Sign in to follow this  
MegaRoi

[TC12] Uno's Car or His Fortressness

It's amazing how much the propeller adds to the wackiness - without that, it would just look like a odd-shaped car, but with it, it actually looks like a plane on wheels!

As for the video, it's okay, but it would be better if the camera was a bit higher...

4 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Its looking "Wacky"

:devil::devil::devil: Thank you for that :blush::sweet:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Cool. :thumbup: Now the next step is to see propeller in barrel :laugh:

Stay tuned ...

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

It's amazing how much the propeller adds to the wackiness - without that, it would just look like a odd-shaped car, but with it, it actually looks like a plane on wheels!

That was the target. Thank you for the nice comment.

For those who are addicted to thrashy videos, here is another one:

After I showed you the first weapon - which should be a mine layer, while the "mines" are the red bricks in the background- the second weapon should deploy oil leaks, which should be simulated by black 3x3 system brick tiles. The magazine has a capacity of only two shots.

It's getting more and more clear, that I have to finish my entry till the end of the week!

• i have to test all of the planed components combined together 
  • need a description of the model and it's functions
  • make a video!
  • try to make nice photos ....

That's a lot of stuff to do, and it really feels like a race to me ...

Edited by MegaRoi

At least it is cleaner with tiles than with oil...:laugh:

Edited by I_Igor

So, where have stopped last time ... lower part was ready, same with all weapons. Cockpit was also done, also the rudders. So what's left?

Since it should be a plane on wheels, it need wings:
Tc12063.jpeg

The wings will be the base of the upper part, so the lower and upper part can be easily detached, to get access to the BB.
Tc12064.jpeg

More views:
Tc12065.jpeg

Tc12066.jpeg

Tc12067.jpeg

Today I bought my color expansion set for this contest: 42066 Air Race Jet. Tonight I will check if can use some parts in new colors or not. Then the color scheme has to be final.
For the weekend I asked a friend if we can create a video with his camera, I hope that will work.

1 hour ago, Frequenzberater said:

This looks really great. Cant wait to see the final model. 

Thank you, quite nice. I hope I will finish the model until end of the week.

On 9/30/2017 at 12:14 PM, MegaRoi said:

Tc12048.jpeg

Sorry I am a little behind on this great build, but question, will the large gap in between the chassis and let's call it the panda area be closed off? Also, I think if the wings add to the wackiness, short little stubby wings for such a fat plane (kinda) machine. 

I like it! 

2 hours ago, aminnich said:

Sorry I am a little behind on this great build, but question, will the large gap in between the chassis and let's call it the panda area be closed off? Also, I think if the wings add to the wackiness, short little stubby wings for such a fat plane (kinda) machine. 

I like it! 

Thanks for that.

This is still a WIP, but almost done. In the pictures you can see, that there is missing a system brick here and there. Also I'm still not absolutely sure about the color scheme. I builded it in different colors, but this combination is the only one where I have the needed parts. Until yesterday, 42066 arrived and I'm checking where I can modify the colors.

I'm pretty confident I will finish the model this weekend.

The great gap will be closed somehow.

On 1. Oktober 2017 at 1:39 PM, ColletArrow said:

How does the panda get into his/her cockpit though?

Tc12070.jpeg

He's using the ladder :wink:

2 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

That's better, it adds a touch of realism (as if it makes much difference here! :laugh:)

... a touch of realism ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back in topic ...

Yesterday I found the time to check my final color scheme and it looks quite strange to me, so I'll leave it as it is. I also added a view details, but still no stickers. I still have no idea how to make them, as they should look good on shiny plastic.

Today I have to create - and hopefully finish - my entry video. Time to play around a little with the video cutter program.

And this is how it turned out

I hate trailers! :devil:

Edited by MegaRoi

Yep, you're right, this Yoda speech isn't the best idea ... so I changed it. Anyway, it's still a touch too much for my taste.

Too drawn out, needs to be quicker in the beginning.  If this build did not interest me, I would have ended the video early 

something big is coming soon ...I hope soon enough for TC 12 content :wink:

Sorry for being absent the last few days, I had to make a spontaneous holiday trip.

Wow, this topic is really abandoned, time for coming back!
I have good and bad news about my entry. First, it is done. 
But, I'm still working on the final photos and the text. And the video. Man, that's really a pain in my megablocks! While I think the photos are quite okay meanwhile - for the first time - the video is something different, while it's also my first try to create something like this.
But I hope I can finish it today, so I will enter tomorrow!

Meanwhile I want to show you one more photo. Not a final, but nice one.
X03.jpeg

I really really hate teasers! :devil:

On 10. Oktober 2017 at 2:42 PM, I_Igor said:

I hope soon enough for TC 12 content :wink:

Yep!

Edited by MegaRoi
foto - photo

17 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

Meanwhile I want to show you one more foto. Not a final, but nice one.

So that's how you're doing the round propeller cover - with beams! That should look very good... :sweet:

Edited by mocbuild101

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

So that's how you're doing the round propeller cover - with beams! That should look very good... :sweet:

(by the way, it's photo, not foto)

Thank you for your answer. And like I said, I cheated. This was the first time I was building this way. And it was an experience to make it that big!

Update:

I have almost finished my text and the final photos are made. Also some video snippets, now it's time to cut it together.

Uno's Car: His Fortressness

Since he was a young panda, Uno's destiny was to become the most fearless, fast and famous Wacky Wheels Race Driver of all time. He wants to be on top!
The beginning of his career is well known, since you can choose him in the start screen of the original Wacky Wheels game (quite simple, same with the game graphics).
But during the races he wasn't too fast.
So he changed his cart in later games - as you can see by the different colors - but still wasn't fast enough to really catch the lead in the race.

Then Uno decided to build his own Race Cart! 
Main concept:
- 42048 inspired chassis and wheels
- HUGE!
- POWERFULL!
- WEAPONS!
- MORE WEAPONS!
- And again a new color combination

So he came out with a Windtunnel Concept, inspired by the Stipa Caproni Aircraft, which had the correct amount of "Wackyness" to give him the correct advantage over his opponents in a Wacky Wheels Race. "His Fortressness" is not generating a Slipstream, it's blowing the opponents behind it away with it's huge front propeller. Even in corners, where the air blow will be guided by the double rudder. 
The vehicle is propulsed by two BigBlock V4 engines, which makes it quite fast and while it's rear wheel steered, it's very maneuverable. On the rear wheels are also wheel cutters, to prevent being overtaken.
Tc12101.jpeg
RC functions:
- front wheel drive, 1x L motor
- same motor turns the front propeller
- same motor turns 2 fake V4 engines by chain drive on front axle
- rear wheel steering, 1x servo motor
- same motor is turning the dual rudder
- 1. weapon, bomb layer, 1x M motor, 3 shots
- 2. weapon, oil layer, 1x M motor, 3 shots
- 3. weapon: double machine gun, 1x L motor, 2x5=10 shots
- 4. weapon: double booster, 1x L motor
Tc12102.jpeg
Manual functions:
- On/Off switch on front
- laser shots, LEGO, 2 shots
- LEGO Duplo Panda removable
- shovel, broom and tools removable
Tc12103.jpeg

And the video:

And the link to the entry topic:
Edited by MegaRoi

Awesome!

Not a fan of guns etc but I do like the machine guns and how they operate:thumbup:  And did I see the second EMP hit the fuselage  :laugh:

This contest really felt like a race to me. Having my car in the grid doesn't meant that the work was done. You have seen mostly detail photos, but only a few of the complete model. I was really busy at the end to get my video completed and published. Direct after the upload I jumped into my car and was away from an Internet connection for the last days.

Thos contest is almost over, but I still have more photos:

Tc12080.jpeg

Tc12081.jpeg

Tc12082.jpeg

Tc12083.jpeg

Tc12084.jpeg

Tc12085.jpeg

Tc12086.jpeg

Good luck to all contestants and thanks to all voters.

It is a great race!

On 15. Oktober 2017 at 4:27 PM, MangaNOID said:

Awesome!

Not a fan of guns etc but I do like the machine guns and how they operate:thumbup:  And did I see the second EMP hit the fuselage  :laugh:

Thank you.

Yes, I saw that too, but it was too late. :sweet:

This contest is over and I made it to the third place!

Thanks to all who voted for my MOC, thank you for bringing me to the podium. I'm very proud of my bronze medal and my new tags! Thanks to EB and specially to Jim and Milan for this great contest. I have to say again: Wow, what a thrilling race!

Since I haven't posted much, after my entry was done, I think it's time to bring this to an end.

I want to start with a list of the existing videos.
First, there are two trailers, only half a minute each.
Then there is the entry video, but I made a mistake, so it had a bad quality in the beginning. Here is my entry video with better quality.

And I found some time to create another video, more retrospective, only one and a half minutes ...

And some more photos ... again.
Tc12111.jpeg
A view to the left side, where you can see most of the panels. Well, from one side, there is a total amount of 82 panels, if I counted right.

Tc12112.jpeg
Another view to the rear, nothing new, okay pic.

Tc12113.jpeg
And a detailed cockpit view. Steering wheel with horn button, pedals for Pandas short legs, crosshair, side displays, mirrors and the guns.

And a last one:
Tc12114.jpeg

Robert