Sign in to follow this  
MegaRoi

[TC12] Uno's Car or His Fortressness

Uno's Car or His Fortressness

I think some members already found out, that, two weeks after the entry stop, I'm done ...
... so this is the current state of my TC12 entry:
800x603.jpg

But let's start at the beginning. This is my first time I'm entering an EB contest. I wanted to enter earlier, but neither my piece count nor my building abilities were good enough. I missed TC11, because I haven't had pneumatics at that time, and my TC12 idea turned out to be just bad.
As Jim announced that the new contest will have a Wacky Wheels theme, it was absolutely clear to me, that I have to enter, while I loved the game at it's time.
As it's a racing game with small carts, steered by animals, it was quite clear, that I will build something wacky in the size of 42048 Race Cart. And it should be a plane!

Planed features:
- full RC, 6 motors, 3 IR, normal BB
- double front wheel drive by single L motor
- rear wheel steering by servo
- simple chassis, no suspension
- wacky main function: Slipstream Avoidance Design, Main Blower Function
   - double Machine Gun, 10 shots
   - Bomb layer, 3 shots
   - Oil layer, 2 shots
   - double Turbo Booster
   - all by RC
- 2x EMP Missiles
- wacky, but fast look

My first idea was to build something like this on wheels:
i0.png
But it turned out to be impossible for me to create the curves. So I came to a different layout, I will show you later.

The chassis is done:

TC12001.jpeg

As you can see, it's a simple chassis without suspension. While the length is only two studs longer than 42048, the wheelbase is somewhat different.

TC12002.jpeg

You can see, that there will be a chain drive to the fake engines.

TC12003.jpeg

From bottom.

TC12004.jpeg

And top ...

Hope you like it.

Robert

Edited by MegaRoi
Update

Hi,

some progress.

i installed the BB and finished the front fairing. The BB can be changed by loosening the four black 3L2PinBush.

TC12005.jpeg

TC12006.jpeg

From the underside you can see the bevel gear to drive the front propeller:

TC12007.jpeg

Assembled it will look like this:

TC12008.jpeg

No one has noticed the wide wheelbase on the steered axle.

Robert

Edited by MegaRoi

Oh, forgot to comment, it only seems like no one likes it, I do.

Edited by Aventador2004

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

it only seems like no one likes it

I like it, and would have commented too, but I didn't really have much to say except "Interesting..."

It looks interesting, but without more information I can't tell whether I should be exited or not. 

I really like the panel job though, nice clean surfaces - top notch!

On 21. September 2017 at 11:11 AM, Carsten Svendsen said:

It looks interesting, but without more information I can't tell whether I should be exited or not. 

I really like the panel job though, nice clean surfaces - top notch!

Thanks for that.

On 21. September 2017 at 7:09 AM, mocbuild101 said:

I like it, and would have commented too, but I didn't really have much to say except "Interesting..."

Yep, not much to say, not much to comment. Since it's an almost standard chassis (heavy modified 42048), so what?

I hope it will become more clear when you can see more progress.

Hi,

Sorry for not being active enough in this topic, but I'm absent from a good internet connection at the moment. But since there are almost three weeks left for this contest, I'm pretty shure I can give you enough updates over the next few days to generate more interest ;)

Back to topic and progress:
I stumbled upon a V8 fake engine I build a few months ago for a motorbike, which would look good on my model. I splitted it into two V4 and added some gears to simulate the drive to the cam shaft and more engine components.
So now it looks like a big bore V4! I like it.
Tc12009.jpeg
Tc12010.jpeg
Tc12011.jpeg
Two of them will be attached to the chassis left and right, and will be driven by chain from the front axle.
Tc12012.jpeg
I also installed a switch for the BB, so the power can be switched, away from the BB. Blocked by two L shaped beams, the BB can now only be switched on and off, instead of three positions as usual.
Tc12014.jpeg
The lower part of the model is getting more and more shape ...
Tc12013.jpeg
Robert
Edited by MegaRoi

6 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

a V8 fake engine...for a motorbike

*huh* That would be a very powerful motorbike! - In fact, it could have even been a wacky wheels entry! :laugh:

Edited by mocbuild101

11 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

*huh* ..I think you had already started making a wacky vehicle a few months ago!

Nope, I started a few days after Jim opened TC12 and the model is almost ready, but I just want to give you the states how I build the model.

Edited by MegaRoi

Since the lower part is getting shape, how will the whole model going to look like?

In the beginning I showed a picture of the Goblin plane, which was my first idea, but I was unable to generate a hull in Lego. 
Then I was looking for silly planes in history and I found the Stipa Caproni:
StipaCaproni.jpeg

Try to image this plane on wheels and you will get a hint to the finished model. But only if someone still wants to see it ...

21 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

Nope, I started a few days after Jim opened TC12 and the model is almost ready, but I just want to give you the states how I build the model.

That's completely not what I meant... I should have written it differently...

It's very clear that you started building after TC12 opened.

I have edited my post. It should be clearer now...

Edited by mocbuild101

I understood the good humour of what was meant by mocbuild101.

its all good MegaRoi we want to see this beast.

13 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

*huh* That would be a very powerful motorbike! - In fact, it could have even been a wacky wheels entry! :laugh:

Yep! 

Lazareth LM 847:

lm847.jpeg

That looks like a cool MOC to me! Maybe, maybe ...

19 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

Lazareth LM 847:

*oh2* What?!!?!? There's REAL motorbikes with V8 engines?!!! - now that IS crazy!

