Hey everyone,

Image result for mad max claw car + Image result for yellow chopped hot rod + Image result for half track

^^ That's basically my TC12 entry. A yellow chopped hot rod with tracks and giant claws in the back.

Features:

• Huge crushing claws in the back to use on racers who get too close
  • small missiles that shoot from the claws
  • Tracks in the back from 42069
  • Track-wrapped wheels in the front
  • a huge V8 from 42050, with added flame-spitting exhaust pipes
  • HoG steering

So hopefully that shows how it got it's name.

The model isn't finished. I have placeholders right now for the claws, which will be these pieces:

44813.png

I have to order the pieces for the sides of the body. The side that is yellow will be changed, and the side that is red will be changed to yellow. The chassis is not yet symmetrical, due to changes during the building process. Now for the pictures, so you can see everything I'm talking about. :classic:

800x450.jpg

Sorry for bad quality, there was bad lighting in the room so I turned to my go-to filter to make the pics look better.

800x533.jpg

^^Here you can see the linkage for the crushing function.

800x600.jpg

Another reason I've made this as a WIP topic is to get feedback to help guide the completion of this model. So tell me what you think!

Thanks for reading, and have a great day! :wink:

12 minutes ago, M5Technic said:

I like the look! how will you be making the missiles?

Thanks! Look closely where the placeholders are, and you can see the flick missles.

I was waiting for your TC12 project, you always make something facilitating and with the combination of vehicles you chose, you will achieve that again.  

Here is my feedback, do not take any of this negatively.  

The front; awesome job, the engine detail is excellent.  The lights and grill is simple, but it looks good. 

The middle; eh, it could use some work, but it is not too terrible. 

The back; IMO needs some work.  I think that with the claws you want to use will be much better.  Just in front of the claws is empty, what about a secondary V8? More powwwa

Also, if you are really going for a combination of those 3 vehicles, I think you vehicle is too long.  The rear tracks could start closer to the back of the seats, then I think the length will look better.  

Nice job, looking forward to progress!!

Looks pretty good so far. Maybe change the tracks, so they look more those on the half-track, and move them forward a stud or two.

Are the red beams placeholders for other parts? Or will you be using those beams as the claws?

Thanks everyone!

16 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Are the red beams placeholders for other parts? Or will you be using those beams as the claws?

This :wink::

22 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I have placeholders right now for the claws, which will be these pieces:

44813.png

16 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Looks pretty good so far. Maybe change the tracks, so they look more those on the half-track, and move them forward a stud or two.

I will probably move them forward, and maybe change them.

20 hours ago, aminnich said:

Here is my feedback, do not take any of this negatively.

Of course not, I really appreciate feedback.

20 hours ago, aminnich said:

The middle; eh, it could use some work, but it is not too terrible. 

The back; IMO needs some work.  I think that with the claws you want to use will be much better.  Just in front of the claws is empty, what about a secondary V8? More powwwa

Also, if you are really going for a combination of those 3 vehicles, I think you vehicle is too long.  The rear tracks could start closer to the back of the seats, then I think the length will look better.  

Ok, I will work on the middle.

I am still not sure about what to do in front of the claws. I thought about a V8, but I also may just cover it with panels.

As I said, I will move the tracks forward.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Parts arrived!

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

I moved the tracks forward 2 studs, and added more to the claw mechanism. I added a plow I forgot I had made at the very beginning of the contest.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

What do you think? Plow or no plow?

I vote no plow, the grill is simple, but it looks really good with the lights you picked.   Moving the track up 2 studs help, but IMO it is still a little bit too long, but it is your creation.  I hope you still plan to do something with the dead space behind the seat and maybe beef up the main claw arms. 

BTW, your choice of claws was perfect :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

I wanted to see what you thought of this:

800x600.jpg

A big V10 engine and the grille aggressively angled forward.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, aminnich said:

Moving the track up 2 studs help, but IMO it is still a little bit too long, but it is your creation.  I hope you still plan to do something with the dead space behind the seat and maybe beef up the main claw arms. 

I modified the tracks a bit, making them not as tall and making the angle at the front steeper. And I added a roll bar behind the seats.

800x600.jpg

5 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

If you made it smaller, that would be better.

I may try this later, but for now, no plow.

Tracks look much better! And personally I like the old grill style, but it's your build. Both styles look great. Keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I wanted to see what you thought of this:

I like it, but I think the grille might be angled slightly too much...

Thanks everybody!

I think this is the last update!

800x600.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, aminnich said:

maybe beef up the main claw arms. 

I finally did this, and added another spike over the back of the differential, to fill in the space and add detail. (That gray thing attached to the body is just holding the claws up for display because they are so heavy.)

800x600.jpg

I changed the front lights a bit:

DSCF0721.JPG

Added spikes to the front rims, and slanted the windshield forward.

800x600.jpg