Sign in to follow this  
TotalAfol

Selling Lego Collection - Advice Needed

Hi

I have a moderate sized lego collection that I need to sell.  Over the space of about 18months I accumulated quite a collection of bricks, but sadly circumstances prevent me from storing such a large amount.  I would say it amounts an investment of over £1000.  Selling it brick by brick isn't an option (I would go insane).  

What is the best way to sell a collection like this and get a good price for it?  I do realise I'm not going to get anything near retail, but I don't want to take it to a flea market and get pennies.

It's all loose bricks, no sets or minifigs.  

I would suggest breaking it down it to lots and selling by weight on ebay, plus there are lots of groups on Facebook in the UK for selling bulk Lego, have a look around to see what sort of prices people are getting, it's quite possible you may find someone to buy the whole lot in one go, I've seen a lot of large sales on Facebook recently.

Agreed with LucyCol- breaking it down into smaller lots by weight and selling a bunch of those at a somewhat higher price per lg/kg will probably net you the most cash if you aren't going piece-by-piece.  You might also consider, depending on what affect it will have on your sanity, doing a very rough sort and selling different lots of technic brick, plates, windscreens - that kind of thing.  That can also result in a higher return while still being pretty quick and easy.

Depending on what you have, it might also be worth sorting by colour / pallette. Some people (castle builders) will pay a premium for lots that are greys, tans, browns, etc.

Sell it in bulk by color. Charge more for lime, orange and greys. Good luck :)