Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga (17): Grave Discovery

Exetrius Saga

Previous chapters:

Episode 17: Grave Discovery

Somewhere in the south of the Desert lands, sometime in between the Kaliphlinian Civil war and the recent Civil war of Nocturnus...

Some fifty meters from the mana pool, there was a stack of three stone blocks. Upon closer investigation, there was nothing special to them. It did not seem to be part of a ruin, either. Stenran suggested it could be a benchmark, which made perfect sense, given how their guide warned them for the thick fog that may appear every once in a while. The four travelers headed in the direction of the stones. More benchmarks followed. They found a water well, the remains of a cultivated field and a collection of ruined houses, burnt pieces of wood and pottery shards that lay scattered around the place. Plunderings.

They discovered something remarkable on the cemetery: aside from the variety of gravestones, twenty-two stacks of stones, consisting of three each, seemed to have been added last. Next to that last stack, the sand grinded a bit, as if there was a hard surface underneath. 

Sirius

"There is something here, I can feel it."

He unearthed a heavy tombstone.

"I'm going to shatter it with an arcane shock, gentlemen, take cover!"

The stone crumbled and revealed a stairway underneath. Sirius told the others to stay outside until the coast was clear. He descended. There was a short hallway that lead up to a single room. He cast a light spell and entered cautiously.

37249129525_f4bd3f7197_z.jpg

He looked around. For a tomb of these proportions, the possessions to be taken to the hereafter looked rather modest. However, above the grave in the back, he saw something that gave him goosebumps. This tomb didn't belong to an ordinary person!

Sirius

"Could this be...?"

While he came closer to the artifact he stepped on a tile and felt a slight shock. 

"Dang it!"

36434771973_8abb4170ed_z.jpg

Water gushed out of a barrel and engulfed his head. Scooping away the water with his hands didn't work. The tried to scream, but his words didn't leave the bubble. He wanted to go to the exit, but he could hardly see where he was. He was about to drown, in the desert, by flying water... this wizard had a sense of humour, darn him!

Kestero (Samurai guard)

"... Sirius, are you there? Sirius Centario!"

37077168432_5773315d54_z.jpg

In a flash, the samurai froze the jet of water and the water bubble with his enchanted katana.

36434779203_50c1b1ea15_z.jpg

37249125375_3d58cea20f_z.jpg

Sirius

"Buhugh hugh! ... I am grateful for that, Kestero, I owe you."

Kestero

"It is my duty, Sir. Let it be a lesson."

After that, Sirius disabled the trap spell and reached for what he had been after..

37159022501_36db6dfff4_z.jpg

.. the lost water runes of Kaliphlin!

Sirius

"Father, I have not failed you! I will bring you water magic, for the glory of Zotharith!

Let us head home!" 

36411411684_710647eb32_z.jpg

To be continued.... in the next episode: Setting sail

Hi guys! Third time's a charm: Sirius Centario, the mystery man, has been fully revealed! :grin: I hope you enjoyed the read and the scenes!

C&C appreciated! :wink:

Edited by Exetrius

Neat scene indeed! The differently coloured 2x2 round plates in the pillars make for a nice break-up of the tan, and though the furniture is, as you said yourself, rather ordinary, there's nothing wrong with it. :thumbup: 

Also, the third image is just lovely! The minifig posing, together with the blue flames and the use of that... thing around his head make for such an amazing image :wub: 

18 hours ago, TitusV said:

Neat scene indeed! The differently coloured 2x2 round plates in the pillars make for a nice break-up of the tan, and though the furniture is, as you said yourself, rather ordinary, there's nothing wrong with it. :thumbup: 

Also, the third image is just lovely! The minifig posing, together with the blue flames and the use of that... thing around his head make for such an amazing image :wub: 

Thank you for your compliments! The idea was that gold is used a lot to give builds like this decorative detail, so I wanted to do without it.

I enjoyed the water bubble (https://brickset.com/parts/design-61287) thing, indeed! :classic: 

Splendid work man! Very aesthetically pleasing scene and captures the desert/Egyptian look excellently:thumbup: I agree the dark and sand orange pillar bits is a nice touch as well as the blue lining on the floor and tomb. Also, clever usage of the dome piece. All around, great stuff.  

3 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Splendid work man! Very aesthetically pleasing scene and captures the desert/Egyptian look excellently:thumbup: I agree the dark and sand orange pillar bits is a nice touch as well as the blue lining on the floor and tomb. Also, clever usage of the dome piece. All around, great stuff.  

Thanks a lot! :classic: I've never really done much interior architecture (mainly due to parts constraints), so I really practicing details like the coloured bands of dark orange and such. Glad they turned out well!

Excellent crypt, Exetrius! I love the variety of wares inside the tomb, especially that bucket with a 1x1 with clip on top lid. The colors work well, and the story continues to grow. For a relatively simple build, it really packs a punch (or squirts one, maybe)!

16 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Excellent crypt, Exetrius! I love the variety of wares inside the tomb, especially that bucket with a 1x1 with clip on top lid. The colors work well, and the story continues to grow. For a relatively simple build, it really packs a punch (or squirts one, maybe)!

Haha, thank you!

Wonderful use of those half dome elements! The rows of columns give an ornate look to the space, and it's great to see the mystery man revealed :thumbup:

14 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Wonderful use of those half dome elements! The rows of columns give an ornate look to the space, and it's great to see the mystery man revealed :thumbup:

Thanks! You'll see more of him. :wink:

Lovely scene mate, the colours work nicely and the detail is great. I really love the use of the bubble, its ingenious. As for the story, it becomes more intruiging every step of the way. 

4 hours ago, The Maestro said:

Lovely scene mate, the colours work nicely and the detail is great. I really love the use of the bubble, its ingenious. As for the story, it becomes more intruiging every step of the way. 

Thank you, Maestro! Good to hear you enjoy the story, too! :sweet: