Ayrlego

[COR - SEP FB] Reviewing the Guard, Arlinsport

Announcement from the Corrington Era II main thread:

On 13/09/2017 at 9:13 PM, Bregir said:

Citizens of Corrington in the New World.

The Army Board, in conjunction with Her Majesties Government and Colonial Ministry wish to make the following announcement.

The rapid expansion of the Empire in the new world has, to this date, resulted in the haphazard and piecemeal deployment of troops and army resources. To address this most un-Corlander state of affairs, the Army Board is announcing the establishment of a Colonial Headquarters, commanded by a Brigadier. This Headquarters will be tasked to coordinate, track and position army resources to best ensure the proper defense and security of Her Majesties possessions in the New World.

Effective immediately Colonel Sir Andrew Howe ( @Ayrlego) is hereby promoted to the rank of Brigadier and will assume command of all land forces in the New World.

Additionally, for loyal service to Her Majesty in the New World, Lieutenant Bertram Rickard Wolf ( @Brickwolf) of the Queen's Rifle Regiment is hereby promoted to the rank of Captain, and detached from regimental service to serve as Brigadier Howe's Aide de Camp, to assist him in all his duties.

Brigadier Howe and Captain Wolf are required and requested to fulfill their duties in close cooperation with Rear-admiral Fletcher and the Royal Terra Novan Navy.

Her Majesty and the Board have every faith in these officers and all loyal Corlander citizens are instructed to assist them in their duties.

Long Live the Queen!

37058447336_9877309142_c.jpg

"Chaotic, haphazard, piecemeal and plain disordered" stated Brigadier Howe. "All words used to describe the army's current dispositions in Terra Nova. A most un-Corlander state of affairs. It will not stand Captain. We must immediately bring order to the situation."

Brigadier Howe and Captain Wolf strode past the assembled guard at one of Arlinsport's large forts. With a polite nod at the guard commander, Brigadier Howe continued

"Our first priority shall be to carry out a compete audit of land based military units in the new world. Then we shall review their dispositions and ensure they are best placed to protect and defend our possessions and react to any situation. Each settlement the size of town and above should aim to have their own colonial militia for constabulary duties and immediate protection. Crown units will be dispersed where we judge them most needed. I wish to have two battalion sized forces at central locations ready for a rapid response to emerging threats or situations."

"Aye Sir, I have a preliminary list for your review" replied Captain Wolf.

"Excellent work. Our second priority will be a review of fortifications throughout our settlements."

"Yes Sir. Additionally we have received correspondence from Colonel Allcock in the paradise isles. He is growing concerned over the disappearance of Don Isaac Montoya, who was last seen heading to Tortuga for discussions with the notorious Sea Rat Captain Benjamin Morgan" 

"Hmm, our nearest sizeable force will be Major Bradley's battalion in Port Woodhouse. Dispatch correspondence to Colonel Allcock and Major Bradley authorising Colonel Allcock's use of the battalion for recovery operations if deemed necessary. I will discuss the deployment of a naval force with Admiral Fletcher. For now I am not too concerned. But we must be ready to act. This is the perfect example of the need to better organise our military forces."

With that the two officers went their separate ways to carry out the Queen's business.

36999067191_ae26cb31f6_c.jpg

-------------------------------

A build for the appointment of land commanders for Corrington in Era II, a scene from this MOC was used in the new Corrington Thread. Heavily inspired by @Sebeus I's scene from the Oleon front page (I Need to order some bright light yellow bricks!!!). Placed in Arlinsport but will not be licensed.

As I've already said, congratulations Ayrlego and Brickwolf, that aside this build is fantastic. I really like how it somewhat resembles what you've been doing in Port Woodhouse, just with a cleaner look. The texturing on the floor looks great though time consuming I'm sure and those torsos do look really nice.

Congratz Ayrlego on your promotion.

A very nice build, as usual. I like the loopholes made of technical brick on the tower and the ring on the door, the tilted floor punctuated with studs is nice too.

Again Congratulations on the promotion. The build is great as well. I really like the technique you used for the floor. I've got to say though, I'm not a fan of the Redcoat torsos, they look to realistic for normal lego. 

There is a lot to like in this build. The first thing that caught my eye was the way you attached the flag. Very ingenious and realistic looking. I also like the way you did the planks over the windows. Not pressing them down was a great idea, and it definitely turned out. The medium flesh bricks with the white walls also look really good, as does the usage of the brick bricks in the foundation. Keep up the great work!

every thing is nice :

- nice display of minifig, I'm jealous

- nice ground, I like the scheme !

- nice tower, with those lovely medium flesh wall bricks

- nice baseground too

/cheer

Very nice build Ayrlego, the ground pattern looks great, so does the med. dark flesh and white!  The slight slant over the windows is really good too!

Nice scene, I thought I recognized something :laugh:.

I must tell you, bright yellow (or was it milky yellow?) is quite expensive, I was lucky enough to just get a bag for free :classic:.