18 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Are there any new dragons in the second half of 2018? Can‘t find the images. Only know about 41193. 

I don't think we will many Dragons as they were the second season
Season 1 was Keys (some Dragon action)
Season 2 was Dragon Eggs and Dragons
Season 3 was Goblin King, Goblins and Little Sister Sofie Jones (however there was Saphire and Lula in Rosalyn's set )
Season 4 2018 (first half) we are getting Cyclo Dragon
Season 4 2018 (second half) is only 2 sets that don't seem to show any dragons big or small. We get a Werewolf. :)

However you never know, there is always a chance.

2 hours ago, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

I don't think we will many Dragons as they were the second season
Season 1 was Keys (some Dragon action)
Season 2 was Dragon Eggs and Dragons
Season 3 was Goblin King, Goblins and Little Sister Sofie Jones (however there was Saphire and Lula in Rosalyn's set )
Season 4 2018 (first half) we are getting Cyclo Dragon
Season 4 2018 (second half) is only 2 sets that don't seem to show any dragons big or small. We get a Werewolf. :)

However you never know, there is always a chance.

1 hour ago, Ragana9289 said:

Like in the set with the tree and the portal there is a large flying creature.

thank you very much for sharing that information with me.

It would be amazing if there were more upcoming dragons for 2018! 

Looking forward to see some official images soon. Maybe at toy fair New York.

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

3 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Maybe at toy fair New York.

LEGO will not participate in it -  afraid of competitors( although before was not afraid).

Edited by Ragana9289

I agree with those here who have said that the webisodes for 2017 could have been a bit more cohesive. Parts were reused, there were gaps in the story line, and it just didn't flow together. IMO, I think they were too busy worrying about Secrets of Elvendale to pay as much attention to the webisodes. I mean, if you're going to expand the series onto different media platforms, then at least spread out your time and effort evenly. Don't focus too much on one and then skimp on the other. For the people who don't have Netflix, the webisodes are all they have to go by.

I'm a little surprised that there are only two sets for the summer. I'm glad we get another building, the Elvenstar Tree, since there weren't a whole lot of buildings in this year's first wave. I share people's frustrations about Farran only being in one set per season (and usually one of the most expensive.) Last year, Azari and Naida were used in the second wave, so this year they should have used Aira and Farran instead for the second wave IMO. I like it when there's (roughly) equal usage of the characters so it doesn't feel like anyone is being favoured or forgotten.

Edited by Elf Gal

5 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

LEGO will not participate in it -  afraid of competitors( although before was not afraid).

Lego was not present at London Toy Fair. They will be in Nuremberg and New York. The first one will have photography restrictions but people managed to smuggle out photos in previous years. It's not clear if summer sets will be shown. However, in New York, they will have only winter sets.

6 hours ago, Elf Gal said:

I like it when there's (roughly) equal usage of the characters so it doesn't feel like anyone is being favoured or forgotten.

Oh, please, that's literally never happened. Cole in Ninjago, Lance in Nexo Knights. Equal usage just doesn't happen. 

Can't wait for new sets! I'm little sad that there will be only two summer sets, but in other hand even on prelims they look awesome with cool new details and there's many sets with my favourite white/gold color scheme in this year. Thanks to Euphorine ;)

Also it's cool that Noctura and her bat army have lot of battle vehicles - the chariot, catching machine with web, little zeppelin and may be something big and flying - seems like we may gather evil fantasy motorised batlion :) Not so epic like Nexo have, but with it's own style :)) 

Only disappointing  thing for me is that there's no new male characters :(

And at last I get Skyra's Castle! A liittle used, but in good condition :) 

Edited by Marishka

14 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Oh, please, that's literally never happened. Cole in Ninjago, Lance in Nexo Knights. Equal usage just doesn't happen. 

I know, but it's still frustrating when one character is only used in like one set per season and usually the most expensive. It would be nice if it was more even, not that I expect it to actually be. And I don't know anything about Ninjago or Nexo, so.

And I said roughly, I'm not expecting perfect numbers here.  Just switch it up a bit.  Put Farran in the least expensive set, or put him in two sets instead of one.  You said it yourself.

"This is the second year that Farren's been exclusive to a single large set. I really hope that this is something that ends in 2019."

It's just disappointing that Aira and Farran are only in one set this year like last year.  Meanwhile Naida and Azari are in two again like last year.  Even LUMIA and NOCTURA are in two sets.  And the webisodes are confusing me so I don't know what's going on.

Edited by Elf Gal

On 1/25/2018 at 7:15 PM, Elf Gal said:

Put Farran in the least expensive set, or put him in two sets instead of one.  You said it yourself.

I wonder, since Elves is largely aimed at girls, if they think smaller sets with a male character wouldn't sell as well so they reserve male characters for the bigger "must have" sets?    Does anyone know how well Farran and the Crystal Hollow sold compared to say, Naida's Gondola etc....??

15 minutes ago, Killian said:

I wonder, since Elves is largely aimed at girls, if they think smaller sets with a male character wouldn't sell as well so they reserve male characters for the bigger "must have" sets?    Does anyone know how well Farran and the Crystal Hollow sold compared to say, Naida's Gondola etc....??

I'd wager that this is correct. The crystal hollow set did come with one of the elemental keys though. My daughter just did well at school, and we offered her one of the smaller sets as an encouragement....we said it was to be a smaller set, and gave her the choice between one of the newer, or one of the older...and she picked the crystal hollow set. Still waiting to get it.

In 2018 news, the eagle that Lumia turns into is quite a small build...smaller than I expected it to be.

3 hours ago, Marishka said:

I purchased Noctura's Tower and it will come soon :) I'll try to take some photos while building.

It’s a fun build and looks great on my shelf!  I think you’ll be quite happy. 

The new Elves sets are going to be exclusive to Argos in the UK which is very annoying because Argos rarely offer significant discounts on sets and don't get me started on the box condition. When you would like to get all the sets because they are just so beautiful this means the whole wave is going to cost more or less RRP.

Also, I hope this does not suggest a winding down of the Elves theme. I agree with previous comments that the marketing for Elves seems lacklustre and chaotic which really does the sets a disservice.   

I'm beginning to wonder if these will ever appear on the market here in Belgium. And I agree that the marketing is really letting these sets down. How disappointing....

The elvenstar tree looks amazing, Lego immersion have got a superb image on their facebook site. It's a lot more detailed than it looks on the prelims

Edited by DragonElves
Spelling

I missed out on the original tree house, so I'm really excited about the new one. No need to keep looking for one of the original sets anymore.

Do we know when it's due to come out?

Very excited for that new Treehouse! I too missed the last few big "good" sets (the old Treehouse and Skyra's castle) so I am very much looking forward to this.

ellieV has the first part of her review for Noctura’s Tower up, which has the build of the 2 mini dolls and Liska the Earth Fox.  

So, it's 2018 and we still have crumbled up instructions books... in a 600+ pieces sets...

On the other hand, Noctura looks great (and eviler than Ragana)

6 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

It seems that the elves and Ragana have to unite to defeat the Noctura.

I am extremely confused, what hints that the elves team up with Ragana???  They team up with an elf named Lumia.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:45 AM, Killian said:

That makes sense that younger girls might not want a set with a boy character as much. It's a shame but I guess LEGO has to do whatever they need to do to sell lots of sets and keep the theme going.

Edited by Elf Gal