On 09.03.2018 at 3:20 PM, Ragana9289 said:

When will the official images of the second half of the year appear ?

I think it will be as usually in summer catalogue somewhere in the end of may. Approximately :)

9 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So, does everyone think that Elves will continue into 2019?

I'm hopeful, but not necessarily expecting it. At this point with the evidence we have so far it could really go either way—with fewer sets and an epic light-vs.-dark storyline this year, it almost feels like it's building toward a conclusion, but then I remember Ninjago doing similarly and getting extended so it's hard to say one way or the other.

Today I gathered all Emilys and were surprised a lot, I think she looks elder and less childish each year, and graduations seems so clearly. That's just brilliant design work - give her outfit that makes such sense on tiny and not overloaded with details minidoll, I amazed at that.

5a095afe4221575a0b7db5e44a021dc6.jpg

On 16/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, Marishka said:

Today I gathered all Emilys and were surprised a lot, I think she looks elder and less childish each year, and graduations seems so clearly. That's just brilliant design work - give her outfit that makes such sense on tiny and not overloaded with details minidoll, I amazed at that.

-snip-

I first started to notice how her outfit was “maturing” last year—the exposed straps and leggings helped to make her look older, particularly in contrast to Sophie’s overalls (which also echoed some of Emily’s outfits to reinforce the sibling dynamic). The new outfit definitely continues to work in that direction, while also seeming a bit more shielded from the elements like the other characters with their new armor.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I first started to notice how her outfit was “maturing” last year—the exposed straps and leggings helped to make her look older, particularly in contrast to Sophie’s overalls (which also echoed some of Emily’s outfits to reinforce the sibling dynamic). The new outfit definitely continues to work in that direction, while also seeming a bit more shielded from the elements like the other characters with their new armor.

I suppose that's one way to think about it. On the other hand . . .

Naida: My combat boots, chain-mail shirt and shoulder straps will definitely help during this fight.

Azari: Check out this armour! Fashionable and functional!

Aira: I've got armour too, but mine's gold! How about you, Emily?

Emily: I've, uh, put on a cardigan? I heard it was chilly in the Shadow World . . .

I think I prefer my version. XD

Hey, has everyone seen the new Cass mini-doll for the Rapunzel sets later this year? Is it just me, or would that make a really awesome 'casual Cronan' outfit? Since he reformed at the end, it doesn't make much sense for him to be still walking around in full Goblin King regalia . . and Cass' outfit looks a lot like what he wore while 'undercover' in Secrets of Elvendale.

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Hey, has everyone seen the new Cass mini-doll for the Rapunzel sets later this year? Is it just me, or would that make a really awesome 'casual Cronan' outfit? Since he reformed at the end, it doesn't make much sense for him to be still walking around in full Goblin King regalia . . and Cass' outfit looks a lot like what he wore while 'undercover' in Secrets of Elvendale.

I have not seen the fig yet.

But didn't the Goblins accept Cronan as a legitimate leader (no brainwashing required) after he'd reformed? That's the impression I remember getting from the end of Secrets of Elvendale... And while a new, less evil costume for him would be neat, his "undercover" costume was a lot more drab than most of the costumes in the Elves theme even for minor characters like Johnny Baker—only really fit for somebody seeking to disguise their origins, not for a king or the heir to one of the five legendary sisters.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I have not seen the fig yet.

But didn't the Goblins accept Cronan as a legitimate leader (no brainwashing required) after he'd reformed? That's the impression I remember getting from the end of Secrets of Elvendale... And while a new, less evil costume for him would be neat, his "undercover" costume was a lot more drab than most of the costumes in the Elves theme even for minor characters like Johnny Baker—only really fit for somebody seeking to disguise their origins, not for a king or the heir to one of the five legendary sisters.

You . . have a point. Still, Cass would fit into Elvendale well. We could even say her big curly hair hides her ears. (I've done that a couple of times when building my Elves diorama and putting people in it.)

There's been a leak of one of the new bats in the summer wave on a certain social media website. It looks to be the same bat that was in one of the webisodes, where noctura harnessed the fire lions magic. 

While there's stilness, I've got Wind Dragon set! 

The dragon itself is funny, but it's a pity that he has no front legs, however there's awesome shiny sticker on his two and lightning wings looks fresh to this series. The building is really good! I like idea with hidden boxes and new minidolls. The bird is double-moulded and new Aira's legs too! Golden part of her skirt is plastic.

Here's comparision with 2016 dragon

4d472f77e48f7b141044b5ac6db476da.jpg

71392777d2d9390c1ac4576a64fca3d0.jpg

I like the style of the larger dragon, but I prefer the more subdued colors of the smaller dragon.

I wish Elves creatures didn't have tramp stamps.

But they don't? None of the figures have markings on the small of their backs pointing attention to their "glutes" (putting it politely). Unless the label has a different connotation across the pond?

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

But they don't? None of the figures have markings on the small of their backs pointing attention to their "glutes" (putting it politely). Unless the label has a different connotation across the pond?

OK, well the positioning isn't exactly the same, but the style is similar.  I've come to think of them all as having tramp stamps all over their faces.

I guess a more apt comparison would be Mike Tyson:

Image result for mike tyson face tattoo

Edited by x105Black
Added Mike Tyson.

I like the Elves animals' patterns as they help them feel more magical, in my opinion. Though the Mike Tyson tattoo is a pretty good comparison, especially in relation to the darker and more jagged patterns on Ashwing (the Goblin King's dragon).

I've heard a pencil eraser can be sufficient for removing prints from some parts, that might be a good way of removing the tattoo patterns while leaving the eye patterns intact. But to be honest, since dragons are magical creatures pretty much by default, I can't think of a lot of contexts in which magical swirl patterns would feel entirely out-of-place (unlike, say, Cory the water turtle, whose head could more easily be used for a non-magical creature).

Edited by Aanchir

11 hours ago, Marishka said:

While there's stilness, I've got Wind Dragon set! 

The dragon itself is funny, but it's a pity that he has no front legs, however there's awesome shiny sticker on his two and lightning wings looks fresh to this series. The building is really good! I like idea with hidden boxes and new minidolls. The bird is double-moulded and new Aira's legs too! Golden part of her skirt is plastic.

Here's comparision with 2016 dragon

I don't get why the dragon is so small? It isn't some kind of baby dragon right?

I've got the Lion yesterday - so glad about the purchse, there's so much you could do with it!
I also bought Geoffrey the Giraffe (50% off) to get some parts; I've spent about 12 hours modding the Lion: From no fantasy (removal of all translucent pieces & "wings") to saddleless..
The only thing I dislike, are the lack of teeth!

Now I'm really hyped for the wolfe..

12 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I don't get why the dragon is so small? It isn't some kind of baby dragon right?

No, not a baby dragon, just a differently sized dragon from the others we've seen. Same as how Sapphire, Zonya, Ashwing, and Elandra are all different sizes.

From a set design perspective it's probably smaller because the designers were trying to hit a particular price point and the set had to be split between the dragon and the music school. Also possibly so its overall size would feel similar to the other three elemental creatures.

9 hours ago, Aanchir said:

No, not a baby dragon, just a differently sized dragon from the others we've seen. Same as how Sapphire, Zonya, Ashwing, and Elandra are all different sizes.

From a set design perspective it's probably smaller because the designers were trying to hit a particular price point and the set had to be split between the dragon and the music school. Also possibly so its overall size would feel similar to the other three elemental creatures.

From a story perspective I could potentially reconcile it with the others by interpreting it as a very advanced stage of a dragon's life cycle, where extremely old and/or powerful dragons have more of their mass converted to elemental energy or something. After all, this is also the only dragon we've had with these sorts of "energy wings".

38 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

From a story perspective I could potentially reconcile it with the others by interpreting it as a very advanced stage of a dragon's life cycle, where extremely old and/or powerful dragons have more of their mass converted to elemental energy or something. After all, this is also the only dragon we've had with these sorts of "energy wings".

You know that there actually is a story here; Cyclo isn't actually a dragon, rather he's the elemental guardian of Air. Basically a god. He just happens to look like a dragon. 

Even though he's actually a wyvern. (Honestly, would it have been so hard to call him a Wind Wyvern? It even sounds better that way. There's alliteration.)

I build a eagle recently (boy it's ugly xD), and I noticed Emily's medalion is a... NEW MOLD. Crystal (Blue part) is molded diffrently - it's hard for me to explain, but I am sure it's diffrent.

22 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I build a eagle recently (boy it's ugly xD), and I noticed Emily's medalion is a... NEW MOLD. Crystal (Blue part) is molded diffrently - it's hard for me to explain, but I am sure it's diffrent.

I agree with you about the poor design of the eagle; I modified mine heavily to make it look both more accurate to the picture on the back of the box and to just overall look better. That said, I can't see any difference between the amulet in the Eagle Getaway and last year's Airship Chase (never got Goblin King's Fortress) . . ?

30623817_1321761384592746_67716326307282\

Best photo I could do in a moment.  You can cleary see the new one is more shiny because of the bump.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

On 11/04/2018 at 12:37 PM, Lordofdragonss said:

30623817_1321761384592746_67716326307282\

Best photo I could do in a moment.  You can cleary see the new one is more shiny because of the bump.

I buy a lot of amulets to put them on all my Emily, even on the old sets.. And indeed, it probably depends on the machine and the distribution of paint.

Sometimes it's flat, sometimes curved.

Edited by Euphorine