ds760

75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017 MOD/MOC

If you could take pictures of the engine mod without the top panels that would be great, i'd like to replicate something similar but need a definitive part count as I most certainly don't have extras of them.

Seems like you swapped out the light blue transparent 1x1 round plates for 1x2 plates.  Any reason why? I thought the round 1x1 looked better texture wise

Edited by shotgunmcos

3 hours ago, StarfuryT said:

If you could take pictures of the engine mod without the top panels that would be great, i'd like to replicate something similar but need a definitive part count as I most certainly don't have extras of them.

I will take some pictures!

23 minutes ago, shotgunmcos said:

Seems like you swapped out the light blue transparent 1x1 round plates for 1x2 plates.  Any reason why? I thought the round 1x1 looked better texture wise

It's not built like the version of ScottishDave! This version uses 1x2 translight blue plates and hinge plates (2429c01)!
And I think it looks better with the 1x2 plates! But that's my opinion!

Just a small point, but I am sure that in the OT movies the falcon had dark grey seating, rather than the light beige colour in this set. (the curved seating near the chess game-thing)  

Can someone clarify this for me please?

43 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Just a small point, but I am sure that in the OT movies the falcon had dark grey seating, rather than the light beige colour in this set. (the curved seating near the chess game-thing)  

Can someone clarify this for me please?

59cc12e543ffe_6K73RoeRs2hyA1WfK1CrA_thumb_259.jpg.f30fa525ff92cd17b3c2f25df9aa3881.jpg

The RPF have this imagine and they tend to take this type of stuff very seriously. As you can see the seating is not as tan as the corridor but not grey like the seating structure but somewhere in-between. Its the old problem of lego not having a huge range of colours available.

loving these modes haven't quite finished my "factory build" yet last set of bags to do 

I will enjoy it as is for a while then i'm sure I wont be able to resist tweaking it a bit 

8 days 35 hours. Added a lot of extra flat tiles parts pipes/hoses etc to the outside to improve the look and limit the well balanced stud to flat look. Added blue LED string to the engines. Looks absolutely incredible all done up and on display. I'll likely wait a while and see what other mods people come up with and play around some more if need be.  I started out doing this for the kids since they have been into star wars lego now I'm totally into it after making this bad boy! 

On a side note, given the complexity of all these pieces dusting would be a nightmare. I also don't want to knock a piece off when cleaning because I'll never figure out where it came from, so the sides of the coffee table are sealed with plastic wrap to keep the dust out. It's works like magic. Easy to apply and not a single wrinkle. You can't even tell anything is there. 

W0J8Jze.jpg

27y6lb2.jpg

7 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

looks amazing but you forgot to show us the most important angle so we can see the engine lighting in its full glory.

I second this

Here's the money shot! The lights under the MF is the remaining led lights in a coil that give a nice backlite look when I put the coffee table back in its spot. 

xY5aVRK.jpg

17 hours ago, ds760 said:

8 days 35 hours. Added a lot of extra flat tiles parts pipes/hoses etc to the outside to improve the look and limit the well balanced stud to flat look. Added blue LED string to the engines. Looks absolutely incredible all done up and on display. I'll likely wait a while and see what other mods people come up with and play around some more if need be.  I started out doing this for the kids since they have been into star wars lego now I'm totally into it after making this bad boy! 

On a side note, given the complexity of all these pieces dusting would be a nightmare. I also don't want to knock a piece off when cleaning because I'll never figure out where it came from, so the sides of the coffee table are sealed with plastic wrap to keep the dust out. It's works like magic. Easy to apply and not a single wrinkle. You can't even tell anything is there.

Where'd you get the table?

2 hours ago, thndrmatt said:

Where'd you get the table?

Seconded!

On 9/27/2017 at 4:39 AM, bricksmarlin said:

gallery_8754_6681_34630.jpg

This looks incredible, but have you tried it without the gray rigging?  I can't find a shot of the Falcon that makes me think they are necessary.  I wonder if a smoother look would be better.

I have a feeling they will be selling thousands of these. Maybe I should buy them all up and be the sole distributor! 

http://www.moblerfurniture.com/living-room/coffee-and-end-tables/coffee-table-white/

I actually like the look of the blue tubes they provide. They are well done. That being said I have no idea how you guys build with the 1x2 trans blue pieces. Is there a step by step somewhere I can look at and see how it looks? I'd have to brinklink those parts if its the way to go. Maybe build the gray rigging thing they use? Need to find a better picture of the engines from movie set photos. 

Check this thread page 11 some interesting options for the engines.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/80053-bricklinking-another-10179-ucs-millennium-falcon/&page=11

http://origins-app.info/news/47990-the-biggest-lego-millennium-falcon-ever

Can't figure out how they built this one but it looks really good. 

This is from the movie not sure how to make this look out of lego but I'm thinking the gray ladder thing is really not even close. Most dont seem right/ They look like a bunch of square holes in a grill. Almost like a florescent light cover in an office building. 

https://www.cnet.com/es/noticias/star-wars-episodio-viii-grabaran-mexico/

Edited by ds760

2 hours ago, kibosh said:

Seconded!

This looks incredible, but have you tried it without the gray rigging?  I can't find a shot of the Falcon that makes me think they are necessary.  I wonder if a smoother look would be better.

But it has some sort of grill or something!

gallery_8754_6681_15669.jpg

1 hour ago, ds760 said:

I actually like the look of the blue tubes they provide. They are well done. That being said I have no idea how you guys build with the 1x2 trans blue pieces. Is there a step by step somewhere I can look at and see how it looks? I'd have to brinklink those parts if its the way to go. Maybe build the gray rigging thing they use? Need to find a better picture of the engines from movie set photos.

Sorry , I was waiting for the Camera! Here are some better pictures from the engine!

gallery_8754_6681_119840.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_101192.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_6394.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_5591.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_71790.jpg

And here further modifications (inspired by Marshal Banana's version)!

gallery_8754_6681_70614.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_96336.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_39228.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_84261.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24280.jpg

I have started to work on the underside!

gallery_8754_6681_52724.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_19990.jpg

New bottom panels!

gallery_8754_6681_18909.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_24323.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_92445.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_65247.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_5955.jpg

gallery_8754_6681_106884.jpg

I will be curious to see if people combine the new 2017 UCS Millennium falcon with Marshal Banana's exterior  or even Jaelon Edwards interior. After doing an extensive search and saving a ton of photos, I would basically make my next large project somehow combining the following ideas:

Marshal Banana
Marshal Banana's Millenium Falcon

Jaelon Edwards
Jaelon Edwards' Millennium Falcon with Interior

Lego Millenium Falcon (no idea of real name)
Custom Millennium Falcon

Matthew Velardo mandibles
Matthew Velardo's millennium falcon details

and finally the 2017 UCS Millennium Falcon official LEGO set. 

The custom "Lego Millennium Falcon" did a lot of great and wonderful ideas. First, the exterior hull has accurate markings and a great circular shape. The plates all form towards the center, instead of having straight plate wedges like the official set. This allows you to get the accurate cut out compartments. Like Marshal, this one shows an awesome bottom. The top, however, I find that it had a better placement for the different colored markings because it radiates outward from the center. I wish wedge plates had a sister flat tile option because this would sole the knob issue. I would somehow use this top hull concept because it simulates the radiating hull on the model. I also like the placement of where the cockpit radiates out. it is closer to the landing ramp and more accurate to the location on the ilm model.

I like the cockpit and round tube going to the main hull from the UCS, but I think I would combine it with a similar design Marshal did, just wider. 

So many ideas, but frankly, I think I would have to heavily modify Jaelon's LDD file. He combined the exterior o Marshall's design and included a full interior similar to the official cross sections Lucasfilm released.

The UCS mandibles are closer to the actual angle and length. I would somehow combine those with the Matthew Velardo's alternative mandibles. He did an excellent job on the inside portion of the shape and represents the overall feeling with all the greebling quite well. 

I would buy the official set, figure out what parts I still need to build the Jaelon version with interior, and start mashing them together. I would also be interested in purchasing the LDD file, hope somebody comes out with the UCS LDD file and play with them until I can get the LDD file just right to build from there. 

20 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

But it has some sort of grill or something!

*Snip!!*

Can you provide some detailed steps on how u set up the sublight engines? im interested in modding mine when I get my falcon. So far I have bricklinked the engine parts from the old set 10179, but i like your set up. 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks

Couldn't resist going back and make more accurate changes after the set pics I found and seeing all these picture Brickmarlin added. Did the bottom of my ramp too. I could spend days adding and changing stuff! 

nbS9fBA.jpg

3DTDLWs.jpg

1wUX6qh.jpg

qODXSQM.jpg

iVNqKeG.jpg

Edited by ds760