Final images may change my mind, but I'm not as excited by this wave as I thought I'd be. I own 41172, 41175, and 41176, but not 41178, so this new wyvern would round out the four elements . . . but I worry about the wings being too different to fit in, and it especially doesn't make sense to me for a wind dragon to have the smallest wings of the lot - which is why the original, larger version, with its extra pair of wings, worked so well. Now that the price of 41178 has tripled on the aftermarket, though, I'm somewhat regretting not buying it. Oh, well. Three dragons with one larger than the others corresponds well with the brood of a certain popular fantasy heroine. The completionist in me just feels a little weird about considering a set like 41187 (Rosalyn's Healing Hideout) when a more important element (no pun intended) of the collection is missing. The new white-haired elf that comes in the wyvern set looks promising, though, so depending on price I might still go for it.

As for the rest of the wave, I don't know. The fire lion looks neat, but I worry about it being redundant with my dragon of the same color and size. As for the castle, the possible return of dark turquoise is intriguing, and I like those feather pieces on the fox, but I don't think I like the fox as a whole. Nice to see (in multiple sets) the new spider mold in another color. Can anyone tell if that's standard yellow or the spring green of the Goblin King's castle? It's also in white in the city miners sets.

There's a lot of neat ideas on display here, just none that work particularly well with my finite budget and limited collection. I really hope 2018 has a second wave, but the lack of any obvious gaps doesn't give me much hope. 2015 held back on the wind key; 2016 held back on the adult wind and the baby earth & water dragons; and 2017 didn't have any obvious collectibles so it was hard to say. But this time we have all four animals and all four magic weapons. Unless the second wave is a different concept entirely, I'm not optimistic.

10 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Not familiar with the piece on the head, but it looks trans-purple.

I think it's a new piece - all of the animals (except Emily's eagle) have it on top of their head, and if you look at the castle it looks like the new villainess is collecting them, much like the Monster Fighters castle and those moonstones.

(Also, yay first post! I'd been reading various forums without an account for a few years now, but I finally got around to making one.)

The fire lion looks neat, but I worry about it being redundant with my dragon of the same color and size

I feel the same way about the fox. Luckily I didn't buy the fire dragon, and the lion looks smaller and imho better. I didn't like the big fat long legs on the wind and fire dragons.

I might buy the lion, attach Zorya's wings, and make a chimera :D

Maybe there's new powers ? Black and white, light and darkness.

The shadow and the light ? Because I can see a dark castle and an elf with hair black, then a city seeming to be in clouds with one elf with the white and golden hair.

Yes, it does look like there are collectibles.  Blue, Green, Purple, and Orange gems of some sort.  Most are on the animal's head, but it looks like the evil elf has captured the green one from the wolf.  Interesting design, I wonder what they represent.

6 hours ago, FortNerd said:

I might buy the lion, attach Zorya's wings, and make a chimera :D

Lol, I had the same thought! :) and it's nice to make it two-headed

The fox have enough diffrent propotions from Thorne in my opinion. It have longer legs with tiny paws and wonderful triple tail. Can't wait to see final images! Also I remember that in first Cronan's wywern seemed not so cool on pictures like it is in real, so I'm very optimistic about new creatures. Also I hope there will be some epic dark creature in second wave. And I little sad that there's no goblins in this year, they're funny as second plane characters.

11 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yes, it does look like there are collectibles.  Blue, Green, Purple, and Orange gems of some sort.  Most are on the animal's head, but it looks like the evil elf has captured the green one from the wolf.  Interesting design, I wonder what they represent.

I would think it is for the elements. 

Blue is for water.

Green is for earth.

Purple is for the wind. 

Orange is for fire. 

I'm glad Elves are still here.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I would think it is for the elements. 

Blue is for water.

Green is for earth.

Purple is for the wind. 

Orange is for fire. 

Yes, each color corresponds to an element, but what are the crystals?  Magic crystals that grant elemental powers?

39 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Yes, each color corresponds to an element, but what are the crystals?  Magic crystals that grant elemental powers?

Looks like it's new collectable stuff. But this crystals are new, aren't they?

