14 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Based on the pictures, all four of the beasts get chained to the tower, because there's a spot for each one and it looks like the tower balcony has a collapsing function.

Yes! But I see only two chains, may be in second half of the year another part of Noctura's tower wound appear? 

16 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Most likely, the top part of the tower will be transformed into some sort of flying machine.

It seems it have flapping function that is similar to Airship

1 hour ago, Marishka said:

Yes! But I see only two chains, may be in second half of the year another part of Noctura's tower wound appear? 

It seems it have flapping function that is similar to Airship

It looks like additional chains would be attached to the tower in this set (replacing the Trans. Fluor. Green 1x1 round tiles under the elemental icons with additional chains like the ones from the lion and turtle sets). So it's not like the other chains necessarily correspond to an unseen section of the tower/castle.

I'm looking at the box art pics that Lyichir mentioned, you can see a bit more detail on them. I'm not sure, but I think the thing that shoots 2x2 round tiles is a new part/parts.

edit: the top part of Naida's wand may be new as well. The thing at the top of it is a 1x1 round tile with water symbol, and I can't think of anything right now that would keep it there.

Edited by FortNerd

4 minutes ago, FortNerd said:

I'm looking at the box art pics that Lyichir mentioned, you can see a bit more detail on them. I'm not sure, but I think the thing that shoots 2x2 round tiles is a new part/parts.

Hm? That's not new, it's this piece that was introduced two years ago.

16 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Hm? That's not new, it's this piece that was introduced two years ago.

ok then, nevermind, I'm an idiot.

On another topic: The music shop looks like pure beauty and imho it proves why bringing back the good guys castle would be a good idea. Maybe we'll finally get one, since they put Noctura's tower in winter wave?

Love the buildings in that last photo. I've resisted buying any new lego in the last year, but I think I'll have to come out of AFOL retirement for this!

Wow, I'm not into Elves much, I only have a boat from the first series, but damn, I'm getting all of them this times around hahah! All the animals are very cute and there's many very cool pieces in bright colors :D!

I just noticed that Noctura's Tower has Technic pinholes on the sides, possibly hinting at a future expansion! At first I thought it might connect with the modules from some of the other sets, but they don't seem to have the same sort of connection.

^Yup, those are the same pictures I posted earlier from Lego.com (which can also be viewed on Brickset). There are even other alternate pictures besides the one in that video!

Since I'm taking the time to comment, might as well add a few more observations from the pictures:

• The large animals are named Lumia (eagle in 41190/elf in 41193), Cory (turtle in 41191), Rowan (lion in 41192), Cyclo (wyvern in 41193), and Liska (fox in 41194). All of the animals feature a printed seat with the new "compass rose" emblem that appears throughout the sets. The four elemental animals also each feature a new "compass shard" element. Unfortunately, this part does not seem to be a conventional plate—rather, it seems to attach via a 3.2 mm bar on the back, which attaches to either the heads of the animals or 1x1 round studs with holes at the top of Noctura's tower.
  • The bats' names are Vespe (Tr. Br. Green in 41190 and 41192), Furi (Tr. Fl. Green in 41191), Molo (Tr. Br. Bl. Violet in 41192 and 41194), Phyll (Tr. Medium Reddish Violet in 41193), and Hippo (Tr. Fl. Reddish Orange in 41194).
  • The names for the small turtle in 41191 and the bird in 41193 are not listed on the boxes.
  • All of the Elves get new outfits featuring armor, belts, and boots! Interestingly, Farran has exchanged his baggier pants for tighter ones (possibly to allow for more printed detail).
  • The new villain, Noctura, features black and teal hair and a single, arm-length glove. The "compass shards" from the animals or her tower can also be attached to the "Dalek" brick on her staff.
  • Lumia's elf form features white hair and a white and gold outfit Earth Blue boots. Her skin tone appears to be Nougat, a color midway between the one used for Azari, Rosalyn, and Tidus, the one used for the other Elves characters. She is the second mini-doll character to use this skin tone, after Olivia in the new Friends sets.
  • All four main elf characters get new brick-built weapons. Naida gets a staff, Azari gets a hammer, Aira gets a bow, and Farran gets a shield. Aira's crossbow can be stored disassembled in a crate under the music school in 41193, and a separate crate hidden in the center of the smaller floating island contains a stickered instruction sheet for building it (hinting that the elves might all build these new weapons themselves).
  • Little upside-down bat beds in 41190 and 41192!
  • The cover of the book in 41190 is printed, but the one in 41194 doesn't seem to be. The page to the book in 41190 is hidden under the treasure chest, but it's unclear whether the one in 41194 has the same interior page, a separate printed page, or a stickered page.
  • The music school in 41193 has a picture (stickered) of the bird (presumably the teacher) and a goblin. Possibly how Bieblin got his start?
  • 41194 has plenty of neat features, including a potion-mixing cauldron, a comfy-looking chaise longue, a breakable balcony, and of course the main feature that raises the wings and head of the bat at the top of the tower. As I mentioned earlier, it also seems like it is designed to attach to a future set...
  • All of the sets feature a portal in the boxart, which seems to lead to a separate world from Elvendale where Noctura and her bats seem to hail from.

