Looking at the sets again, I actually like the designs of some of the animals.  They seem to be a lot smaller than the dragons, which I like, and there's more variety with the different species.  Even though the dragons had some variation with their legs and other details, they were still all DRAGONS.  I mean, I would have been okay with having one or two, but for me, I really don't need to collect 5+ dragons, when they're so similar.  So yeah, I like the different species and I'll probably get Noctura's tower, and maybe even the set with Aira, depending on how the building looks in the final pictures.  But that's just me .... I know a lot of people like to collect the dragons, and I assume the same goes for collecting the animals.  (I do love animals though, so story-wise, I can't wait to see how the animals factor into this!)

Edited by Elf Gal

11 hours ago, Bentonton said:

Have there been no new leaks?

Nope. Keep in mind we've already seen the prelim pics from the retailer catalog, and official pictures of the January releases are still trickling out. It'll probably still be a little while before official pictures of March releases like Elves start to show up.

Noctura's tower just became tempting again. BTW what is the name of the new elf with Aira? And am I crazy or is she a Light element?

52 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Lumia.

In that case, either she's a LIght elf or a Windows phone. I'm excited!

1 hour ago, FortNerd said:

In that case, either she's a LIght elf or a Windows phone. I'm excited!

Naah... She's the new Iphone.  The set costs $999

Those look great. That's a problem since I'm trying to cut back on LEGO and I know my daughter will love these. Grr!

Thanks for sharing! The new figures and animals look great too.

Lumia is also the name of the eagle Emily rides in her set, indicating that they're the same character.

Huh. Interesting. I gotta say, as someone who firmly believes that Elves is the best Lego theme in years .. these are kinda not that great. I don't like those giant animals at all, and the bat creatures are way to reminiscent of the goblins. I do like the small building, and the tower is ok, and I'm down for the new characters. The rest though?? Nope. Did the Elves designers move to a different theme or something? I'm struggling to reconcile the beautiful, creative, innovative sets from the past two years with ... this.

I really like the animals and the little bat things.  The builds seem interesting.  Ill be looking forward to seeing HD pictures.

LEGO Elves SW 2018 : The last Jedi ? Emily Jones would like to become a Jedi for 2018 with her sword of light?
LEGO with a intrigue on the shadow and light, would it want to surf the wave of Star Wars : The Last Jedi?

The sets with the animals are nice. But my opinion is that the dark side is too prominent in 2018. That shocks with the other years.

Besides, I would have hoped for a new haircut for the new light elf.

Edited by Euphorine

I do like the look of some of the new animals, the fox in particular, and like the idea of getting two new elves. The bats are also ... interesting, and I know it will be a case of 'gotta catch 'em all'! I might wait until they come on Bricks and Pieces or may just buy all the sets at the right price. I am keen on getting the purple dragon as I missed the purple and green dragons in the last wave (this is a different character and technically more of a wyvern I know, but it will be nice to add that colour to my dragon mix). Teal is clearly the colour of 2018 and it's good to see some new colours, but I have to agree that what drew me to the Elves line was the artistic builds and this line seems sparse in that area. If this was the first wave for Elves I don't think it would appeal to such an audience as the real first wave did, but then again 1) it isn't the first wave and 2) it would get boring if everything stayed the same. This does seem a little lacking in terms of structures though (even Nocturna's tower looks compact) so I would hope to see some more buildings later in the year.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I also feel like this wave is a bit lackluster, especially compared to the previous waves. The buildings don't seem as impressive as the Treehouse or the Starlight Inn, for example, nor the animals as well-designed and charming as the dragons were.

That being said, Nocturna's tower looks like the only must buy me. Nocturna looks to have some great parts for customizing of evil minidolls, there is a new print for Farran (for me at least), the fox looks like the best of these new giant pets, and as others have said, loads of teal and other great pieces. I'm guessing its probably in the $60 range, which seems reasonable.

Probably the only other set I would get is the eagle set. It looks like a good value for what is probably $10-12.

By the way, have we had any confirmation the teal color is the same as the old teal that Mark Stafford "killed"? I have bunch of that color from 90's Rock Raiders sets and the Technic Competition sets, and it would irk me incredibly if the new color was *just* off.

Hoorah ! New official images! I really like this sets, I'm glad that this year theme appears in clean and bright colors again! Lumia's house may be is most intresting thing to me - I see it's structure imitates small flying islands, and new character have really awesome design - white hair with brown skin. And even vehicles of small critters seems much finely that goblins had. I'm waiting for new images with more details.

The skepticism about repeating past ideas is quite strange for my opinion, because, in first, there's some differences in design and overall mood - creatures look like magical beings or so with lots of transperent details, and heroes have  printed light armor and composite wepons (I hope we'll get minidoll armor once!) and in second - this is fourth year of series, and children who get grown might not meet elves sets before, so this would be probably their first meeting with it, and I sure, new sets can meke strong first impression.

Offtop - two days ago I've got used Skyra's castle, hoho! It's awesome.

So anyway, the day before we got those official pics I accidentally stumbled upon relatively high quality watermarked box pics. I wasn't keen on posting them, and now that we have official pics there's little point in doing so... but one thing those pictures did include that these catalog pictures don't is the names of the animals (listed on the tops of the boxes). So if anyone's curious:

Eagle: Lumia (same name as the new elf character, indicating that one transforms into the other)

Turtle: Cory

Lion: Rowan

Dragon: Cyclo

Fox: Luka? (this one is slightly harder to read, being on a bigger box with the same image size as the others)

Anyway, quite impressed with these sets. The creatures look great, and the color scheme of the villains is quite interesting (seems to be mostly black/teal/cool yellow/transparent fluorescent green). While there aren't too many structures, the ones there are seem suitably unique (a music shop is something I've been wanting to see for some time). I also like the brick-built "weapons" for each of the Elves. As always, hoping this isn't the end for the theme, but am impressed even if it is!

2 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

By the way, have we had any confirmation the teal color is the same as the old teal that Mark Stafford "killed"? I have bunch of that color from 90's Rock Raiders sets and the Technic Competition sets, and it would irk me incredibly if the new color was *just* off.

As far as LEGO is concerned it is the same color (same name and ID number). But of course, some variability is a possibility with any color, especially since Teal/Bright Bluish Green/Dark Turquoise was last used slightly before LEGO started mixing their own colors instead of buying pre-colored plastic granulate from a single supplier.

Based on the pictures, all four of the beasts get chained to the tower, because there's a spot for each one and it looks like the tower balcony has a collapsing function.