And! I watched the images carefully and I notice that fox actually have another head mold than lion - there's big pointy ears from sideview. So it's really awesome creature, I think!  And Aira's set building is on flying island - nice idea that fits perfectly into Elves world. 

Bats flying on another flying vehicles are really funny as some king of absurd :)

Appearing of new wind dragon is great for those who want to complete elemental dragons swarm but didn't get that Sanctuary set in 2016 which disappeared from stores enough quick. So this year is still aviable fire and earth dragons, and new water dragon from Rosalyn set, and next year we'll get another wind dragon. To speak honestly, it's two-legged wyvern, but what a problem to make another pair of paws? :)

Edited by Marishka

After seeing the pictures, I think the villain is a vampire, which is not a far stretch for a fantasy theme like this, also I think her minions are bats, just fairy theme bats, because they have everthing similar to regular bats, but enlarged head which will probably have prints.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

50 minutes ago, Lordofdragonss said:

I have a good question -  Why Farran Fox uses 1x1 "lock" piece as paws? That looks horribly bad.

I really hope the Bat wings will be trans yellow.

I think it looks quite good, myself. Small, dainty paws are a pretty distinctive trait of foxes.

On 9/22/2017 at 3:04 AM, Robert8 said:

They do look nice I have to say

The animals would have been better with more translucent parts. The fire Lion/Tiger is the best one

Also, what is the green animal? Is it like an unicorn made of leaves?

The new bat mould looks funny, but a bat flying on that little dirigible looks absurd :laugh:

Could you please share where you found the pictures?  Someone said 4chan but I'm so lost  I may never get out.  Thank you!

Edited by Elvesmom

16 hours ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

I like these sets alright, but I like these molded heads even less than the ones on the dragons. :/

That's kind of where I'm at with them too. I've replaced all of the big, dopey dragon heads with brick-built heads like the Ninjago dragons, and I like them a lot better now. I would probably do something similar with these new animals. 

Nocturna's tower looks promising, and I'm very curious to see the final version of that. Likewise, the wind dragon set looks interesting. I don't know about that lion thing though. And the bat creature minions look too similar to the goblins in my opinion. 

Could someone pm me the pictures I would love to see these.  I have alot of the goblin wave.  The goblin village is nice I got it for $25 at walmart couldn't pass it up.   I really like the theme as a whole.  The theme has great builds and interesting characters.  The parts are useful for my fantasy/castle builds.  I would like to see the villains especially the bats.  

13 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Could someone pm me the pictures I would love to see these.

EB has a pretty stiff rule regarding using the forum to propagate leaked material--directly linking or sharing leaked info has led to some major shake-ups before, members getting banned, etc. so I assume everyone is kind of holding their breath and playing it safe.

4chan is a weird maze of weirdness, but, as have others said, you might find what you're looking for. That's probably all the info you're likely to get from anyone on these boards until we get some official pics, since the EB admins (rightly) don't want to spoil their rapport with TLG, and none of us wants to get banned.

I finally started to use the red...unowhat and its still not there :(

I was looking in the 4...ushouldnotsay but ended up surfing adult content after 30min of walking in the maze.

For those who are not able to find it in the maze like me, enjoy this short video of a MOC (build by a friend) which was at the Brno 2017 - Czech Republic - exhibition last weekend.

The black/magenta/lime Raganas Dragon "in the air" is mine and i will post some details later about it in a separate article.

1 hour ago, STARHAWK said:

I finally started to use the red...unowhat and its still not there :(

I was looking in the 4...ushouldnotsay but ended up surfing adult content after 30min of walking in the maze.

For those who are not able to find it in the maze like me, enjoy this short video of a MOC (build by a friend) which was at the Brno 2017 - Czech Republic - exhibition last weekend.

The black/magenta/lime Raganas Dragon "in the air" is mine and i will post some details later about it in a separate article.

Wow, looks great. Will this exhibition be in Prague as well?

30 minutes ago, FortNerd said:

Wow, looks great. Will this exhibition be in Prague as well?

Possibly, but the Raganas Dragon is just a prototype and its mine. But ill make sure that my friend who owns the diorama can build a copy of it (he already asked for that :) ) I at the other hand start to build similar diorama at my home.

nice looking sets. 

Edited by zoth33