to stop fiddling with mine but ever time you post photos I want to do more to it. I did add some lights to Slave 1's underside though. Decided they display well together. 

m06vtgF.jpg

It looks really cool! What kind of lights are those?

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

^ I am more interested to see what is going on in the background! Do you have any images of your mocs?

If you're talking about Bricksmarlin's pictures, the dark gray ship with orange bottom is Renegade Clone's Zeta Shuttle.  You can see it in this link:

Zeta Shuttle

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just finished building the set a few hours ago and my only complaint has to be the fact that a figure can't sit behind Chewbacca when he's in the copilot seat. I think it can be solved by adding a half bushing to the rod on the underside, swapping out the 1x2 plates with slides behind the seat with a 1x4 plate and adding 4 1x2 jumpers to use as seats in the back, but I don't have time to try until tomorrow. Anybody want to give it a shot before I do it?

That might be a possible solution, but I don't know if that will work or not.

this might be a stupid question, how do you get a list of the parts required to make this?