I don't doubt the theme is on its way out soon, but none of the Walmarts or other stores in my area have shrunk their Elves shelf space, even with the new HP or Unikitty sets (they haven't priced anything at clearance either :hmpf_bad:).

On 9/4/2018 at 1:25 PM, Elf Gal said:

But there's no official confirmation that the theme is ending, right?  There are plenty of Elves sets at my store, and they even have their own section.  It might just depend on how much space the store has.  They could've needed to free up the Elves spot in order to fit the Unikitty sets, because there was no free shelf-space available.  Any number of reasons could be behind it.  I don't want to jump to the worst conclusion just yet.

I don't know if this is definitive proof, but ... I was at the Lego Store in Schaumburg, Illinois over the weekend. I noticed that they had NO Elves set for sale. The last time I was there (maybe a month or two ago), the had two or three sets, all marked down about 15% off. Now, they're totally gone.

I asked one of the retail clerks about the status of the Elves theme, and she sadly confirmed that the theme is discontinued. 

One of the downsides to being a Lego fan for as long as I have (40-ish years), is that you get bored with Lego's repetitive product cycles. Elves was the freshest, most innovative product line they've produced in probably 20 years. I bought more Elves sets than any theme in many, many years. I've very sad to see it discontinued when it felt like it still had so much life left in it, and other things and places to explore. The retail clerk did note that the theme was never a big seller for them, which likely explains why it got axed. 

Then it's sad. Elves is the theme that returned me to Lego from "dark age". Seems I should look for sets I doubted to buy before like Goblin's village and fire lion. Or may be I will get some friends minidolls and turn them into elf folks :)

And I watched Lego Movie 2 teaser-trailer, I hope there will be some awesome minidolls! That space fairy looks cool :) She even have shoulder armor. 

Edited by Marishka

I definitely intend to keep trying to come up with Elves stories and MOCs. One nice thing about a theme ending is that you have complete creative free rein instead of having to worry about whether future stories and sets either contradict the adventures you have envisioned or cover similar ground that make your adventure scenarios feel redundant.

Like, I really want to think about what kind of adventures Emily and her elf friends might have that would bring them to unexplored parts of Elvendale we’ve seen on the magical map, like the Desertlands or to the mermaid homeland out at sea. And as an Emzari shipper I also want to think about how Emily and Azari’s relationship might continue to evolve in the future. Also, what became of the other three sisters from the legend? There’s got to be some stories there!

What other sorts of fantasy creatures and settings could Elvendale have that we haven’t yet seen? Ancient ruins? Baby Pegasi? Lighthouses? Sea serpents? Volcano castles? Catamarans? Dryads/tree spirits? Monuments? Oasis towns? Shops selling armor and adventure gear? Stone giants? Sunken cities? Wishing wells? Schools of magic?

Even though LEGO Elves told a complete story without touching on those things that doesn’t mean there’s no room to create new stories that do. It’ll be a fun challenge! And I’m not ready to say goodbye to this world and it’s characters quite yet.

I was just sad we never got mermaids. ???‍♀️

Wish the replacement for Lego Elves would be... Lego Mermaids! Makes sense, right? A whole underwater theme with minidoll mermaids and mermen (other than Ariel and Alana) and friends-style sea-creatures? And there could even be crossover episodes of the series and sets with the existing Elves.

Seems it would totally appeal to the target market, enough to be even more successful than Elves.

21 hours ago, Bentonton said:

Wish the replacement for Lego Elves would be... Lego Mermaids! Makes sense, right? A whole underwater theme with minidoll mermaids and mermen (other than Ariel and Alana) and friends-style sea-creatures? And there could even be crossover episodes of the series and sets with the existing Elves.

So, minidoll Aquazone for girls? :shrug_oh_well: 

Ya know, yeah, that could be kinda cool; though I'd like such a theme to also give us some Steampunk, Nautilus-styled submarines amongst its Merfolk builds and settings.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, minidoll Aquazone for girls? :shrug_oh_well: 

Ya know, yeah, that could be kinda cool; though I'd like such a theme to also give us some Steampunk, Nautilus-styled submarines amongst its Merfolk builds and settings.

Oh, really, this charges my imagination! :) And fan-stories about characters would intresting too. We even have three unique villians (however, I don't think they are actually villians but just some kind of "dark-side" persons)

It seems like Noctura is the most powerful one and even have her own shadow world, Ragana is her ambitious apprentice and Cronan is handsome badass overlorld with little his own silly army. I think they don't let other heroes be bored :) 

I watched Lego Movie and loved the idea about borderless creativits. It gently tells " If you want more, go and make your own story!" 

