Bodi

[OL-FB-Class2] Jacinthe - Gunboat

A fast and maneuvrable cutter, initially built to transport and extract agents from hostile or occupied territories. She's been transferred recently to the colonial squad based to Eltina and rebaptised Jacinthe. She has a large gun (18pounder or 24 pounder) on the bow and two smaller guns amidship. Very well armed for a boat of her tonnage, this disposition means her crew should stick to the tactic of hit and run, to maximize her advantage and try to avoid to board ennemy ships.

Here are the stats:

Class 2

Cost 120

Range 3

Maneuver 4

Firepower 2

Crew 1

Cargo 0

Hull 2

15059022831_DISPLAY.jpg

15059022832_DISPLAY.jpg

C&C are welcome.

Vive le Roi!

Edited by Bodi

A well done brick-built hull, but it is her name that has my attention. Did it by chance come from the book Peacekeeper by Laura E. Reeve? Lieutenant Colonel Jacinthe Voyage?

I'm loving the brickbuilt hull. The sails really bring her to life though. The deck swivel guns are nice as well. I disagree about her firepower stat, however. I still agree with the "Four cannons= 1 Firepower" rule, and I think a stat of 3 on the firepower is a little too much. I mean, it's got roughly the same armaments as my WTC Aurora, which I rated a 1 for firepower. Maybe it's just a personal disagreement between our understanding of the firepower stat, but that's just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

I disagree about her firepower stat, however. I still agree with the "Four cannons= 1 Firepower" rule, and I think a stat of 3 on the firepower is a little too much. ...  Maybe it's just a personal disagreement between our understanding of the firepower stat, but that's just my two cents.

Officially, the "Four cannons= 1 Firepower" rule is no more, but I agree I still like to use it in my builds. Another situation where the ship stats don't quite make sense in real life is Crew=0 (i.e., no more than approximately 5 men total) and the ability to fire the guns and sail the ship at the same time. But these are allowed by the rules, and as such is good use of ability to customize our ships with the new rules.

As for the build, it's a lovely ship! Really nice lines, both in the hull and the sails. That blue stripe on the hull is a nice detail. I've got to try a brick-built hull like that sometime. Excellent ship! :thumbup:

9 hours ago, gedren_y said:

A well done brick-built hull, but it is her name that has my attention. Did it by chance come from the book Peacekeeper by Laura E. Reeve? Lieutenant Colonel Jacinthe Voyage?

Thank you gedren, glad you like the boat, alas I haven't had the chance to read the book you mentioned, jacinthe (jacinth in English) refers to her reddish hull.

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

nice ship

the hull is very well thought

Thank you Thaum! 

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I'm loving the brickbuilt hull. The sails really bring her to life though. The deck swivel guns are nice as well. I disagree about her firepower stat, however. I still agree with the "Four cannons= 1 Firepower" rule, and I think a stat of 3 on the firepower is a little too much. I mean, it's got roughly the same armaments as my WTC Aurora, which I rated a 1 for firepower. Maybe it's just a personal disagreement between our understanding of the firepower stat, but that's just my two cents.

I totally disagree here.:laugh: If I follow your raisonning, my 60-gun ship should have a stat of 15 points for firepower.:tongue:

No, seriously, you are right, 3 firepower and 0 crew, it's a bit abusive, no good to play with the rules, so 2 firepower and 1 crew should be more appropriate.

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Officially, the "Four cannons= 1 Firepower" rule is no more, but I agree I still like to use it in my builds. Another situation where the ship stats don't quite make sense in real life is Crew=0 (i.e., no more than approximately 5 men total) and the ability to fire the guns and sail the ship at the same time. But these are allowed by the rules, and as such is good use of ability to customize our ships with the new rules.

As for the build, it's a lovely ship! Really nice lines, both in the hull and the sails. That blue stripe on the hull is a nice detail. I've got to try a brick-built hull like that sometime. Excellent ship! :thumbup:

Thank you capt Wolf! Glad you like it. 

4 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I love that hull - it's beautiful! A nice little ship all round!

Glad you like it Ayrlego. The hull has costed a lot of bricks and it's the main part of the built, which took most of building time.:pir-grin:

Edited by Bodi

While your brick-built hull is impressive, it looks as though it would be difficult to fire over such a high sweeping bow, even with your extemporized gun carriage there. Allow me to suggest a bit of a redesign by way of moving the mast forward and employing a traversing gun carriage amidships a-la Friends Good Will. 

5 hours ago, kurigan said:

While your brick-built hull is impressive, it looks as though it would be difficult to fire over such a high sweeping bow, even with your extemporized gun carriage there. Allow me to suggest a bit of a redesign by way of moving the mast forward and employing a traversing gun carriage amidships a-la Friends Good Will. 

Good point Kurigan! I'll try to follow your advices.

Yum yum, great brickbuilt ship! I just love it! The only thing I would change is the bowsprit (I would have placed it a brick lower for realistic reasons). Other than that, go Oleon go!!! Something tells me that this ship is going to be needed for another extraction or two... The King needs us!