Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB3] Big Cat Observation post

Type: Small Educational

It was a sunny day on Cascadia, as Count Mesabi, and Darby Tyler walked along the path with their guide. 

36545615033_617bd59915_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"And here we have the Big Cat observation post. I'm not sure where Major Allcock is, but I'm sure we can find him." Said their guide, Dexter Kip. 

"Let's not. He's still mad at me for the whole, well, let's not get into it." Said Count Mesabi

37185507112_c9f155c994_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"We're so glad to have visitors! And your donation of Eslandolan rum, furniture, and carpets will do much to further our scientific causes." Said Dexter

"I'm still not sure where the marines got that stuff." Said Darby

37214943741_914242333a_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the jungle air! Maybe we'll see a tiger! Did you know tiger's are native to Mokolei? Fascinating!" Said Count Mesabi

The three tromped over the bridge towards the observation post. Fish hung as bait from the wood and stone structure.

36960785240_c7c28ea136_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"You talk to the man out here, Darby. You're both holding books, so you must have something in common." Said Count Mesabi, "We're going to watch for tigers and talk finances."

"You made me bring the book!" Said Darby. Nevertheless, he waited outside.

37214943691_6f23163dbf_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"You are man of Science? No?" Asked the Royal Pioneer.

"Well, uh, I'm an accountant. So Arithmetic I guess?" Said Darby

"I am Dmitri. I observe Cats. Birds. Living things. Science." Said Dmitri

36545615133_1ba1f27509_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"That's very Corrish of you." Said Darby

"I am Not Corrish, am from Varcoast. Not all Science types Corrish. Not all Money types Eslans." Said Dmitri

"How'd you end up here?" Asked Darby

36545615153_49483060ca_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"Am explorer. But Dmitri explored enough of Cascadia. You going on adventure? No? Take Dmitri with." Said Dmitri

"Well, I'd have to ask the count..."

"No. Dmitri come with." 

Meanwhile, Count Mesabi and Dexter talked.

37358060165_60456050ce_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

"Listen, uh I was pretty drunk when I signed up for this  Royal Society of Natural Philosophy thing. So is there any chance...." Count Mesabi was cut off.

"Fee is non refundable." Said Dexter

"Well then I am glad to be a member." Said the count.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my latest build! I bought This for the parts, and decided to make a build with it, after seeing @Bregir's fantastic rope bridge build. The build is supposed to be an old Native building built over by the Royal pioneers. I don't have any big cats, so I couldn't include any, unfortunately. C&C appreciated!

Spoiler

36545615143_e973141b6f_z.jpgCamp Isaac by North White, on Flickr

Edited by Mesabi

I like the rope bridge. Fun story as usual. Fascinating personage, this Dmitri, maybe he has also a friend named Victor.:wink:

The build turned out quite nice, and I already gave you some feed back on flickr so I won't go into that here! That suspension bridge is a nice set from TLG!

It is however rather presumptuous for Count Mesabi to presume he is a fellow of the Society! The requirements to be considered for membership are quite clear in the RSNP thread - the committee will discuss membership and reply shortly.

Colonel Allcock is somewhere in the vicinity, having just departed Myzectlan. Count Mesabi needs not avoid him, as Allcock bears the Count no ill will, but does cast a wary eye on some of his less reputable activities!

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

It is however rather presumptuous for Count Mesabi to presume he is a fellow of the Society! The requirements to be considered for membership are quite clear in the RSNP thread - the committee will discuss membership and reply shortly.

Sorry! I messed up and read the page wrong. I haven't rewrote it yet, but It should say that the application fee is nonrefundable, and that Count Mesabi is happy to be considered. My Bad!

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Colonel Allcock is somewhere in the vicinity, having just departed Myzectlan. Count Mesabi needs not avoid him, as Allcock bears the Count no ill will, but does cast a wary eye on some of his less reputable activities!

Hang 'im high !!! :devil:

Nice take on the ropewalk, Mesabi, and fairly good landscaping with your limited available bricks.

As always, I enjoy your stories and how you pose your figures to illustrate them. I do, however, fear that he has been duped by someone - The Royal Society has never levied nor recieved any fees from Count Mesabi... ;)

Nice rope bridge, and a good addition to the builds studying the cat culture. The leaves and vines do a lot for the landscaping for such a small piece count. Well done. :thumbup:

On 9/21/2017 at 1:54 AM, Bodi said:

I like the rope bridge. Fun story as usual. Fascinating personage, this Dmitri, maybe he has also a friend named Victor.:wink:

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by the Victor remark. Is he one of your characters? I don't remember him.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:39 PM, Ayrlego said:

The build turned out quite nice, and I already gave you some feed back on flickr so I won't go into that here! That suspension bridge is a nice set from TLG!

Thank you for the feedback! I tried to follow it with the build. As for Allcock bearing the count no ill will, I might have to change that... :devil:

On 9/23/2017 at 1:30 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing diorama ...the bridge in tan color is a great idea! :thumbup:

Thanks! Stole the idea from lego's ninjago bridge set.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:34 AM, Bregir said:

Nice take on the ropewalk, Mesabi, and fairly good landscaping with your limited available bricks.

As always, I enjoy your stories and how you pose your figures to illustrate them. I do, however, fear that he has been duped by someone - The Royal Society has never levied nor recieved any fees from Count Mesabi... ;)

Thanks Bregir! And the Check is in the mail!

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Nice rope bridge, and a good addition to the builds studying the cat culture. The leaves and vines do a lot for the landscaping for such a small piece count. Well done. :thumbup:

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by the Victor remark. Is he one of your characters? I don't remember him.

Dmitri Petrenko and Victor Reznov, Call of duty 5.:pir-grin: