Brickwolf

The Metroliner rebuild

c499qld5.jpg

9s8pb4sf.jpg What´s this scrap in the gondola?

hxwbpsfz.jpg This isn´t scrap. These are metroliner parts, we are going to rebuild a classic.

tjd4yzdy.jpg

9s8pb4sf.jpg What happened to you?

ds6ywln9.jpg For the maiden voyage of the rebuild Metroliner, we decided to dress in period appropriate clothing.

9s8pb4sf.jpg You really did rebuild this old train!

cn3dq2u7.jpg Yes we did. Like I said earlier, it is a classic!

ds6ywln9.jpg It has the bar, for the maiden voyage drinks are free.

9s8pb4sf.jpg At least something good came out of this project.

OOC: Recently I got some Metroliner parts: Windows, doors, the front end and the wagon baseplate. I decided to rebuilt a Metroliner car.  I dug into my collection for old greenish gray parts. This is the  result. Due to parts constraints, it is not 100% according to the instruction, but I am quite happy to own a classic!

Spoiler

5859bdv2.jpg

Edited by Brickwolf

Nice presentention, it is a great set, a big classic I don't have it yet but will buy it some day, but I have 2 Club Cars and I love design and colors of it. Classics rules :tongue:

Good job OP - looks pretty accurate to me :)

This set is easily my favourite 9v train - an all time classic. I was lucky enough to finally pick one up a couple of months ago and I'm currently gathering parts for 2 extra "standard" carriages for it.

I'd love a couple of club cars but they are now just ridiculously expensive. 

It looks really nice Brickwulf. I also like your plain and simple open car concept b.t.w. Now only some finishing touches. I might follow your example. I have the heads/cockpits somewhere in one of my train parts containers so thats a start.

Nicely done BrickWolf! I am lucky enough to own the re-release of the Metroliner & Club Car, and you did quite well getting the feel of the engine - only thing I see missing is the pantograph.  I built another standard car that only lacks the light grey trainbase - instead I used what I had available, dark grey.  It looks good but is noticeably different to discerning onlookers.  Eventually I may acquire the light grey to swap it in!  Enjoy your new Metroliner!

Looks good, I picked one up a few years ago before the prides rose to high, this version looks great well done 

On 19.9.2017 at 8:27 PM, Brickwolf said:

old greenish gray parts.

Was this supposed to be a joke?

13 hours ago, 3797 said:

Was this supposed to be a joke?

Well, the new ones are bluish and the the old ones are greenish, that is a fact, but might also do as a joke don't you think?!

On 19.9.2017 at 10:47 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

...and you're right! :thumbup:

On 20.9.2017 at 12:01 AM, dr_spock said:

Good presentation.  :classic:

On 20.9.2017 at 12:52 AM, BrunoSilva13 said:

Nice presentention, it is a great set, a big classic I don't have it yet but will buy it some day, but I have 2 Club Cars and I love design and colors of it. Classics rules :tongue:

On 20.9.2017 at 7:00 AM, ElectroDiva said:

Good job OP - looks pretty accurate to me :)

On 20.9.2017 at 9:33 PM, kieran said:

Looks good, I picked one up a few years ago before the prides rose to high, this version looks great well done 

On 20.9.2017 at 5:52 PM, weeble1688 said:

Nicely done BrickWolf! I am lucky enough to own the re-release of the Metroliner & Club Car, and you did quite well getting the feel of the engine - only thing I see missing is the pantograph.  I built another standard car that only lacks the light grey trainbase - instead I used what I had available, dark grey.  It looks good but is noticeably different to discerning onlookers.  Eventually I may acquire the light grey to swap it in!  Enjoy your new Metroliner!

Thank you all for your kind words.

On 20.9.2017 at 2:01 PM, JopieK said:

It looks really nice Brickwulf. I also like your plain and simple open car concept b.t.w. Now only some finishing touches. I might follow your example. I have the heads/cockpits somewhere in one of my train parts containers so thats a start.

Thank you! The gondola can be found here.

The original 4558 had mostly 4093c with 6 holes each end, but some shipped with 4093a that had 3 holes per end. The re-release 10001 is listed as only having 3 holes per end. Looking at the release dates for the various 6x28 train baseplates, the 10+10 holes was 1980-87, strictly black. The 6+6 holes was 1991, strictly light gray, and the 3+3 holes was 1991-2009 in 6 colors.

3 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

The original 4558 had mostly 4093c with 6 holes each end, but some shipped with 4093a that had 3 holes per end. The re-release 10001 is listed as only having 3 holes per end. Looking at the release dates for the various 6x28 train baseplates, the 10+10 holes was 1980-87, strictly black. The 6+6 holes was 1991, strictly light gray, and the 3+3 holes was 1991-2009 in 6 colors.

Ok great thank you!