ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

Incredible work on those underside details. If I had the parts and it was more visible I'd want to do those upgrades. How will you be displaying your ship? Hopefully you'll have a way to show off all that work. 

That ramp needs t be upgraded. Needs some light grey strips on each side and black tiles up the middle of it. It's almost embarrassing having the ramp down. 

Edited by ds760

2 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

Further modifications!

gallery_8754_6681_125346.jpg

Hello Bricksmarlin, How are the new sublight engine modification connected to the new ucs falcon? I'm interested in doing the same? do you have a parts list?

2 minutes ago, ronin4375 said:

Hello Bricksmarlin, How are the new sublight engine modification connected to the new ucs falcon? I'm interested in doing the same? do you have a parts list?

I'll post pictures tomorrow!

No parts lists, for none of the modifications....sorry! It's all "trial&error" !
But for the engine it's no problem, there are only 4 parts you need!

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3023#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3024#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2429c01#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6541#T=C

I've put some LED lights in the back of the engines on my MF. I found that the empty compartment in the back of the MF is perfect for a portable battery charger to sit. I've just plugged my LEDs into that.

I've put some LED lights in the back of the engines on my MF. I found that the empty compartment in the back of the MF is perfect for a portable battery charger to sit. I've just plugged my LEDs into that.

Yep, looks great!

And here are some new pictures of my falcon! At the moment I am working at the engine section again, there is something I would like to change! As a background for the LEDs I added a few plates! At the moment, I'm trying to fill all the small gaps to prevent the light from emanating where I do not want it!

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/gallery/album/6727-ucs-millennium-falke-modifiziert/

I will post detailed pictures of the engine mod when I'm finished!

gallery_8754_6681_84401.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_54413.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_10256.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_1904.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_80914.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_115131.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_49828.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_12571.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_10839.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_22324.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_28272.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_35649.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_81713.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_59575.jpg

Edited by bricksmarlin

That's quite an impressive stand, I've been thinking of building something similar, though the weight is a bit of a concern to me.

Amazing work brickmarlin! I have to stop fiddling with mine but ever time you post photos I want to do more to it. I did add some lights to Slave 1's underside though. Decided they display well together. 

m06vtgF.jpg

19 minutes ago, ds760 said:

Amazing work brickmarlin! I have to stop fiddling with mine but ever time you post photos I want to do more to it.

Thanks @ds760,

at the moment I'm working at some sort of housing for the LED's!

gallery_8754_6681_22140.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_77754.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_65391.jpg

Mine comes up from the gun turret into the empty back right area then goes to the right turns around in the that empty space there then doubles back to the other side then into that empty space in the far left turns back to double up the left side and ends in the center back.  Your back being custom might be different then what I was able to do. 

Edited by ds760

8 hours ago, efferman said:

What is your opinion about this vertical stand?

37429615271_1f971bdd15_c.jpg

37429616141_ebac42b544_c.jpg

It looks good! I don't have a UCS Falcon (yet), but when I do I would like to build a stand like yours. Will you eventually share the instructions to create it once it's final? And maybe also the mods needed to remove the landing gear and cover the underside. Thanks!

Makes good use of the landing gear anchor points. Lets you keep the middle torrent. All a plus! The other stand in the center point was also good and realistically you're not displaying the back since its got a stand in the way. Has anyone thought about hanging for a ceiling with fishing line? 50 pound test perfect for the job. 

efferman did you secure the panels on the top somehow? 

I made the mistake of trying to look under the falcon last night and ended up spending an hour putting it back together

I have made some simple mods. They are shown on  the pages before. Or look into my flickr album.

Edited by efferman

Possible solution for the corner problem

37211626660_97f3526e1d_z.jpg

While it can certainly be done better, I believe this piece holds the solution to the corner problem. Unfortunately I dont have any more of them to explore the solution further. Its "available" in light bley in the upcoming SDCC-exclusive carbonite Han brickhead, but since SDCC exlusives dont get exclusive molds, I would expect it'll be available in retail sets relatively soon

Edited by Magmafrost

efferman were there any mods to the falcon itself other than taking out the landing legs or are the holes already in place and lined up? (I'm at work so can't look at my falcon this very second)