Inthert

[MOC] Midi-Scale AT-TE

I had built this solely for use in one of my Ring-worlds (Link to that topic blow) But I felt it was a build in its own right too so I decided to create a separate thread (hope that's okay?:sceptic:) Anyway, this was a fairly quick build because it was one of those rear moments where everything just.. fits you know? The only part I really had trouble with was connecting the two half's together.. And then of course remembering what I'd done in order to make a second one! :grin: Let me know what you think and any suggested improvements are especially welcome! 

36998006916_f9d072ddd6_c.jpgAT-TE / Teaser by Inthert, on Flickr

And now, as promised, the link to my Ring-worlds project:

Edited by Inthert

Hello!

Awesome build, the top half is perfect. The four smaller legs look too spindly in my opinion they need bulking up!

Kind regards, Ellis.

The legs seem a bit small, but otherwise a fantastic build and another great example of why MIDI-Scale is awesome to make creative display models!

5 hours ago, LEGORACER1 said:

Fantastic build.:thumbup: Love to see some good old Clone Wars MOC's.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello!

Awesome build, the top half is perfect. The four smaller legs look too spindly in my opinion they need bulking up!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thanks! Yeah other people have said the same about the legs, definitely something I'll change if I ever revisit this. :classic:

5 hours ago, BigEl said:

The legs seem a bit small, but otherwise a fantastic build and another great example of why MIDI-Scale is awesome to make creative display models!

Thanks so much! And I agree with you about the legs, a little T-rex arms-ish as someone of Flickr said! :grin:

I really like yours. How sturdy are the ankle joints?. I made one years ago to go with my Midi Gunship and Dropship, but yours uses more modern build techniques.

LAATi & LAATc

Edited by gotoAndLego

11 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I really like yours. How sturdy are the ankle joints?. I made one years ago to go with my Midi Gunship and Dropship, but yours uses more modern build techniques.

LAATi & LAATc

Thanks! The ankles are sturdy enough, they can take the weight of the walker without too much trouble, but if they're moved around too much the joints do work loose. So I find I have to squeeze the parts back together from time to time. Your version looks great! I had wondered about making a dropship to go with mine but never got around to it! :grin:

7 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

I started with the Gunship, then made the AT-TE and decided I needed a Dropship as well.

Ah I see, They all look great together! :classic:

Bear in mind that you will need to figure out the “carrying” mounts on your AT-TE. Your can see the technic piece and axles I used on the rear 3/4 shot; of course I physically remove those pieces after separating the ship. I needed a more open space in the AT-TE to fit it, but those were made shortly after getting back into Lego so I didn’t have a big parts collection to find other solutions. I didn’t know about BrickLink and had to buy sets to get parts...LOL, It also explains why it has white feet. Now it would probably be a cleaner connection, but to be honest the AT-TE is pretty solidly attached and the combo is very swooshable.

LAATc & ATTE

Edited by gotoAndLego

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, gotoAndLego said:

Bear in mind that you will need to figure out the “carrying” mounts on your AT-TE. Your can see the technic piece and axles I used on the rear 3/4 shot; of course I physically remove those pieces after separating the ship. I needed a more open space in the AT-TE to fit it, but those were made shortly after getting back into Lego so I didn’t have a big parts collection to find other solutions. I didn’t know about BrickLink and had to buy sets to get parts...LOL, It also explains why it has white feet. Now it would probably be a cleaner connection, but to be honest the AT-TE is pretty solidly attached and the combo is very swooshable.

Ah that's a point, thanks for the advice, I reckon I could use those 'hook' plates that can be seen just above the main joints on the central legs as the connection point. No need to apologise for a lack of parts, sometimes that's what pushes us to be more creative with our builds :classic:  Yeah it looks pretty sturdy, does tempt me to make my own one! :grin: