the imperial reporter

Help on Inika Light-Up Swords

I recently Purchased a Bulk of old Bionicle and I it came with one of the Inika Swords. I put in new batteries and it worked, but how do you turn it off?

The Batteries were quite expensive and i would hate to waste them.

The sword should turn off itself. Normally when you push the button, the sword will start with a slow strobe effect, then move to a fast strobe effect, slow down again and end. Should only be lasting 7-10 seconds tops. If it's not turning off, it's possible it was put together incorrectly in a way that the button is constantly being pressed down or perhaps the batteries are in there in a janky way? 

i ran into this one a "lot" inka sword before.  likely it's a short on the board, disassemble, pull the black part out , take a soft head eraser, and clean the contact on the board should fix it if its just corrosion

On 9/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, the imperial reporter said:

Thanks

Hello my friend I have the same problem but I dont know how to fix it, I tried to clean the led with the eraser but still doesnt turn off after 10 sec. How did you fix it?

Thanks in advance 

On 9/17/2017 at 12:23 AM, Foxw said:

i ran into this one a "lot" inka sword before.  likely it's a short on the board, disassemble, pull the black part out , take a soft head eraser, and clean the contact on the board should fix it if its just corrosion

Hello my friend I have the same problem but I dont know how to fix it, I tried to clean the led with the eraser but still doesnt turn off after 10 sec. How did you fix it?

Thanks in advance