Sign in to follow this  
Legofunbuild

[MOC]Dali's Elephant

DSC09913

This is a idea from Dali's famous painting-the temptation of saint anthony.

I think lots of people like paintings, and Dali is a very impressive one. Everyone who knows him will recognize the elephant right away from the long legs.

In the painting, there is also a palace on the back of the elephant, I made one for the elephant to carry, but I didn't make the same as the original painting since it is a little bit hard to depict.

Lots of parts can be adjusted, so the elephant can present different pose, the nose, ears, legs, head and tail all can be moved smoothly. 

The most hard part is the leg, I tried to make it as thin as the painting, and moreover, they should also carry the weight of the elephant and the catsle, I am glad I made it!

Thanks for click in and see my moc, here is a more detaild video:

Beautiful trunk! So curvy and flexy! I'm not a massive fan of Dalí, only because he just didn't squeeze his potential to the max, you always felt he could do more but was too lazy to do so. And I live an hour away from where he lived!

Gorgeous MOC!

8 hours ago, Borex said:

Totally recognisable. Very good elephant too. I like it

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Beautiful trunk! So curvy and flexy! I'm not a massive fan of Dalí, only because he just didn't squeeze his potential to the max, you always felt he could do more but was too lazy to do so. And I live an hour away from where he lived!

Gorgeous MOC!

Haha, maybe! Sometime artist is hard to understand.

As both a Lego and Dali fan I love this. I remember there was a UK TV Advert in the early 1990s that animated Dali paintings including these elephants. Can anyone remember the advert? It might have been for Lager or maybe even Guinness. I've been unable to find it anywhere.