Is it me or does it seem like the villains castle is getting smaller ever year, first there was Ragana's Castle, then Cronan's smaller castle and now Noctura's Tower, who ever the villain is next will probably have a shack.

11 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Is it me or does it seem like the villains castle is getting smaller ever year, first there was Ragana's Castle, then Cronan's smaller castle and now Noctura's Tower, who ever the villain is next will probably have a shack.

Keep in mind that this is a tower, not a castle... and may even be meant to connect to a larger structure in the summer, based on the Technic pinholes on the sides.

I like the eagle most, it seems the eyes are printed, this would allow creating large variation of brick build animal that will fit into the theme. Otherwise it is a bit let down. I wish there was less confrontation and more peacefull builds like starlight inn or bakery. I have not shown the pictures to my daughters yet (they are looking forward to current sets for christmas) so I don't have opinion from target audience, but they like the sets from 2015/16 most, while least favourite are sets with goblins and king..

I have mixed feelings about this wave. On the one hand, 41191 and 41192 both look great. I'm not sure why that lion has wings, but it's awesome all the same. And the inclusion of the baby turtle is just grand. :) 41290 and 41193 are a mixed bag - the floating island building doesn't look half bad, even though it pales in comparison to previous Elves buildings. And that wyvern (I don't care what they say, that is a wyvern, not a dragon, and a pox on the name of anyone who says different!) certainly could be better, though I understand they were going for a smaller scale than in 2016. Since that year's wind dragon is the only one I actually still have from that year, maybe I'll see if I can combine them for something better. 41194, on the other hand, is a big let-down. I get what they were going for, with the kitsune (again, they can call it a fox, but that is a kitsune), and it's not bad for what it is, but I am very disappointed that the first ever official Lego kitsune is green. I was really hoping they'd buck the trend and make it brown or orange so I could use it outside of the Elves theme. -.- Also, that 'tower' is a bunch of good parts compiled into a really poor design. I seriously hope everyone is right about there being a summer set that it attaches to to make it bigger and better, because that right there is a weak effort. Especially after how great Ragana's Magic Shadow Castle was. If I get that, I'll probably scrap it for parts and install Noctura in Ragana's old digs. Say that she kicked her out or something.

(I'm also a little bit curious as to who's been spying on me, because I did the 'top part of the castle turns into a dragon and flies away' thing last year.)

But there is one thing thing about this new year that makes me happy; the elves are in armour and carrying weapons! Brick-built weapons, no less! I never thought I'd see that from a mini-doll theme! Woo-hoo!

Plus, yay we finally have a shapeshifting elf! Now I just wish they'd put both of her forms into the same set. (And that the eagle didn't look so shoddily built - if I get it, and that is something of an if at present, I'm definitely going to see if I can touch it up. Maybe with the golden feather parts from that 71303 bionicle set. Those are way better tailfeathers.)

Overall, my verdict is; wait until the summer sets are revealed and then decide if this is worth the investment. We'll probably have seen them by the March release anyway. 

8 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Overall, my verdict is; wait until the summer sets are revealed and then decide if this is worth the investment. We'll probably have seen them by the March release anyway.

Not a March release, they're coming January!  (At least where I live.)  They're already on the website.  Awesome!

Just now, Elf Gal said:

Not a March release, they're coming January!  (At least where I live.)  They're already on the website.  Awesome!

Holy crap, really? They were always released in March before, and the leaked Russian catalogue pages suggested March as well.

Wow. Elf Gal is right. Canada has them listed as available Jan 01.

Coming soon pages have been added to the U.S. Lego Shop for the new Elves sets!

Not a ton of details that weren't already evident from the boxes and pictures, apart from the names of the smaller animals: Sebastian the bird and Calypso the baby turtle.

41193 is also described as an "amazing LEGO® Elves toy for girls and boys" in the product description. It's the only new Elves set described that way, but looking at other sets it looks like similar descriptions have been used for sets in themes like Friends and Ninjago in the past, which is a pleasant surprise!

Here's hoping that's the worldwide release. I'm still more excited for Nexo Knights than this, but am certainly looking forward s all the same. :)

I was at my local LBR store last week, and lamented to the assistant manager about the Elves sets not being out yet--when he told me they would be out in two weeks (or even sooner--he suggested they might break street date early!) I was shocked. I'm saving some of my Christmas $$ just in case. I figure if the sets don't look worthwhile in person, I can easily find other stuff to spend it on. :sweet:

I just ordered 41194 Noctura’s Tower & the Earth Fox Rescue set off of the US Toys-R-Us site.  Super excited to get this one!!