mouseketeer

[MOC] Winter Village Firehouse

I'm doing a Winter Village display at a show in November, so my Christmassy building is stretching unusually early this year! This is my latest model - a Winter Village Firehouse! The building comes with an old fashioned style fire engine, and a hot chestnut wagon (with glowing light brick, and alternate "on fire" version to give the fire fighters an emergency to attend to!). The building comprises a garage for the fire engine (with an emergency telephone, hat stand, and Christmas tree), a kitchen area and sleeping area in the bell tower, and (of course!) a fire pole to slide down. The festive wreath on the front of the building also surrounds a hidden button that lights up the bell from inside the tower. The full album is at https://flic.kr/s/aHsm8MMRTB

37099318151_1f0f7566ee_c.jpgWinter Village Firehouse by mouseketeer 111, on Flickr

37099317721_8e0d854a3c_c.jpgWinter Village Firehouse by mouseketeer 111, on Flickr

37099317751_f233e4359e_c.jpgWinter Village Firehouse by mouseketeer 111, on Flickr

As always it looks nice! Love the design of it, simple but still wintery style :)

Can't wait to see the future projects you come up with :D 

Seeing your builds, you really should be the one designing their WV theme sets... Each one looks totally in keeping with their theme and original designs, I really do enjoy seeing them and seeing what you come out with next! Will you be doing a thread on your entire layout when you get it all together? 

Brilliant! I love it. The colors work well together. The shaping is well done and fits with the theme. I always struggle with the right balance to blend in, but then again maybe I don't need to blend in. But I do like seeing how well yours blends in with the theme. None would be the wiser that it wasn't official.

My only complaint is having to disconnect it to reach in for the pole and sleeping room. But I love the light up function. The regular red looks great here instead of the normal dark red.

I will definitely take inspiration from this if I ever get back to building my own Winter Village sets.

I can't wait to see more!