notsherwin

Thoughts on The Last Jedi Sets

I like the look of the AT-M6 but I am obsessed with the walkers. I've seen a few concept arts from TLJ and heard rumors that the AT-M6 dwarfs the AT-AT, yet the Lego versions are very similar in size which is a down-side. But I'm still going to buy it... to add to the collection

3 hours ago, brobert said:

Well, the display value of the Destroyer is questionable, with that flat bottom...on the other hand at least it doesn't need a stand. I am actually quite glad that I don't like most of this wave's sets,(even more glad is my fiancee :D) because I'm starting to outgrow my apartment with LEGO :cry_happy: But the bomber will fit for sure once a bigger discount is available :devil:

By that reasoning the UCS Super Star Destroyer's display value is questionable, lol.

5 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The TIE is the only interesting set in my opinion. I don't get this love for the bomber, it just looks plain and boring to me and the colour scheme is that weird grey and blue from the X-Wings.

I'll pick up the TIE and BB-8 when they're on sale. Maybe the AT-M6 if it's awesome in the movie.

People like the bomber because it looks different, and the blue accent on it actually makes it look great in my opinion. The play feature is also interesting as the bomb is dropped from the top of the ship to the bottom, then released. The fact that it stands the way it does also looks cool as one would think it is very back heavy.

1 hour ago, notsherwin said:

People like the bomber because it looks different, and the blue accent on it actually makes it look great in my opinion. The play feature is also interesting as the bomb is dropped from the top of the ship to the bottom, then released. The fact that it stands the way it does also looks cool as one would think it is very back heavy.

Fair enough, I would rebut that the bomber actually looks different, I think it evokes the look of the Medical Frigate from episode V in much the same way the TIE evokes the Interceptor

1 hour ago, notsherwin said:

Fair enough, I would rebut that the bomber actually looks different, I think it evokes the look of the Medical Frigate from episode V in much the same way the TIE evokes the Interceptor

On 9/22/2017 at 9:25 AM, Whovastron said:

Interesting comparison, I haven't thought about that, but, there hasn't been an official Medical Frigate in Lego form.

16 hours ago, notsherwin said:

Interesting comparison, I haven't thought about that, but, there hasn't been an official Medical Frigate in Lego form.

It's a pretty obvious one really. I am actually happy there hasn't been a Nebulon-B in Lego form yet, it would disappoint (much like Han Solo as a father). Especially after Mortesv's Nebulon-B...

Generally speaking, If the source material isn't awefull the price usually is.

I really like the bomber's design, but I personally really dislike the gray, straight blue with accent of red color scheme; the other thing bothering me are the two small horizontal wings, they really pop out because of their lack of detail. But overall it's the best set, a lot of place to stuff mini-figs, good display and no mini-figs repeat. But that price, damn!

Everything else goes from ''it's fine I guess'' to meh for me. 

Does anyone else find that the new sets and designs are ugly?  Looking right at you, new AT-ST horse-walker.

I will say that these sets haven't had the benefit of multiple revisions like the main Star Wars line has.   How many Y-Wings have we had, 5?  6?  It took until now to get the definitive product.

The TFA X-Wings don't count as much as they were better than the regular X-Wing thanks to finally getting a purpose-moulded canopy piece.  Much better than the big blocky Y-Wing canopy.

I will say, the only two sets that don't appear ugly to me are the TIE Silencer and the Star Destroyer.  And talking about pricing, that AT-M6 is significantly higher than it should be, by $50 or so!

Heaven forbid a military group have ships that color match. Oh, and that bomber was the most satisfying build I've had since Poe's X-Wing. The TIE was ok, but it's still just another TIE. My guess is that you're a First Order loyalist who misses the good old days when the Emperor was still in power. 

;) 

On 9/22/2017 at 2:48 AM, Whovastron said:

The TIE is the only interesting set in my opinion. I don't get this love for the bomber, it just looks plain and boring to me and the colour scheme is that weird grey and blue from the X-Wings.

I'll pick up the TIE and BB-8 when they're on sale. Maybe the AT-M6 if it's awesome in the movie.

On 9/22/2017 at 3:18 AM, Nat said:

All you guys are talking about is the pricing which is a boring AF topic.

Well the pricing is what is putting a lot of people off from buying these sets.But for me it`s the inconsistent standard as well, the sets go from the awesome, but expensive  TIE Silencer to the useless over-priced 2/3 of an AT-ST and you just get the feeling that Lego and Disney are taking the mickey (pun intended).

Also I personally had to watch the actual Last Jedi movie in two sittings..I really didn`t get on with it at all.So I don`t feel much emotional attachment to any of these products, especially at these rip off prices .As  AFOLs,  most people reading this will have their favorite, nostalgic Star Wars period ,I love the 1977 on wards original trilogy, Rogue One and the Clone Wars TV series, others love the prequels, so that`s what they collect!.So I`ll stick with the older stuff for now and hope that Lego realizes the folly of putting out inconsistent sets like these at eye watering prices...although I may have a long wait.

Kenny