Hart New Bob

Who are/were the LEGO Designers?

Title says it all, who are/were the  LEGO designers? (Can somebody give me some sort of a list of the past and present designers?) 

Edited by Hart New Bob

Well, I mean, there are hundreds of people from across the years, and any given set these days often has a whole team that's worked on it (design lead, design team, playability/stability tester, graphic design, marketing, etc.), but this might be an interesting place for you to start depending on what you're wanting to do with the information:

https://brickset.com/bricklists/featured

Those are lists of designers and which sets they worked on, often with comments from the designers themselves added.

6 minutes ago, deraven said:

Well, I mean, there are hundreds of people from across the years, and any given set these days often has a whole team that's worked on it (design lead, design team, playability/stability tester, graphic design, marketing, etc.), but this might be an interesting place for you to start depending on what you're wanting to do with the information:

Those are lists of designers and which sets they worked on, often with comments from the designers themselves added.

Thank you, it is now time to see who makes the good and the bad sets!

1 hour ago, deraven said:

From that list, I'd say my favorite designer would be Jordan Scott.  That designer made Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets.  Some great ones, too, I should say.  Also, some of the better recent Star Wars sets, and some good Ninja Turtles.

Nobody on that list is credited with a Castle set...

Edited by x105Black

As I know, Ole Kirk Christiansen was the first designer of LEGO, then he established The Lego Group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” - Nomao Minimalistic Camera apk

An important designer from the past is Jens Nygaard Knudsen, who designed the minifigure and was also very involved in designing LEGO Space sets from the theme's beginning all the way to the year 2000.

Another big name is Niels Milan Pedersen, who worked alongside Knudsen and from my understanding is still working at LEGO as a part designer. He worked on projects ranging from classic LEGO Space, Town, and Castle sets and designed the original LEGO skeleton, crocodile, and octopus molds as well as many more recent molds like 2002 Galidor action figure parts and the sea creature headgear in the 2010 Atlantis theme.

Let's not forget Daniel Krentz, who passed away just last year. He was the first non-Dane and the first AFOL to be hired as a LEGO designer (decades before the term "AFOL" was coined). He designed the original 375 Castle set (the "Yellow Castle") and many other Castle and Pirates sets over the years. Here's a pic of him on Flickr from fellow designer Mark Stafford, with some more facts about him and the sets he designed.

11 hours ago, x105Black said:

From that list, I'd say my favorite designer would be Jordan Scott.  That designer made Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets.  Some great ones, too, I should say.  Also, some of the better recent Star Wars sets, and some good Ninja Turtles.

Nobody on that list is credited with a Castle set...

Here's a pic of designers Daniel Krentz, Niels Milan Pedersen, and Bjarke Madsen with Castle sets they designed over the years!

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

An important designer from the past is Jens Nygaard Knudsen, who designed the minifigure and was also very involved in designing LEGO Space sets from the theme's beginning all the way to the year 2000.

Another big name is Niels Milan Pedersen, who worked alongside Knudsen and from my understanding is still working at LEGO as a part designer. He worked on projects ranging from classic LEGO Space, Town, and Castle sets and designed the original LEGO skeleton, crocodile, and octopus molds as well as many more recent molds like 2002 Galidor action figure parts and the sea creature headgear in the 2010 Atlantis theme.

Let's not forget Daniel Krentz, who passed away just last year. He was the first non-Dane and the first AFOL to be hired as a LEGO designer (decades before the term "AFOL" was coined). He designed the original 375 Castle set (the "Yellow Castle") and many other Castle and Pirates sets over the years. Here's a pic of him on Flickr from fellow designer Mark Stafford, with some more facts about him and the sets he designed.

Here's a pic of designers Daniel Krentz, Niels Milan Pedersen, and Bjarke Madsen with Castle sets they designed over the years!

Thank you for that.

Krentz, Pedersen, and Madsen are all very talented designers.

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Yeah,  indeed legends!  I saw a article about Krentz's passing. 

Edited by Hart New Bob
Mistakes