ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

1 hour ago, efferman said:

Holpefully this is usefull

Ha ! That's amazing mate ! I am definetly doing this.

Efferman, wonderful work with the stand!

How much space do the Falcon and the stand together take, depth-wise? I'd like to try your method, but first I need to know if they will fit in my showcase. I'm planning on putting the Falcon on such a stand and behind a glass door to save space and keep the dust out.

Hello,

I am at bag 16 right now (building the cockpit). I noticed that when building the "gangway" to the cockpit, that on the underside of that part where the round slopes are placed you can see the "red 1x2 with two knobs on one side" because of the smaller slope there. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

ljnk to the picture: img_7807.jpg

Edited by Sir von Lego

34 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Hello,

I am at bag 16 right now (building the cockpit). I noticed that when building the "gangway" to the cockpit, that on the underside of that part where the round slopes are placed you can see the "red 1x2 with two knobs on one side" because of the smaller slope there. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

ljnk to the picture: img_7807.jpg

That is correct and is unfortunate that its not covered up.

you are correct, same thing on my Falcon, I didn't pay attention to it until you just pointed it out.

Frankly I"m not entirely sure why those 2 pices are used there. Looking at the pictures of the falcons the radius of the gangway is the same all around. Perhaps different shade, but there shouldn't be an indent or w/e you wanna call it.

I found all the parts for efferman's stand on Bricklink just fine. The exact colors of the bricks won't make that much of a difference to me. Already ordered the parts, too. With postage to Finland it added up to 46,2 euros, and I find that reasonable for such a sturdy, yet compact stand. It was only yesterday that I was still planning on building some sort of monstrosity out of wood. Glad I checked this thread first!

7 minutes ago, Kalekko said:

I found all the parts for efferman's stand on Bricklink just fine. The exact colors of the bricks won't make that much of a difference to me. Already ordered the parts, too. With postage to Finland it added up to 46,2 euros, and I find that reasonable for such a sturdy, yet compact stand. It was only yesterday that I was still planning on building some sort of monstrosity out of wood. Glad I checked this thread first!

Can you post the .xml file from your bricklink for the stand? i couldn't get the efferman's file to work. 

I didn't upload the file to Bricklink at all. I just took out an Excel spreadsheet of the bricks needed in LDD (ctrl-b). Then I just chose a store in Bricklink and typed in the brick types one by one. This might be the reason I didn't have any issues.

I realised there must be a quicker, automated method to find bricks on Bricklink, but this was my first time ordering bricks there, so instead of studying, I just did it manually :) The list of bricks needed wasn't very long, anyway.

3 hours ago, ronin4375 said:

Can you post the .xml file from your bricklink for the stand? i couldn't get the efferman's file to work. 

Rebrickable.com has a better way to convert LDD to Bricklink. You can create a custom list there and add the LDD file, it will catch some errors such as color or how LDD splits a steering wheel into 2 parts. Then you can export to bricklink either directly or via xml file. 

2 hours ago, efferman said:

Here is an lxf which shows how the stand is connected to the falcon

http://www.doktor-brick.de/index.php/Attachment/30611-Falcon-Backbone-with-vertical-stand-lxf/

You made my day!:thumbup::thumbup:
I built it yesterday, and now I found a place for the MF (far from the hands of my 1 year old child). I find the whole assembly really sturdy, it's simple to build but still interesting for the various oblique beams.
I find it very useful that it creates excellent points of grip.

I didn't added any of the mods for the removable pannels and they stay where they need to be.

The xlf file has some misallineaments, but it's still easy to understand the correct positions.

The total width is 34cm, but it needs only 27cm to have all the support leaning (for those who trust).

Thanks!!

Iam glad that it works for you. Could you please share a picture from your shelf with the falcon?

6 minutes ago, efferman said:

Iam glad that it works for you. Could you please share a picture from your shelf with the falcon?

Sure, a bit messy, but here it is!

1920x1440.jpg

Ah! It was a bit tricky to apply the Falcon on the stand!:laugh:

Thank you very much. It is better to be not alone during connecting the stand to the falcon. But a fearless mind, chuck norris for example, could do it alone. :D

How sure can we be that the stand won't bend under the weight of the Falcon?

Don't get me wrong, the Falcon looks great on the stand. I'm just a little worried due to the sheer size of the ship.

Looks amazing on the stand. I wouldn't be concerned about the stand bending I'd be more worried about the internal structure of the falcon bending and parts coming apart. 

Looks good on the stand, but is it possible to have it on the stand facing the other way? Right up, left down instead of right down left up. Or does the cockpit stick out of the side too much?

Great job efferman! With this stand you will solve perfectly my storage problem for this huge iconic ship.

Thank you very much for building and sharing it :thumbup:

On 3.10.2017 at 3:20 PM, efferman said:

Holpefully this is usefull

Maybe this stand for 75105 model? ;)