Edited by mocbuild101

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

*oh2* What?!!?!? There's a REAL motorbike with a V8?!!! - now that IS crazy!

Note: what I have written above is my actual reaction to seeing that photo...

Boss Hoss...

10_BossHoss_BHC3_502__N301738.jpg

tomahawk.jpg

Dodge Tomahawk -> V10 ;)

1 hour ago, TechnicSummse said:

Boss Hoss...

Dodge Tomahawk -> V10 ;)

There's more?! How come I've never heard of them before?

I'm still amazed that these exist, it's like the designers just kept saying 'more power!'... and didn't stop!

But anyway, back to topic...

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, MegaRoi said:

Try to image this plane on wheels and you will get a hint to the finished model.

That should look really good, but how are you going to make it round? Maybe tracks wrapped around a tire rim, or just some rims by themselves?

5 hours ago, TechnicSummse said:

Boss Hoss...

Dodge Tomahawk -> V10 ;)

I think this is the wrong topic to discuss about V8 or V10 motorbikes, but PLEASE start a new topic, I love bikes, have (I think) cool MOCs and now a camera. I posted the  LM847 to show where I got the V8 which was splitted into two V4 for my MOC.

Back to the fun part ...

... with some progress ...

Since it should be a plane, it needs a rudder. While this vehicle has front drive and rear steering, it was quite easy to use the Servo Motor signal direct over some gears. 

More Wackyness: This Thing has two parallel rudders! 
Tc12015.jpeg

Tc12016.jpeg
The rudder is driven by the half bevel gear from the servo, then using a 2L liftarm as lever and this black, I think the correct technical term is thing or piece (I've no idea how it's called), connect to one rudder, which is connected by 5L liftarm to the other rudder.
So this means, the front propeller will push out a heavy wind, which will blow against other race opponents behind, lead through two steered rudders. 
The black 4l L arm with the red 2l axle is only to control all the cables inside, no further function.
Tc12017.jpeg

Some more views:
800x600.jpg
I think I made also my choice about the wheels.800x600.jpg
You can see the wheel cutter on the rear axle.
800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Shape and color of the rudder isn't final.
800x600.jpg

That's it for the moment. I hope I can show you next time one of my interpretations of a Wacky Wheels function.

Robert

Edited by MegaRoi

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

That should look really good, but how are you going to make it round? Maybe tracks wrapped around a tire rim, or just some rims by themselves?

I would say my MOC is only inspired by it, so it won't be near the real thing. My color scheme will be completely different and is still not final. I have to choose the colors by the parts I have, so there are compromises all over the place.

Making it round? I have cheated ... :wink:

Good morning,

My pilot arrived.

Let me introduce you the fastest Panda of the world, never has been Worldchampion ... UUNNNOOOOOOoooo.....

:grin:

Uno1.jpeg

Lego Duplo, I found it on Amazon for two bucks ...

Uno2.jpeg

I lost the air intake on the right V4!

Have a nice day.

Edited by MegaRoi

Wow, time is running so fast! It's almost October and I'm still working on details and color of the lower part ...

Today I want to show you my first wacky function:
Tc12026.jpeg
The mechanics are quite simple: a M motor direct attached to a worm gear to reduce speed, turning a linkage which will push out some stuff each turn.
Tc12027.jpeg
The two 4l L shaped beams on the rear are the holder for the magazine, build by system bricks. This is the right module, it will spit out oil leaks. My first test was promising, but still needs to be improved, so no magazine for this at the moment.

The left module is just mirrored and will lay out mines, which should be the red bricks. The mine layer magazine has a capacity of three mines.
Tc12028.jpeg

And action:

Attached to the model it will look like this:
Tc12029.jpeg

Tc12030.jpeg

Tc12031.jpeg

Next milestone were the two receivers, needed to control the first four functions:
- drive
- steering
- minelayer
- oil spitter

Tc12032.jpeg

They will be installed on top of the weapon magazines, to have an acceptable IR connectivity.

Tc12033.jpeg

This means, now I have a Roller! :devil:
First video has to come.

I think next time I will be ready to show you my cockpit ... that's gonna be interesting.

Robert
Edited by MegaRoi

Hm Stipa Caproni on wheels and with very small wings (and with kung-fu panda) should be really wacky :wink:

Like your brick mine ejector video.
I had similar thoughts using Lego balls but no space available to mount it on my TC12 entry.

Okay, we almost have October, time to start with the upper part of the MOC.

Cockpit time:
First thing: more weapons! I builded a double machine gun, using the same mechanic as Sariel in his free T29 MOC, powered by one L motor.
Tc12034.jpeg

Left and right the two guns you see in the middle the two attachment points for the driver.
Tc12035.jpeg

Tc12036.jpeg

Who has ever tried to connect Duplo to Technic? 
Tc12037.jpeg

Tc12038.jpeg

Tc12039.jpeg

Cockpit done, crosshair installed.
Tc12040.jpeg

Tc12041.jpeg

Tc12042.jpeg

As I've mentioned earlier, this won't be near to realistic build, but since it should be something like plane, it needs some elevator and so on.
Tc12043.jpeg

Tc12044.jpeg

What do you think about this?
Tc12045.jpeg

Or that?
Tc12046.jpeg

Getting shape!
2 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Like your brick mine ejector video.

Thank you, lousy quality though. It should be operated like knob on the IR transmitter, not as a lever. So will have a better feeling for releasing the mine only at the right time.

Edited by MegaRoi