20 minutes ago, FortNerd said:

I see photobucket placeholders as well, but you can click on them and go to his album.

Thanks. I clicked on them yesterday but apparently I messed up something in the meantime, I haven't seen any Lego related photos on my previous attempt. :blush:

At first I was not very overwhelmed by the first wave of 2018. I liked the idea of animal builds, and the fact that we are going to get new characters but the preliminary pictures were a bit meh. After the official release I got more excited. The bat creatures are super cute, the music school is tempting and I also like the fox and the turtle.

On the other hand I hope the second wave will have more and larger buildings (or structures). But my wallet thinks otherwise... 

Now that I've finally seen the images of the next wave I'm dying to see pics of the second wave of 2018. It seems like this happens all the time. :look: :laugh:

Oh, now that looks cool. Maybe it's an updated version of the treehouse from year 1? When it was rebuilt after being burnt down by goblins during the third-year TV series? Either way, really hope that's going to be a new set. 

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, now that looks cool. Maybe it's an updated version of the treehouse from year 1? When it was rebuilt after being burnt down by goblins during the third-year TV series? Either way, really hope that's going to be a new set. 

I doubt it's the SAME treehouse, given that the map likely represents a different area of Elvendale... but yes, I would not be surprised if this new treehouse represents a new "home base" for the Elves.

I'm actually quite curious where this year's map is supposed to go in relation to the others. Unlike previous versions of the map, there is a large body of water in the northwest, rather than the southeast.

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wait, the maps are all supposed to line up?

Yes, you can find the full map on Lego.com (find Elves page and scroll down)

hjcugmJ.jpg

I finally got Noctura’s Tower built up.  While it’s definitely not as impressive as Ragana’s Castle or even Cronan’s  Fortress, it’s still pretty cool.  The large bat on the top can fold down upon the top half, hiding away that balcony section.  The mechanism is solid too.  There’s a neat potion mixing/making device in the ground floor section.  The chaise is removable and Noctura looks good resting on it.  The large mushrooms are built up using more pieces than I thought they would and look great.  

I also received Naida & The Water Turtle Ambush.  The built up Turtle is well articulated and looks great from most angles.  The head/neck portion lends itself to lots of expressive poses and is full of personality.  The terrain build is the usual great quality we see in this theme and the little attack craft for the included bat is a fun addition.  

I loved last year’s theme with the goblins and this one is on track to equal or even surpass that in my opinion.  

I haven’t taken any pics because it didn’t seem to go over too well with my review of Emily Jones & The Eagle Getaway, thanks to Photobucket’s restrictions.  I also don’t have a photo tent or a decent set up, so that kind of hinders the quality of the pics.  

Edited by Sephron13

6 minutes ago, Sephron13 said:

I finally got Noctura’s Tower built up.  While it’s definitely not as impressive as Ragana’s Castle or even Cronan’s  Fortress, it’s still pretty cool.  The large bat on the top can fold down upon the top half, hiding away that balcony section.  The mechanism is solid too.  There’s a neat potion mixing/making device in the ground floor section.  The chaise is removable and Noctura looks good resting on it.  The large mushrooms are built up using more pieces than I thought they would and look great.  

I also received Naida & The Water Turtle Ambush.  The built up Turtle is well articulated and looks great from most angles.  The head/neck portion lends itself to lots of expressive poses and is full of personality.  The terrain build is the usual great quality we see in this theme and the little attack craft for the included bat is a fun addition.  

I loved last year’s theme with the goblins and this one is on track to equal or even surpass that in my opinion.  

I haven’t taken any pics because it didn’t seem to go over too well with my review of Emily Jones & The Eagle Getaway, thanks to Photobucket’s restrictions.  I also don’t have a photo tent or a decent set up, so that kind of hinders the quality of the pics.  

Why not just upload them to imgur? You don't even need an account for it.

Just now, FortNerd said:

Why not just upload them to imgur? You don't even need an account for it.

Ooh, didn’t know that.  Ok, I’ll take a few shortly and do that!  Thanks!

Here’s a quick pic of the Water Turtle set:

https://imgur.com/gallery/lSDDN

43 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Would you say Noctura's Tower is worth the price?

Hmm, good question.  Depends on what you’re looking for I guess.  The price to part ratio is good, especially when you consider all of the new and newer pieces and the color palette chosen for the set.  I imagine Amazon with have it slightly discounted around March-ish maybe?  

Honestly, for me though?  I think it’s well worth it.  The Tower looks great, Noctura is easily one of the best looking characters in the theme, the Fox is outstanding.

Some pics of the Tower set:

https://imgur.com/gallery/4A4ED

Edited by Sephron13

Huh. I think I agree, that automatic potion mixer in particular looks great. Though that flame yellowish orange construction on the other side, is that a bed? A deck chair? I can't tell.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Huh. I think I agree, that automatic potion mixer in particular looks great. Though that flame yellowish orange construction on the other side, is that a bed? A deck chair? I can't tell.

Here’s a better look (I hope); it’s a chaise lounge chair. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/XNmhw

Wow, didn't realize quite how dynamic the function of Noctura's Tower would be! With the wings folded down pretty much the entire upper section of the tower is covered.

Love that color scheme too (Aqua+Earth Blue+Cool Yellow+Bright Bluish Green).

54 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Wow, didn't realize quite how dynamic the function of Noctura's Tower would be! With the wings folded down pretty much the entire upper section of the tower is covered.

Right, same here.  I thought it was simply a way to flap the wings on top, which I wasn’t too impressed by, but once built up, it’s really cool! The box doesn’t do a good job at showing this off.  

44 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah. At first I thought it was just a dragon, but the giant bat is pretty cool. Does it come off? Can Noctura fly it around?

Funny you should ask that because I was really hoping that would be the case (or could easily be the case if you wanted it to) but no, it’s pretty solid and meant to be apart of the Tower.  I’m sure it could probably be done, though.  

Well, that feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity - but at least they aren't ripping my MOCs off for like I thought they were. (Not that I'd actually mind too much, but small victories.) 

Well, that feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity - but at least they aren't ripping my MOCs off for like I thought they were. (Not that I'd actually mind too much, but small victories.) 

Also, saw the review of Emily Jones and the Eagle Getaway. It doesn't look as bad as I'd thought, but I'm still going to be heavily modifying mine (palette-swapping the legs so that they match the picture on the back of the box, for one thing). But, more importantly, I saw the picture of the map that I assume is in the back of the instruction booklet. All five of the animals we've seen so far appear somewhere in that map - the eagle, turtle, wyvern, lion and kitsune. And, also, directly beneath Noctura's tower, is what looks like a white wolf. 

I think we might have just gotten a hint at one of the summer wave sets. 

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I think we might have just gotten a hint  at one of  the summer wave sets. 

The white wolf and the Elvenstar Tree will definitely be sets. The tree even has a visible spiral staircase and slide, and you know Lego loves putting those in castles. I almost regret finding out about them, because waiting 2 months for better pics will be unbearable D:

PS. "Elvenstar"  is probably what they'll call the 4 pointed shape made by combining the crystals.

Oh, so that's what it's called. The Elvenstar Treehouse. I saw it had a name on the map, but couldn't make out what it said . . this is gonna be epic~!

I do like that. I wonder what the Elvenstar will do? And if the Treehouse will also have a place to put the shards together?

Thanks @Sephron13 for the pics! I started out really not liking this wave from the prelims, but I think it's growing on me. Some sets more than others, of course--I still think the turtle doesn't look quite right, but the mammal sets look better; I will probably try and get both. Thanks also for the shot of Noctura's tower with the wings down--I haven't seen any other pics that show that, and I think that really helps make the set look more appealing.

By the way (I don't remember if anyone else has mentioned this), official descriptions are up on shop.lego.com, along with pictures, with the sets listed as "coming soon: Jan 1 2018". One week, folks, one week.