Bregir

On a ropewalk near Camp Isaac...

The newly formed Royal Pioneers were established specifically for colonial expansion and their first mission was accompanying Don Isaac Montoya of the Royal Society to Cascadia, where they helped set up Camp Isaac and joined the expedition to discover Myzectlan.

Shortly after this discovery, Montoya was rushed to Isla de Medio to address a diplomatic issue in relation with Operation Pax Corlandia (much against his own will, being so engulfed in the scientific possibilities of Cascadia).

The Royal Pioneers stayed behind to develop Camp Isaac and survey the island, as well as establishing roads and paths to Myzectlan.

However, Montoya had not returned as expected...

36412840643_ff368e9c54_c.jpg

Pioneer 1: "Fascinating island, this is."

Pioneer 2: "Indeed - it's been hard work carving out all these paths and setting up the rope-walks, but one's got to enjoy the beauty of this place."

Pioneer 1: "Don Montoya seemed to enjoy it too - particularly all these wild beasts... Just look at that big black cat sneaking up on that deer..."

Pioneer 2: "One wonders what's become of him. He wasn't supposed to be away so long..."

Pioneer 1: "Last I heard, he was underway to meet that character... Captain Benjamin Morgan..."

Pioneer 2: "Captain Morgan?!?"

Pioneer 1: "Indeed... against the warnings of many - and even without a guard..."

Pioneer 2: "Oh dearie me... And I had taken quite a liking to the gentleman..."

Great jungle scene Bregir. I do really like the rope bridge design! The use of the tusks for tree branches is a great idea, although I wonder if there is a way to make the trunk a little less blockly. The dark orange leaves make a nice contrast to the greens.

I have an idea forming in my mind for my building schedule this weekend. I think it is time to set aside the two projects I currently have under construction and for Dirk to leave Myzectlan and return to civilisation via Camp Isaac to organise a rescue mission/search party for Montoya.

Nice ropewalk and great waterfall, Bregir, and the vegetation is quite neat too :thumbup:  Not to mention those cats! :grin:  I do have to wonder what's been going on with Mr. Montoya over on Tortuga though... :pir-oh3:

Great Build, Bregir. I really like the Waterfall and the rope bridge. I think it could have used more foliage on the lower area though, it looks a tad sparse. 

Storywise, things are good, but I think you should have named the two pioneers for future use. 

Lovely scenic. I like the way how you made the overgrown rocks. That gives just the right, naturalistic effect. Also lovely rope-bridge and vegetation in general. Overall very nicely balanced and harmonic build. Excellent!:classic:

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

The newly formed Royal Pioneers were established specifically for colonial expansion

Oh yeah!  I thought Corrington should "expand" more!  Oh and nice MOC too by the way.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Nice waterfall! I am glad to see you have gotten around to a build with the cats in it. I still need to do that. Nice foliage, especially the green whips, and the trees. The technique used on the trees looks really good and I would have never though of it. So now that you have thought it up, I can steal borrow it and try to perfect it. I also like this style of rope bridge. I do forget though whether the last we heard of Don Montoya, it was in his hands for the next move or Captain Morgan's hands. 

That ropewalk is stellar! I may have to steal borrow that design in the future! Love the waterfall and rockwork, too. And I have to get some of those big cats. Excellent! :thumbup:

Also curious to find out what has happened to Montoya. I'm sure we're in for an interesting story.

Nice scene Bregir! Lush green, nice rope bridge and I also like the waterfall, especially with the use of medium azure (?)

Another builder showing off his wildcats... :pir-wink:  Great jungle Bregir, and I really like the bridge!  Looks like a place Don Montoya would enjoy looking at! :pir-grin:

Nicely built stream and rocks, and the rope bridge, I like the branches made of horns.