Kit Bricksto

[MOC] T-47 Snowspeeder

Hi everyone!

I built this model earlier this year as part of one of my entries to the IDS-MOC Olympics but I never came around to post detailed shots of the Snowspeeder itself. Up until now!

I tried to keep it as close to minifigure-scale as possible without loosing too much detail and the ability to fit two figures into the cockpit.

37269154276_2328d40464_b.jpg

37286852222_33f046de51_b.jpg

36646757613_98541cb50f_b.jpg

I am quite happy with how it turned out but of course there is still room for improvement. If you have any suggestions on how to improve it, I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments! :)

Edited by Kit Bricksto

Hello, Kit Bricksto!

Fantastic T-47, the accuracy, and detail for this scale is amazing! 

Kind regards, Ellis.

On 21. September 2017 at 8:10 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello, Kit Bricksto!

Fantastic T-47, the accuracy, and detail for this scale is amazing! 

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thanks Ellis, glad you like it! 

13 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

If you can create a tutorial for this, I think this could blow up huge!

Thank you for your confidence! I usually don't mind making breakdowns or even LDD files for my models but this one is really flimsy. I might reengineer the structure of the build sometime and then I will definitely post some instructions! 

Good to know that someone is interested though, I'll keep that in mind. 

On 23.9.2017 at 4:19 PM, All in the Reflexes said:

Thats a REALLY nice T47 Kit, great work :)

Thanks! :)

A friend of mine on Rogue Bricks requested a comparison pic with the Lego AT-AT but since I don't have that set I thought I'd compare it to one of Lego's Snowspeeder sets instead. I thought it might interest you guys too, so here's the picture:

37305163751_91d017493b_b.jpg

This is an awesome MOC, but can you please do the instruction, or just a couple of fotos of how to build it ? I'll be very grateful !

Thanks for a bump on this one :D I would almost miss this feat of small scale perfection. Excellent job Kit!

On 31/10/2017 at 11:02 AM, Hunter003 said:

Would this be of a similar scale to Raskolnikov's (possible spelling mistake!) plus size ATAT?

I think it’d be close, his AT-AT is smaller than minifig scale so this may be a bit big in comparison.

On 26.9.2017 at 6:51 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Awesome Snowspeeder! It has all the same details as the other one, but in slightly smaller scale. I have nothing for you to improve, it is perfect, IMO. :thumbup:

On 31.10.2017 at 6:52 AM, krisandkris12 said:

Thanks for a bump on this one :D I would almost miss this feat of small scale perfection. Excellent job Kit!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it! :)

On 30.10.2017 at 10:53 PM, Max Kunz said:

This is an awesome MOC, but can you please do the instruction, or just a couple of fotos of how to build it ? I'll be very grateful !

Thanks! It is really incredibly fragile and I am not exactly proud of the building techniques I used. I might rebuild the structure of it sometime and then I'd be very happy to share some breakdowns! I'll look and see if I can manage to carefully take it apart in a few days time though.

On 31.10.2017 at 12:02 PM, Hunter003 said:

Would this be of a similar scale to Raskolnikov's (possible spelling mistake!) plus size ATAT?

2 hours ago, MThomasF said:

I think it’d be close, his AT-AT is smaller than minifig scale so this may be a bit big in comparison.

I think MThomasF ist right here. I haven't done the math on Raskolnikov's model but as far as I know it's slightly smaller than minifig scale and my model is a little too big. They'd be in much better proportion with each other than the official sets of the two vehicles.

Since I don't have much room to show off my Lego, I really love the downsizing.

I still have no clue how you were able to cram 2 minifigs in that small built, but it looks awesome!

I have been searching for a smaller scale snowspeeder for a while now. I still cant believe I found it. Kit, can you please show us some pictures on how its all connected? There are some of us who really want to replicate this build even if its flimsy as you said. Who knows, we might be able to strenghten it a bit. Thanks.