Sign in to follow this  
BigEl

[MOC] A Bounty Hunters Hideout

Recently I bought the Bounty Hunters Battle Pack, so I thought why not build something substantial to display them properly. Thus the project of building a MOC Hideout got started. 

In terms of parts I used the latest System Falcon, the AT-AP (which I both dismantled completely), the FO Special Forces Tie Fighter + around 200 spare parts.

It took me around 2 weeks to design and build the whole thing and I am pleased with the result, even if its just fictional fun build (especially since it was my first real MOC ever and I only had a very limited selection of parts).

The main features are:

- Main building with walls that have partially custom angles and are almost completely snotted all around.

- Sloping roof made out of a broken down TIE Wing Panel with entry/exit hatch and main generator sticking through

- Partially broken down Tower with a balcony, ladder for access from the ground, ventilation system and maintenance hatch

- Crashed FO Special Forces TIE Fighter on top of the tower, used as lookout/Sniper position and as a base for an Automated Heavy Laser Defense System (which can rotate 360 Degrees)

- Satellite Dish on the back of the main building 

- Small Communication/Access Terminal in front of the main building and some Cargo/miscellanious stuff like spare parts

- Reinforced Door with ID Scan and several Access terminals on the building and tower

I also completely skipped on having any interior design for the building, since I solely build it for exterior display only.

And now for some pictures:

ctgvog5w.jpg

vxp4g52b.jpg

gcnb38jc.jpg

6se48c8q.jpg

vqnxkkwl.jpg

And some additional Close-Ups:

g6onnm7z.jpg

kfnuh3aw.jpg

v2npcz3b.jpg

2wo797s7.jpg

Feedback would be appreciated! 

Edited by BigEl

51 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Sweet, looks like a futuristic Flintstone's house.

Hah, now that youve said it, there is definitely some resemblance... Maybe I was unconciously driving towards that design when I build the thing :laugh:

The core idea was a shabby looking building (in line with the general sci-fi/technology artstyle of Star Wars), in which a crashed ship would be integrated in a makeshift way. 

The TIE was perfect because its already close to minifig scale for authenticity and the overall visual coherence, and its modular design allows for some interesting modding. On top of that it was easy to build into the tower (on a round 4x4 ratchet so it can stay in a fixed angle thats not just straight forward or to the side) and was simply at hand when I had the idea :grin:

But the sloping roof was by far the biggest challenge since its random angle made the matter of gap closing between roof and walls a nightmare. But it turned out quite good I think (more by random coincidence than long and careful planning), and the biggest remaining gap is to the left of the satellite dish.

Edited by BigEl

7 hours ago, fire117 said:

Very good. What's the interior of the building like?

As mentioned in the first post, there is no real interior.

Its just the skeleton for the building + a bridge between the front and back wall on which the Generator is build upon.