Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Trees for Corrington

With the Weelond regiment eliminated in group play from the Soccer Cup, Governor Willem Guilder was finally able to attend to other matters. A short trip from Trador to Hojaroja on Otoño was in order. The island was known for the fall-like coloration of the foliage of its trees, apparently due to the mineral composition of the soil. Colonel Dirk Allcock of Corrington had made some generous gifts to the settlement in the wake of Operation Pax Corlandia, and the effort to patch relations between Corrington and Eslandola deserved recognition. Guilder knew Allcock had expressed interest in studying Otoño's unique flora, so Guilder had his men dig up two saplings and pack their roots in barrels filled with local soil.

close3c.jpg

"Captain Merker, please see to it that these saplings are delivered to Colonel Dirk Allcock, along with this letter expressing my gratitude for his gesture of friendship. He may be on Trador at the moment, as his team was still alive in the Soccer Cup. If he is not there, perhaps his cousin, Commander Matthew Allcock, is still there and can arrange to forward them to him. And please pass along my regrets that I am not able to deliver them personally."

With that, Governor Guilder was off to attend to other matters.

-----

The full build:

all3c.jpg

I was happy with the effect I achieved with the uneven dock, and I think the shore and hill turned out OK as well. I'm still working on my trees; more leaf pieces would help. :wink:  All C&C welcome.

The uneven dock does look great, and the mixture of the tans and olive green in the bank has worked really well.

Colonel Allcock is at them moment still isolated in the ruins of Myzectlan - although that needs to change as he is growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of his good friend Don Isaac Montoya.... I am sure he will really appreciate this gesture. His cousin will no doubt pass them onto scientists of the Royal Society to look after until Allcock returns. Knowing Allcock I'm pretty sure he will ultimately use them or their progeny to erect a monument of friendship between our nations in either Jameston or Port Woodhouse!

Very nice build, I love what you did with the trees in the barrels. The dock and the landscape are great as well. Keep up the good work, Capt. Wolf! 

The dock and the land are exceptionally done. I will be studying this dock before I make another of my own. The young saplings, however, are my favorite part of this build. The design and angle of the photos really give the realism of young trees about to be shipped off. One of these days I will have enough colored leaves to build on Otoño. Until then I will just enjoy builds like this. Overall well done. 

I really like the pier half built into the sand!  Looks great!

A very nice build, the uneven pier looks great and I really do think you've achieved the desired effect with your trees and I also think I may have to get more of those olive green bush pieces, good work.

12 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice diorama! The dock and the bank both look great.

I second that! I am also very happy that we decided to add different qualities to each island when we started all this :thumbup: It certainly stimulates moc productivity :wink: