I just want someone to buy the dragon and lion sets and show me pics :D I am planning to put the previous dragon's wings on them. If I'm not mistaken, the color will be slightly wrong for the wind dragon, but eh, purple is purple.

Many thanks for the Nocturna's tower photos. Really informative. The new recolors in that set are great.

In fact I just like the tower, the open-mouth fox does not look right to me

Edited by bitbamboo

7 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

Many thanks for the Nocturna's tower photos. Really informative. The new recolors in that set are great.

In fact I just like the tower, the open-mouth fox does not look right to me

You’re welcome @bitbamboo!  Funny you mention the open-mouth, as I don’t really like that either.  It looks off somehow.  I display it closed usually.

@FortNerd I regret not ordering all of the sets when TRU had them up, as they swiftly removed from their website the next day or so.  Still, I just need those 2 now and they'll be readily available soon!  Really looking forward to getting them.  

I bought 41193: Aira & the Song of the Wind Dragon today at Toys R Us....they had all 5 new 2018 sets on the shelf. I also saw the white wolf on the map at the back of the booklet, and am speculating that either Lumia can transform into multiple forms, or there's going to be a 2nd shape-changer elf......and since the 1st is a woman, it would make sense for the 2nd to be a man.

I suspect it's Lumia again, but, there are no new male figs in this wave. 2016 had Tidus and 2017 had the Goblin King. @muddyknees, if you have the previous purple dragon  wings (or other color) can you try them on and see if they look good?

On 12/26/2017 at 2:51 AM, FortNerd said:

I just want someone to buy the dragon and lion sets and show me pics :D I am planning to put the previous dragon's wings on them. If I'm not mistaken, the color will be slightly wrong for the wind dragon, but eh, purple is purple.

if you want to sit through my review/building at real time I did finish the sets and streamed the review: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonbricks/videos/all

the two videos on Dec 28th do the lion, dragon and fox sets.

Keep in mind everyone that Rosalyn and Ragana were never in the first winter wave of sets, only the second summer wave.  Plus, each year the pattern seems to be that they add 2 girls and 1 guy.  It's very likely that there's one more new character we haven't seen yet, who will only be in the summer sets, who is probably a guy.

Speaking of summer sets, I suppose we can expect those in June now instead of August!  Now that we know the winter 2018 sets are coming January, it makes sense why they moved up the summer 2017 release to June.

I just want to add that I was originally skeptical when I saw the prelim pictures, but I think the official designs are incredible.  I literally want to buy every single one.  From now on, I will never look at prelim pictures again!  They can be so misleading. 

Edited by Elf Gal

Hey, so I was rewatching the Secrets of Elvendale Netflix series, and saw the part where they were riding the Fire Chariot - and they mentioned that the Chariot was (in-universe, at least) designed to be pulled by her dragon. Now, obviously this is impractical with the toys, because the Fire Dragon toy is so much larger than the chariot. But 2018's Fire Lion looks a lot smaller than the dragon. Soooo . . . does anyone think that modifying the chariot and lion so that they can be attached together might be feasible?

Amazon (US) has the new sets up for order now, with availability Jan 1 (tomorrow), so I ordered the last two that I need; Azari’s and Aira’s sets.  Stoked to see these end of week hopefully!  

I’ll have Aira’s set on Thursday and Azari’s on Monday.   If I can provide any specific pics, please let me know.  

There are instructions available online now, so I built my modded lion in LDD. Granted, he's headless, but at least I have an idea of how he will look like with Zonya's wings. I will do the wind dragon tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Sephron13 said:

I’ll have Aira’s set on Thursday and Azari’s on Monday.   If I can provide any specific pics, please let me know.  

Ooh, take pictures of the back and underside of Azari's lion. I want to know what I have to do in order to attach the Fire Chariot from last year to it, and if I'll have to make it larger. I'm probably gonna attach a ball joint to the end of the black harness part to make sure it's flexible. (I don't like single-part moulded horses like the one that came with that chariot. The moveable wings make it a little better, but not much. It's gonna look so much cooler with a brick-built, poseable lion with flaming wings pulling it!)

Also, are those actually wings on the lion or I see it just a weird sort of mane? I can't tell, and a closer look would be greatly appreciated. :)

Unfortunately, releases are always delayed, and it'll be a couple of weeks at least before I can get it in Australian stores. But I want to be ready. 

11 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Ooh, take pictures of the back and underside of Azari's lion. I want to know what I have to do in order to attach the Fire Chariot from last year to it, and if I'll have to make it larger. I'm probably gonna attach a ball joint to the end of the black harness part to make sure it's flexible. (I don't like single-part moulded horses like the one that came with that chariot. The moveable wings make it a little better, but not much. It's gonna look so much cooler with a brick-built, poseable lion with flaming wings pulling it!)

Also, are those actually wings on the lion or I see it just a weird sort of mane? I can't tell, and a closer look would be greatly appreciated. :)

You got it!!

That stunningly beautiful animation... those colors... they will make the whole webseries like this? o_o

I am getting that Tree the minute it comes out. Possibly the Wolf if it's a small set. I suspect it will come with more Shadow World terrain, as so far the terrain is only represented in very small bits and the tower. But, they might lump it together with Noctura's carriage.

Okay, so we were wrong about there being another, male Light elf who can become a wolf. Lumia is a shapeshifter with the ability to take several different forms. (I wonder if one of the other sets might include a small alternate form for her, like a chipmunk or squirrel maybe?)

And I'm seeing a treehouse that definitely looks a lot like the one that was burnt down by the goblins in 2017 (I knew it!), as well as an evil carriage for Nocturna. There's also going to be a brick-built Dark World portal as an accessory in one of the sets. So maybe another small set with Lumia's wolf form, a medium size set with Noctura's carriage and the portal, and a large treehouse set? (Of particular note; I spotted that the four parts of the Elvenstar have been hung, separately, on each of the four parts of the treehouse. Interesting.)

The treehouse is a must-have for me (even though it looks smaller than I'd hoped - eh, nothing a few spare parts can't fix), and so's the wolf, but unless the wolf and carriage turn out to come in the same set I'll probably give the carriage a miss. (Is that supposed o be a bat attached to it? It looks weird and unfinished.) Still, these certainly look good. Can't wait for official images.

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Rewatched and took a closer look at the treehouse.

The tree will likely contain Farran (because y,know, tree) Naida (if the waterfall has an action feature). and one other elf (my bet is on Lumia since she opens the portal. We know the portal comes with Tree set from the map picture.)

Emily wil obviously come with the wolf set and Noctura with the carriage, so that leaves Aira and Azari who will be in one of the two. The carriage is pulled by a flying bat, so you'd need a shooter to take it out, therefore Aira is in that set and Azari in the wolf one.

I will check back on this post after Toy Fair to see if my crazy logic has proven true :D

Edited by FortNerd

Wait, wait wait wait WAIT. 

The Technic pin holes on Noctura's tower. None of these three sets contain a structure that the tower could thusly be attached to. Unless at some point in the show Noctura merges her tower with the Elvenstar Treehouse? But I don't think that's likely . . point is, what are they for?

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wait, wait wait wait WAIT. 

The Technic pin holes on Noctura's tower. None of these three sets contain a structure that the tower could thusly be attached to. Unless at some point in the show Noctura merges her tower with the Elvenstar Treehouse? But I don't think that's likely . . point is, what are they for?

If you look closely on the new map, this area here carries a bit more detail than the rest, except for spots where the Elvenstar Tree and Noctura’s vehicle are.  It’s possible this may represent some kind of mine or bat village sort of set.  Maybe this will sync up with the Tower?  

https://imgur.com/gallery/x9E9d