Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

Adventure MCRA Discussion

32015297974_e707898f6a_b.jpgBoBS Map February 617 by -Mike S-, on Flickr

With the advent of the Adventure MCRA, we really have some opportunities to open up the story of BoBS. So, before we all start filling out forms, and overwhelming the leadership, we should take a minute to talk about what we all want to do for the Adventure MCRA. Being secretive about it is going to get us nowhere, since we have to build MOCs throughout the adventure which would kinda reveal what's happening. 

So, what I plan to do, is to send the WTC Aurora around the south end of Rogan sea, possibly stopping in New Oleon to refuel, and explore. This might take several Adventure MCRAs, but that's the WTC's plans.

Thoughts anyone?

I am going to send a vessel South as well. More about this will be revealed the upcomming weeks weeks when I publish the background of my own ERA II Quest.

Great initiative, Mesabi - and remember you can join together in sending resources to each other's adventures for larger missions. So cooperation is definitely encouraged!

I am planning to go the far south as well. But that will take me multiple months.

As we don't know much about the regions we will pass, maybe we can sail together for a while, Count Mesabi? At least till my first stop in Tellvok, where I hope to find more information about an event 500 years ago?

The more vessels, the safer our trip.

If others want to join my/our trip, feel free!

Ps, don't forget this mention in the KPA a few months back:

NEW FOE TERRORIZES BRICK SEAS!

For years, Mokolei and her allied states have remained singularly focused on territorial struggles in Halos.  Not anymore.  Several Mokolei galleys armed to the teeth with cannons and hardened desert warriors have begun terrorizing the most innocent of ships they can find, small lightly-armed coastal craft.  Fortunately, their rowers are largely ignorant in their craft, allowing most targets to escape without harm.  One notable exception, the HMS Isandlwana was attacked by the Desert Prince under the command of Captain Ali. It is unknown if these attacks are the actions of rogue princes or if the Sultan is suffering the same illness that befell Eslandola’s king.  All that is certain is, beware the next time you see the ensign of the Scimitar and the Moon. 

Thanks for bringing that post to my attention Maxim, I some how missed it. This does however complicate things for my expedition. Also do we have any idea how big the nations of the world actually are in terms of size. Sure I'm able to compare the landmass of the Mokolei empire to that of Corrington or Eslandola but that still doesn't really give an accurate measure of how big it is.

You are welcome. It complicates stuff for me as well, hence my proposal to sail together when possible.

I mean, we don't know how hostile nations like Tellvok, Pan & Salleek are towards us. I see them as a sort of Middle Eastern nations with at least some of them comparable to the Barbary States.

About the size, I fear that's very difficult to say.

• Corrington measures a 1400x650 miles
  • Mardier measures a 900x500 miles
  • Torrach Bonn (an Eslandolan Island in the Sea of Storms) measures 150x150 miles.
  • The boundaries of the Mokolei Empire are not explored yet.

Maybe your first mission could be trading world maps with the Mokolei Empire :p

I really wonder who will be the first one who sails around the world :)

@Bregir, @SkaForHire and the other game masters. May we conclude the 3 kingdoms East of the Mokolei Empire are not allies of the Mokolei Empire and could be at a permanent state of war with this empire? I would find it surprising that the "Mokolei Empire and allied states" have no interest in those smaller kingdoms.

Edited by Maxim I

1 minute ago, Maxim I said:

@Bregir, @SkaForHire and the other game masters. May we conclude the 3 kingdoms East of the Mokolei Empire are not allies of the Mokolei Empire and could be at a permanent state of war with this empire? I would find it surprising that the "Mokolei Empire and allied states" have no interest in those smaller kingdoms.

Well, I think you will have to find out - perhaps a mission to establish diplomatic connections could help find the answer?

24 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

This does however complicate things for my expedition.

For adventures, complications are very similar to fun! ;)

And as the article Maxim quoted says, we don't actually know if those attacks were official politics, or just rogue princes ;)

Thanks for the info on the sizes Maxim I really appreciate it. As a matter of fact I was actually planning on including some maps and atlases in my builds that would hopefully give a better idea of the size of the empire, where its cities are and its government structure. I also think it would make sense if the Mokolei were at war with the other three kingdoms as your reasoning seems pretty solid. 

I agree @Bregir complications encourage innovation.

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

I am planning to go the far south as well. But that will take me multiple months.

As we don't know much about the regions we will pass, maybe we can sail together for a while, Count Mesabi? At least till my first stop in Tellvok, where I hope to find more information about an event 500 years ago?

The more vessels, the safer our trip.

If others want to join my/our trip, feel free!

Sailing together sounds great! It'll also be good to mend relations between our great nations. Let's discuss this in pm for preliminary plans.