Sign in to follow this  
Marinho

MOD - Bus from Set 60154

Hi all! This is my first post and Mod done in LDD, so I hope I do everything right! Two days ago, I finally decided to download and try LDD, to see if I could do something with it. My first test subject, was the Bus from set 60154, as I really dislike the interior, and the doors lego used for it. So this is what I came up with:

36393860004_cfcf5a70a2_c.jpg

37059220052_c3d13eec3d_c.jpg

The roof actually would be done with 1x52031 and the rest would be 32739, and here is my problem: I added 2 studs on the length of the Bus, and Part 32739 only exist in 4x6. So now I have two options: add two more studs on the Bus and do the roof with 2x52031 and the rest with 32739 as the original set, or finish the back as per the rendering, the last two studs would be composed by 2x3020 and 2x85984. I really don't know what to do. Regarding the door mechanism, I tested with real parts, and it seems to work. Hope you guys like it.

P.S. Sorry for the rendering size, but I do not have experience with Bluerender, and somehow the images are always small...

Yeah that's the problem with those vehicle wedge pieces. They can make a vehicle look great but also restrict the ability to work lengthwise. The cheese slope solution as per your render is a good workaround that I've used before but I understand wanting the roof to match up perfectly with the wedge piece. Would shortening the bus 2 studs also work?

On 9/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, koalayummies said:

Yeah that's the problem with those vehicle wedge pieces. They can make a vehicle look great but also restrict the ability to work lengthwise. The cheese slope solution as per your render is a good workaround that I've used before but I understand wanting the roof to match up perfectly with the wedge piece. Would shortening the bus 2 studs also work?

I cannot do it, I need the two extra studs in order to have the doors working. I am thinking to build it like this, and then if needed, I will try to come up with something on the roof.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:42 PM, Hart New Bob said:

That's nicer than the set :thumbup:. but that's not saying much through.

Thanks! I thinks the set is not so "interesting" but I have it, and it will be a good exercise in order to learn more on how to work with LDD.