Professor Thaum

[SR - FB2 Sep 17] Frigate Andromeda (LDD trailer + brick built)

The parts are already here

Let's built !

o317.png

vyn3.png

more pics when it will be brickbuilt of course..

This is just a trailer

the only question for me is between class 6 or 7

Edited by Professor Thaum

Nice Thaum! can't wait to see it in brick form. These pictures can't really do it justice.

Ouch ! This will be a heavy one ! :pir-laugh:

Hope I will not cruise its way ! I will look forward to see it finished. Enjoy your assembling ! :grin:

Interesting idea for the headrails! But I must say, I feel like the colourscheme is to white for me; and having a tumblehome would probably greatly enhance the looks - currently you have a fairly flat side with just a couple cutouts in it. Glad that you took a fairly realistic approach about the cabin! I like the fighting tops too, but I would prefer stepped masts; though these work too. For the sail in the back - look at Bodis latest Frigate; actually look at those masts in general, I think they are as good as you can get with partial prefab masts. 

5 hours ago, Legostone said:

Interesting idea for the headrails! But I must say, I feel like the colourscheme is to white for me; and having a tumblehome would probably greatly enhance the looks

The colour scheme will be explained of course . For the tumblehome, there's a problem : all my MOCs must be 8-year-old-son-proof it is mandatory... so some details aren't easy to juggle... this boat will be rather indestructible than very cute... I have enough pieces for a tumblehome, but it is far more frail with it than without... I can add more cutouts if it seems more suitale.

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

The colour scheme will be explained of course . For the tumblehome, there's a problem : all my MOCs must be 8-year-old-son-proof it is mandatory... so some details aren't easy to juggle... this boat will be rather indestructible than very cute... I have enough pieces for a tumblehome, but it is far more frail with it than without... I can add more cutouts if it seems more suitale.

If you use the 2x2x3 slopes it might work. Should get rid of the flat wall effect while still being solid. You could even consider making the removable parts include the walls to keep the interior space. 

II think I don't have enough 2x2x3 slopes, but I will think about it, and if it is better, I will order some, but thanks for the idea, I didn't think about this solution

I'm interested to see how this ship comes together. Masts and yards look good. Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

II think I don't have enough 2x2x3 slopes, but I will think about it, and if it is better, I will order some, but thanks for the idea, I didn't think about this solution

I use the 2x2x3 slopes in most of my ships. They're VERY solid (the main reason I use them), and even just one row of them does a lot for the appearance.

39 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Ok, I will order some :wink:

Actually, I misspoke: I use mainly 2x2x2 (not 2x2x3) slopes, but either size works well to create the effect.

The pics of the stern cabin.

uppi.jpeg

1q4g.jpeg

b7u7.jpeg

wjar.jpeg

and the figurehead :

0ah8.jpeg

the stern, including two stern chaser.

mtg0.jpeg

xvjf.jpeg

WORKS STILL IN PROGRESS

1 hour ago, Spud The Viking said:

A very elegant ship in white and gold!

This!  She's really turning out nicely, and that cabin interior is very nicely done!  Looking forward to more! :excited:

Looking good Thuam! Can't wait to see the end result!

Just a pic to have some idea of the size of the upcoming frigate :

Here, compared to a SHIP (more than 100 stud long - near 1,20 m - the table is a square with side 1,40 m) an arctic supply icebreaker I made two years ago for my youngest son ( he is fond of Lego Arctic, but he found the official boat a little bit to small, so he asked me about a more important one, with a crane, a real port crane )

hsvm.jpg

the last pics, the Andromede is ready to sail...

Just to finish the shrouds

finished without any rigging :

1te9.jpg

some sails but still no rigging

w3sw.jpg

two anchors :

0cv7.jpg

xtpb.jpg

the main deck :

v2f4.jpg

n0cv.jpg

opening to the gun deck

kyrl.jpg

bridge

lrhr.jpg

fully openable (gun deck, holds)

rp3u.jpg

ic4i.jpg

8vzm.jpg

full sails and full rigging coming soon.

On 13/10/2017 at 5:08 PM, Mesabi said:

Looking good Thuam! Can't wait to see the end result!

We have a good idea now.

On 21/09/2017 at 8:40 AM, Bodi said:

That looks massive! I tend to say a large class 6, heavy frigate.

ready to be a Class 7

On 13/10/2017 at 1:33 PM, Garmadon said:

This!  She's really turning out nicely, and that cabin interior is very nicely done!  Looking forward to more! :excited:

Here you are ! Thanks for supporting.

On 13/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, SilentWolf said:

I am loving that captain's cabin and the overall color scheme. I look forward to more teasers of this cool ship. 

Thanks ! this version seems to be not far from the defintive one !

On 13/10/2017 at 12:20 PM, Spud The Viking said:

A very elegant ship in white and gold! Can't wait to see her finished.

Glad it please you... Just the shrouds and it's done

On 21/09/2017 at 6:00 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I'm interested to see how this ship comes together. Masts and yards look good. Looking forward to more! :thumbup:

On 20/09/2017 at 8:52 PM, Faladrin said:

Ouch ! This will be a heavy one ! :pir-laugh:

Hope I will not cruise its way ! I will look forward to see it finished. Enjoy your assembling ! :grin:

This time this is finished... the pics with the whole built comes with the next AMRCA

Amazing! I love how you did the subtle red and green line!

You did very well with the interior (all that tiling *huh* )

Good luck sailing this beauty!

Really nice build, I like how you've sectioned the decks to be removed - I always try to do this when building! The only problem I can see is that it would be a pain to keep that white clean :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Spud The Viking