On 10/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, Bentonton said:

I was just sad we never got mermaids. ???‍♀️

Seems it would totally appeal to the target market, enough to be even more successful than Elves.

We did get mermaids, just unofficially. Stick your elves bodies on these - mermaids (and mermen).

16529pb01.png

We theorized with my friend Fortnerd that next Elves subseries will be underwater as we get Fire (Ragana), Air (Skyra) and Earth (Cronan) castles. SO logicaly next step would be a underwater castle with main cast changed to mermaids.
ANd for Elves ending - I will just wait for official
announcement.

And from thing I personally was missing in the theme - A brickbuild PHOENIX. So I will try and make one with Chima CONSTRACTION head xD

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I already have it, but it's design is mechanical. I was thinking about more organic Elves style build.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I went to the Lego shop today and they told me Elves is now retired. It’s still online though. (Real shame as I just got my second set and was really getting into it!) 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:19 PM, Lego-fire said:

I went to the Lego shop today and they told me Elves is now retired. It’s still online though. (Real shame as I just got my second set and was really getting into it!) 

The funny thing is, Lego S@H recently listed a load of sets as Retiring Soon, but none of the Elves sets are included in that, even the ones that have been out a while now such as Rosalyn's Hideout. So the theme may be 'retired', but this wave itself doesn't seem to be retiring just yet.

I have however just managed to get Noctura's Tower for &19.99 in an Argos flash discount. :)

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The funny thing is, Lego S@H recently listed a load of sets as Retiring Soon, but none of the Elves sets are included in that, even the ones that have been out a while now such as Rosalyn's Hideout. So the theme may be 'retired', but this wave itself doesn't seem to be retiring just yet.

Nexo Knights sets been silently going out of stock and this wave didn't have the retiring label either.

11 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

We havent got any confirmation on ending as well. Maybe they testing waters as they did with ninjago hiatus? :D

If Elves became "Girly Ninjago" I would love that, but I doubt it somehow . . 

2019 brickipedia just sent some new titles for the new sets!!!!!

40197Aira  Skyship          
No image 40198  Farran Nature mech          
No image 40199  NaidaSubmarine          
  40200  [[40200 Azari Volcano Battle

40|Azari Volcano Battle

40]] 
      /    
No image 40201  The Elemental Showodwn          
No image 40202  Battle on earth          
No image 40203  The wizard lair 
Edited by panagliamp

2 hours ago, panagliamp said:

2019 brickipedia just sent some new titles for the new sets!!!!!

40197Aira  Skyship          

40|Azari Volcano Battle

40]] 
      /    

I don't think these are legit; all these sets numbers are for previously released, non-Elves related sets. 

I looked up the numbers.

40197 = Wedding gift set (2018)

40198 = Ludo (2018)

40199 = Billund Airport (2018)

40200 = BMW Polybag (2013)

40201 = Valentines Cupid Dog (2016)

40202 = Easter Chick (2016)

40203 = Vampire and Bat (2016)

41197 to 41203 could make more sense however, as the last Elves set number is 41196

Edited by TeriXeri

In general, with Brickipedia being user-generated, I wouldn't trust them as a source unless they can cite some source that is a little more verifiable (a fan who has a track record of having accurate knowledge of future products, listings on an online shopping site, a retailer catalog, etc). If there are new sets coming out that's great, but even then I don't think I'd give these particular names the benefit of the doubt until we see them corroborated someplace else.

18 hours ago, panagliamp said:

2019 brickipedia just sent some new titles for the new sets!

40197Aira Skyship          

40|Azari Volcano Battle

40]] 
      /    

Most likely a fake.

Even if it IS a fake list (which seems likely), I gotta hand it to whoever came up with those names. "Nature Mech" gave me a good laugh. 

If I were going to create a list of fake Elves sets, I'd go with something more plausible, like:

- Elvendale Police Station

- Farran's Helicopter Transport

- Azari's Catapult Battle

We all know there's nothing Lego likes more than police sets, helicopters, vehicles that transport other vehicles, and catapults. 

19 hours ago, Joebot said:

Even if it IS a fake list (which seems likely), I gotta hand it to whoever came up with those names. "Nature Mech" gave me a good laugh. 

If I were going to create a list of fake Elves sets, I'd go with something more plausible, like:

- Elvendale Police Station

- Farran's Helicopter Transport

- Azari's Catapult Battle

We all know there's nothing Lego likes more than police sets, helicopters, vehicles that transport other vehicles, and catapults. 

Don't forget lighthouses!

...Actually, that one would fit the theme much better (and could fit in pretty well with a mermaid-focused wave). Or at least the Golden Sun fan in me likes to think so.