28 minutes ago, Euphorine said:

I buy a lot of amulets to put them on all my Emily, even on the old sets.. And indeed, it probably depends on the machine and the distribution of paint.

Sometimes it's flat, sometimes curved.

I actually think the amulet piece is dual-molded, not painted. Looking at my own copies the newer ones do seem a little different, though it's a minor change.

Speaking of amulets, at some point I want to get ahold of Ursula from one of last year's Disney Princess sets. She has what seems to be a Titanium Metallic amulet with a yellow core, which would be super cool to use for a custom Elves character.

7 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Speaking of amulets, at some point I want to get ahold of Ursula from one of last year's Disney Princess sets. She has what seems to be a Titanium Metallic amulet with a yellow core, which would be super cool to use for a custom Elves character.

Lol it's funny because yesterday I posted in LEGO LIFE this picture !

img_2019.jpg

If anyone wants an even simpler mod for the Lion's mane, here's what I came up with (demonstrated here on the dragon head; I will post pics of my Lion once I get a bit of daylight tomorrow.)ObqZzmf.jpg

13 hours ago, FortNerd said:

If anyone wants an even simpler mod for the Lion's mane, here's what I came up with (demonstrated here on the dragon head; I will post pics of my Lion once I get a bit of daylight tomorrow.)

hi good idea. Besides, I encourage you to use the part N: 6131726 STICK Ø 3.2 W. HOLDER color TR.FL.REDORA EUR 0,17 on LEGO Shop

6131726.jpg

On 14.04.2018 at 8:49 AM, Euphorine said:

hi good idea. Besides, I encourage you to use the part N: 6131726 STICK Ø 3.2 W. HOLDER color TR.FL.REDORA EUR 0,17 on LEGO Shop

6131726.jpg

Thanks, this is even better! It didn't occur to me to use them because I don't have any Nexo sets.

Here is my modded Lion and Wind Dragon. I gave them wings from the 2016 dragon sets to keep the look consistent. I didn't buy the original wind and fire dragon sets, because I didn't like how they looked, now I have a full set :)

rhrZFuA.jpg

MhpQ1jO.jpg

ODDa2Aq.jpg

WA6c5Li.jpg

i2p7M4H.jpg

RoMHEfn.jpg

Edited by FortNerd

Love the look of the Elvenstar Tree in set # 41196, with different elemental themes representing the 4 main elves,  and the wolf in set 41195

12 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

radiokontrol has the 2 summer sets listed with pictures.

Is he an Instagram user?

Pictures here (since they aren't watermarked or anything):

https://www.radiokontrol.it/in-mattoncini-di-plastica-lego-41195/product/10030522
https://www.radiokontrol.it/in-mattoncini-di-plastica-lego-41196/product/10030523

The Elvenstar tree has all of the diamond pieces unprinted, which should be a boon to MOCists. The set with Noctura's carriage includes a little workshop section as well. There seem to be two new small bats between the two sets.

Oh I love the Elvenstar treehouse. Having missed out on the Treetop Hideaway, this is a must-buy. Looks fantastic, too.

I KNEW IT! <3 new leaf pieces in gold! Just imagine how they would look on dark red or dark orange branches.... <3

13 minutes ago, FortNerd said:

I KNEW IT! <3 new leaf pieces in gold! Just imagine how they would look on dark red or dark orange branches.... <3

Yes, but if these gold leaf are not orderable on the shop like the purple leaf. it is useless.

Just now, Euphorine said:

Yes, but if these gold leaf are not orderable on the shop like the purple leaf. it is useless.

well, you can always bricklink...

Just now, FortNerd said:

well, you can always bricklink...

Yes that's already what I do. But postage and preparation are sometimes very expensive. I created my mushroom forest like this.

30052310.jpg

Large quantity of my Lego budget has ran into Elves, since I started to respect the animal builds. Wolf is a must buy for sure!

- unfortunate though that (like the Lion) it doesn't has any teeth (dragon molds have teeth)

- I think Noctura doesn't come with her cape in this set; which is also a blow!

So far I have held out on buying Noctura's tower--I haven't seen a good discount yet, and after seeing it in person and it looked a little slight for the price. I may not regret it, though--depending on the price of these two, I can still get Noctura along with some sets that so far look Aces. I really hope this isn't the end of Elves, since it has been one of the most consistently appealing and well-designed themes ever; even if I haven't bought every set, I have liked most of them.

new images are available on my LEGO Elves Immersion Facebook page or on the French retailer website alternate.fr

26 minutes ago, Euphorine said:

new images are available on my LEGO Elves Immersion Facebook page or on the French retailer website alternate.fr

Just saw them! So amazing! There's a lot more inside the Elvenstar Tree than I expected. It looks like the workshop area in the Emily vs. Noctura set also can connect to the side of Noctura's tower to expand it!

Oh, yes yes yes. These are both so cool! I think this is going to be one of those rare occasions where I collect every set in a theme. The Elvenstar Tree is even better than I thought it would be, which is saying something. 

And I am so expanding the 'Shadow World' area of the Elvendale part of my city layout. Because I want to put both the carriage and that workshop area into it - can anyone tell whether it attaches to the left or the right of Noctura's Tower? I'm inclined to say left based on the way it sort of slants . . 

Full props for these sets! Any word on a release date?

1 hour ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, yes yes yes. These are both so cool! I think this is going to be one of those rare occasions where I collect every set in a theme. The Elvenstar Tree is even better than I thought it would be, which is saying something. 

And I am so expanding the 'Shadow World' area of the Elvendale part of my city layout. Because I want to put both the carriage and that workshop area into it - can anyone tell whether it attaches to the left or the right of Noctura's Tower? I'm inclined to say left based on the way it sort of slants . . 

Full props for these sets! Any word on a release date?

It can attach to either side—the slant is so that it won't collide with the overhanging branch on the right side of Noctura's Tower.

Elvenstar tree has just one thing I hate - NOT ENOUGH PLACE for minifigures to stand! I love all details like flipable beds, training place and even that portal with batapult :D