msnimmrtls

Tyco Super Blocks - Pins for Wheels Question

Good Morning and Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am a new member and would like to say HELLO to everyone.

I joined this group because I see many posts were made about Tyco Super Blocks and I am assuming that such discussions are OK to talk about.  Bricklink I have gotten many flamers who want nothing to do but start arguments.  We are all fans of Lego...Lego is KING but Tyco bricks were not shabby back in the day and some of us don't mind using them to enhance our designs.

I do have a question as noted in my subject line.

I have a bunch of the Plastic wheels, rubber tires and rubber inserts for the Army Sets from Tyco and I want very much to use them however I do not have any of the metal pins that are supposed to be used in conjunction with them.

Anyone know the exact size of these?  Is there a place 1 can get those pins or something that is a good substitute/approximation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off, welcome to EB!

Second, I have a bunch of Tyco and agree that their quality is good--I'd say completely on par with Lego from the same period.

I have a bunch of those axles, as well, but I have never seen them separated from the wheel before! I will check soon, hopefully today, to see what I can find about them or a viable substitute, then post here.

As for Bricklink, I find it ironic about the discussion there since BL as posted pics before (a site-maintenance thing IIRC) of MOCs that prominently used Tyco blocks. :shrug_confused:

I checked the dimensions of the pin, it is a hair wider than 2 mm, and 33 mm in length. The last 8 mm at either end have flanges on them to keep the pin from popping out of the wheel.

Probably some heavy duty baling wire would do it, although that will be somewhat pliable so may bend.