Alrighty then, we're not finished visiting Elvendale! 

Discuss :sweet:

41190: Emily Jones' Eagle Escape

41190?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=500&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png

41191:

41191?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=500&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png

41192: Axari and the Capture of the  Pound Lion

41192?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=500&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png

41193: Aira and the Wind Song Dragon

41193?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=500&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png

41194: Noctura Tower and the Rescue of the Earth Fox

41194?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=500&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png

Here is what we know so far about the sets (excuse the poorly translated names):

• 41190 Emily Jones Sets Sail on an Eagle - Emily, a brick-built eagle, bat creature, and small nook with treasure chest.
  • 41191 Naida and the Ambush of the Aquatic Turtle - Naida, brick-built turtle, smaller turtle pet, bat creature, and a small waterfall piece.
  • 41192 Azari's Cooking with the Molten Lion - Azari, a brick-built fire lion, two bat creatures, some spiderweb piece and a catapult.
  • 41193 Aira and the Song of the Wind Dragon - Aira, another elf (perhaps a new character), the brick-built wind dragon, bat creature, and a little cottage of some sort.
  • 41194 Noctura's Tower and the Earth Fox Rescue - Nocturna, Farran, the brick-built fox, bat creature, and Noctura's tower.
Edited by Hythonia

52 minutes ago, x105Black said:

I'm actually kind of unimpressed with this wave versus previous waves of Elves.

You're not the only one. I was hoping so much for more fantastical creatures like mermaids or fairies (using the new fairy mini dolls from the Sleeping Beauty set seems like a no brainer for this series). Noctura sounds cool, though. I predict she will have formerly been an air elf since Cronan is an earth elf and Ragana is fire. 

It's definitely not the direction I expected Elves to go but I'm excited nonetheless! The animals look really cool, I love the new parts I can see, and the unique brick-built weapons each Elf gets seem very cool!

It does feel worryingly conclusive, though, featuring a castle for the villain in the first half of the year... I do hope this still isn't the end!

If there are villian castle in first half of the year, so may be there'll be good guys castle in the second. Otherwise there's too many dark castles :) 

I didn't see prelims but are that animals cute or something Chima-like?

I would like to have more male representatives. I think girls and boys will love the 2018 range. And there is a lack of many male elves in the lineup.

2 hours ago, Marishka said:

I didn't see prelims but are that animals cute or something Chima-like?

They have a similar aesthetic to the Elves dragons, although IMO less graceful. But, they are just prelims so hopefully the final designs are more polished.

They do look nice I have to say

The animals would have been better with more translucent parts. The fire Lion/Tiger is the best one

Also, what is the green animal? Is it like an unicorn made of leaves?

The new bat mould looks funny, but a bat flying on that little dirigible looks absurd :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

33 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The animals would have been better with more translucent parts. The fire Lion/Tiger is the best one

The new bat mould looks funny, but a bat flying on that little dirigible looks absurd :laugh:

The green thing is a fox. I wish they went for a different color scheme :/ It looks too similar to Thorne. Dark green would have been great, mixed with some brown or tan maybe.

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Instead of wading through that bottomless pit called 4Chan, I'm just going to wait for the prelims to be posted elsewhere. 

Now you and others have mentioned like above that many of these animals are made up of translucent parts. Are any of these parts particularly identifiable, and what translucent colors are these builds made up of?

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Instead of wading through that bottomless pit called 4Chan, I'm just going to wait for the prelims to be posted elsewhere. 

Now you and others have mentioned like above that many of these animals are made up of translucent parts. Are any of these parts particularly identifiable, and what translucent colors are these builds made up of?

Wyvern uses Hero Factory lightning in purple and trans-light blue for the bulk of the wing, and 59233pb01 for the a smaller bit of wing and the tip of the tail. Looks like 1x1 cheese slopes in trans-purple are used as well. Not familiar with the piece on the head, but it looks trans-purple.

Lion has the Chima Phoenix wings, looks like trans-red (maybe orange) cheese slopes paired with 2x1 slope with the cut-out in trans-yellow. New (?) piece on the head in the same color as the cheese slopes.

Turtle looks like it just has some trans-blue cheese slopes.

I really can't tell on the fox. There looks to be some transparent chain in a couple of sets, as well as 1x1 round tiles and the crystal pieces.

Edited by K_Tiger

Yeah, I see the images! 

I really adore color schemes - past year use of pale green and saturated red was too experimantal for me. It's nice that theme becomes much action-oriented with new beasts and weapons, however, I also liked peaceful sets of the first wave like bakery of workshop. Also new avatar-style cartoons give me hope that story behind will be not too stupid :) My favorite cartoons are about Ragana and Sira in 2016 - enough nice humorious fantasy.

First place of new sets for me is dark tower - I exited that we will get third dark elf in this series!! And it's cool with dark wings on the top and ans bluesh-green columns and mushrooms. Farran's fox is funny and it seems that it's head diffrent from lion's, but may be I'm wrong.

Also I like Aira's set - the building have cool style and I'm just fan of dragons. Bird is also very nice little build, much intresting than smallest sets of previous years. Lion set is about pure action, it's Azari style :)  Less of them I like turtle - head looks too simple and smooth in coparison with body, but I like the idea, turtles are cool :)

For me Aira's set is #1. a wind dragon with smaller build, to match the Water and Earth dragons I already have (I might exchange the wings but not sure yet), and finally a good looking building in Elvish style! And that lion! Can't wait to see official pics or photos from Toy Fair. The fox may be good or bad depending on how it looks with the "confidential" stamp removed and photographed in some better pose.

Just now, x105Black said:

I like that blue-green color from the castle set.  It almost looks like the old dark turquoise.

There's a part of me that almost suspects that it IS the old Dark Turquoise… after all, LEGO brought that color back not too long ago for paints and textile elements (most recently for Anna's cape in a recent Frozen set), so of all retired colors it now stands perhaps the best chance of being used for actual bricks again.

That said, it could also just be a misleadingly rendered Dark Azur.

I suspect it's a current color, just poorly rendered. I thought the same thing about some pictures (rendered) I saw of the Minecraft Ocean Monument set--turns out, nope, it's colors we already have.

That being said, I'd love to be wrong.

2 hours ago, FortNerd said:

For me Aira's set is #1. a wind dragon with smaller build, to match the Water and Earth dragons I already have (I might exchange the wings but not sure yet)

I hope there will be another print on dragon's head that Gust already has, so they would not double in my collection :) 

7 minutes ago, Marishka said:

I hope there will be another print on dragon's head that Gust already has, so they would not double in my collection :) 

nah, looks like a new print.

eyes.jpg

I also think it's possible that the new dragon might be regular Lavender instead of Medium Lavender. I sort of hope so—so far none of the dragon colors have been repeated, at least for the adult dragons. One possibility (though probably not especially likely) is that this new dragon could be a grown up Fledge!

It's also nice to get a new wind elf (the first one since Skyra!), though it would have been neat to finally get a male wind elf instead.

2 hours ago, FortNerd said:

nah, looks like a new print.

eyes.jpg

Wow, that's great! :)

I don't think it's Fledge - he is just 2-legged

1 hour ago, Marishka said:

Wow, that's great! :)

I don't think it's Fledge - he is just 2-legged

Fledge only stands on his back legs in the sets, but he still has four limbs (not counting wings). In the TV specials and webisodes the baby dragons like Lula generally walk on all fours like most of the adult dragons.