On 12/02/2018 at 7:09 AM, FortNerd said:

@Marishka thank you!! I love that you put him next to Thorne, I was wondering how they compared in size.

Pretty sure that kitsune is a girl . . . I mean, "Liska" sounds pretty feminine. 

On 22/02/2018 at 3:47 AM, Ragana9289 said:

Finally we have the kits for the elves 2018. Today I bought the Noctura tower and capture the Fire Lion.

Jealous. They still haven't even arrived down under. 

13 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Is there any information about the Minifigures included in the 2 summer sets? 

Emily, Noctura and two bats in the one with the carriage and Lumia's wolf form, and Lumia in elf form, plus Azari and Naida, as well as two bats and the blue bear from The Goblin King's Evil Dragon in the big treehouse one.

I can't tell which bats, but they're all pretty interchangeable. However, it's notable that one of the bats in the one with Emily and Noctura is all green, while all the rest are black with coloured wings and faces, so I think that might be significant.

Funny idea about dragolion :)) 
BTW Liska's name means "fox" in Russian, and  it's cute female form of that word :)

Edited by Marishka

2 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Now give that lion a stinger and it will be a neat basic Chimera :D

Naah, they'd need at least one more head. 

Of course, they should have that . . .

Bought my first Elves set yesterday: the Goblin Kings dragon. It was 50% off - like most Elves sets in Germany at some point. There are no messy colours (strange technic pins, strange colours on the sides, back or bottom), it's very smooth (nearly no anti-studs), very nice new parts & colours & the included cape is perfect for a X-Men Magneto.

I began respecting Elves, ever since the blue-purple sailing ship, which unfortunately just stared at, instead of actually buying. Very glad I "stepped over the line" this time! The dragon can very much compete with a Ninjago dragon. In some ways inferior, in some superior. For a dragon collector a must-have at least!

But I'm very disappointed about the lack of reviews of the latest wave! Haven'T seen a HD review of the sets yet! :cry_sad:

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

9 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Now give that lion a stinger and it will be a neat basic Chimera :D

With a stinger wouldn't it be a manticore? I guess that can be described as a chimera in the general sense, but not in the mythological sense.

I came up with a simple mod for Rowan's mane that some people might prefer to make it look fluffier. I can't decide if I like it better this way or the way it is in the instructions, though.

https://twitter.com/ScottBarnick/status/967537988514340865

Well, the new Elves sets finally - "finally" - arrived down under! And, of course, my first priority was the Fire Lion, so that I could finally put the chariot on him!

One issue I didn't expect was the height. Rowan's butt sits a lot higher than Firewing's back. But I tweaked it a little, and it all worked fine. And I'm sure Azari won't mind that her chariot is slanted slightly upwards. XD

Won't be able to get pictures up until later, unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Um . . anyone speak . . whatever that was?

The Elves immersion FB page has like 7 or 8 of these vids up already...in English. The big takeaway, as far as the physical Lego sets goes, is that Noctura is also the giant bat from the treehouse set. Much the same way that Lumia can transform into animals as well.

Just build Emily and Eagle set, the little buildig looks nice near Noctura's tower as some kind of a little warehouse. Also color scheme of Shadow World is very similar to ghosts from Ninjago, it's mainly dark blue with bright transperent green, and same theme with dark spirits. What about if that is the point where that worlds may cross? :) 

1 hour ago, Marishka said:

Just build Emily and Eagle set, the little buildig looks nice near Noctura's tower as some kind of a little warehouse. Also color scheme of Shadow World is very similar to ghosts from Ninjago, it's mainly dark blue with bright transperent green, and same theme with dark spirits. What about if that is the point where that worlds may cross? :) 

I wish. Unfortunately, the Cursed Realm was destroyed, remember? No more ghosts. 

49 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I wish. Unfortunately, the Cursed Realm was destroyed, remember? No more ghosts. 

This could happen earlier in the timeline.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

This could happen earlier in the timeline.

Good point, hadn't considered that.

10 hours ago, muddyknees said:

The Elves immersion FB page has like 7 or 8 of these vids up already...in English. The big takeaway, as far as the physical Lego sets goes, is that Noctura is also the giant bat from the treehouse set. Much the same way that Lumia can transform into animals as well.

Thanks for the tip. I've seen all eight now, except #3 which was missing for some reason, and there are two things I didn't really count on. Firstly, I'm surprised that the guardians are sentient and capable of speech. Certainly breaks the precedent set by the dragons for the last couple of years. Secondly . . 

Spoiler

Wow, Cory is a jerk. I have mixed feelings about that . . on the one hand, I like that this is going to give opportunity for character development. On the other, these are supposed to be wise and venerable ancient beings . . you'd think they'd know better than to be hypocritical bigots. I'm glad Liska and Cyclo seem to be above that (also, Liska is now y favourite with her attitude towards Farren's hero-worship). I hope that when Rowan gets a speaking part, he'll follow suit.

Anyway. My pictures are ready;

ODcPsoi.jpg

And, if anyone's interested in how I achieved the connection;

QqZ5MOv.jpgek9OBHD.jpg

As for the actual set itself, I have to say that I like the lion the most. The little 'capture' mechanism is cute, and works far better than the very similar thing they had last year in The Capture of Sophie Jones. That said, the little cave part feels a bit redundant and will probably be scrapped for parts. 

17 hours ago, x105Black said:

I don't want to ask what joint that is connected to...

Just means the Lion won't pull the chariot too hard

Personally I think if you want to attach a big animal like Rowan to a chariot, it’s probably better to use something flexible like chains than a rigid harness like this. And to attach them closer to where the saddle is.

17 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Yeah, but chains make it difficult to play with. And stop it, it's not like anything Lego actually has an anus. XD

31031-LEGO-Creator-Parrot.jpg

31031-LEGO-Creator-Parrot-2.jpg

:grin: