Jetro

HispaBrick Magazine 028 is out!

Portada028_Completa_ESP_Web.jpg

In this issue of HispaBrick Magazine® we have taken our networking skills to a whole new level:

We attended the LEGO Fan Media Days in Billund and met up with over twenty Fan Media representatives. In this edition, you will find a report of that event as well as a number of interviews with LEGO franchises we did during the event. While in Billund, we also ran into Robenanne, the designer of the Old Fishing Shop, and we interviewed him. Richard Jones from The Rambling Brick put together a reconstruction of the conversation we had with Bali Padda for us to publish and Stuck in Plastic have contributed an article about their toy photographers collective. We have also worked closely with Eurobricks to offer a new collaborative section in our magazine and on their forums.

But, it’s not only Recognised LEGO Fan Media we have worked with. In collaboration with Kockice we have started another collaborative corner in our magazine and together with their team we are proud to present a Croatian language edition of HispaBrick Magazine 028! This edition also includes articles about education with Six Bricks, reviews, robotics, MOCs and a lot of attention for the new LEGO Boost platform.

HispaBrick Magazine is free to download in Spanish, English and Croatian, so get your copy today and spread the word!
You can download the magazine here:http://www.hispabrickmagazine.com/en/content/english-hispabrick-magazine-028 )

On 9/18/2017 at 9:26 AM, Jetro said:

Portada028_Completa_ESP_Web.jpg

In this issue of HispaBrick Magazine® we have taken our networking skills to a whole new level:

We attended the LEGO Fan Media Days in Billund and met up with over twenty Fan Media representatives. In this edition, you will find a report of that event as well as a number of interviews with LEGO franchises we did during the event. While in Billund, we also ran into Robenanne, the designer of the Old Fishing Shop, and we interviewed him. Richard Jones from The Rambling Brick put together a reconstruction of the conversation we had with Bali Padda for us to publish and Stuck in Plastic have contributed an article about their toy photographers collective. We have also worked closely with Eurobricks to offer a new collaborative section in our magazine and on their forums.

But, it’s not only Recognised LEGO Fan Media we have worked with. In collaboration with Kockice we have started another collaborative corner in our magazine and together with their team we are proud to present a Croatian language edition of HispaBrick Magazine 028! This edition also includes articles about education with Six Bricks, reviews, robotics, MOCs and a lot of attention for the new LEGO Boost platform.

HispaBrick Magazine is free to download in Spanish, English and Croatian, so get your copy today and spread the word!
You can download the magazine here:http://www.hispabrickmagazine.com/en/content/english-hispabrick-magazine-028 )

Jetro,

Thanks again for this wonderful opportunity and hopefully we'll see you on Friday if you're attending.

AC

On 9/19/2017 at 12:37 PM, Jetro said:

@ACPin unfortunately I won't be there on Friday, but @lluisgib will be there to represent HispaBrick Magazine.

Actually met Lluis at the hotel last Thursday.

AC

Great magazine as usual. That Six Bricks article was very interesting.

I'm glad you liked it @MAB. We try to offer as wide a variety of topics as possible and when I learned about Six Bricks earlier this year I knew I had to get an article into the magazine.

2 hours ago, ACPin said:

AC

:grin:

On 9/26/2017 at 1:24 PM, Jetro said:

On 9/26/2017 at 10:17 AM, ACPin said:

AC

:grin:

Lluis was having dinner with Jan Beyer and two more, had a brief chat with them and he did mention that the issue 028 was the most downloaded in the first three days!

AC

Great issue!

Can't believe the guy who created the Old Fishing Store has 12 buildings for his Sea Front Village theme. I wonder if he is going to submit them all to LEGO Ideas *oh2*

Great job! Thanks for sharing

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Can't believe the guy who created the Old Fishing Store has 12 buildings for his Sea Front Village theme. I wonder if he is going to submit them all to LEGO Ideas *oh2*

His second LEGO Ideas house to pass the 10.00 vote barrier was not picked up by LEGO. I doubt he'll submit all of them, but it would be great to see a few more as official sets!

I really loved the article about the advantages and disadvantages of mini-dolls vs. minifigures. It really cuts to the heart of the way old-school fans often take the minifigure's advantages for granted and treat the mini-doll's advantages as trivial, even though to a different set of buyers with different play priorities it might be the other way around. It also acknowledges the ways that mini-dolls and minifigures are more similar than people often give them credit for.

I'm not so fond of the article about Paradisa, which seems like it might be giving a little bit too high praise to a theme that even in the accompanying photos has a washed-out color scheme and a myopic focus on leisure and luxury. Compared to the previous article, which takes a more objective look at girl-targeted figures' strengths and weaknesses, this article seems to be all about strengths without even questioning the theme's drawbacks. It also makes some rather naive assumptions such as that the vehicles in the sets were meant to appeal to boys — never mind that other girl-oriented brands like Barbie have featured vehicle play for decades. It also suggests that later girl-oriented themes with a brighter and more all-encompassing range of colors would appeal less to boys than a theme that was aggressively pastel and "pinkwashed".

The LEGO Life interview was another article I greatly enjoyed. I'd used LEGO Life a bit, but reading about it including digital editions of the magazine (something I hadn't realized previously) encouraged me to pick it up again. Upon doing so I also learned that the customization options for mini-doll characters had improved substantially. Pretty cool!

On 09/10/2017 at 6:25 PM, Aanchir said:

I really loved the article about the advantages and disadvantages of mini-dolls vs. minifigures. It really cuts to the heart of the way old-school fans often take the minifigure's advantages for granted and treat the mini-doll's advantages as trivial, even though to a different set of buyers with different play priorities it might be the other way around. It also acknowledges the ways that mini-dolls and minifigures are more similar than people often give them credit for.

I'm sure minifigs will win the next round though!