Hart New Bob

your bad experience(s) with Computers

What were some bad experiences with your PC, laptop, tablet, ETC?  Mine was just a couple of moments ago, I was just doing something and then BAM, INTERNET EXPLORER NOT RESPONDING!  And then I closed the browser, AND then I was clicking and clicking until TEN new browsers popped up :damn: and then........ do I have to say more?  PS Also while writing this.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Sounds like Windows ;) Doesn't mean that Apple never gives one frustrations, but after I switched over about ten years ago, I am much less frustrated. Costs a lot though, but gives also a lot in return. I hate the fact that explorer and internet explorer are so much strangled together, on Mac Finder and Safari are two totally different programs. I do use windows sometimes for e.g. programming chips (and sending print jobs to our sticker machine), but I close it down Windows as fast as I can afterwards.

Recently my HDD broke. TWICE. I've lost everything the first time, luckilly the second time My dad made a backup, so it's cool now. :)

I had an old Compaq Presario laptop, once. Slow thing. The blasted thing had Windows Vista, which back in those days, was slow as heck. it got to a point that not even a ram upgrade could save it. The Windows XP Desktop was a better computer. Sadly the Windows XP Died completely, which was the nail in the coffin for the Compaq Presario laptop. I was still in my Cheshire home at that time. Want to know what I did to the Compaq Presario laptop? I turned the machine off, unplugged it from the mains, took the battery out and went downstairs into the garden with it. Then, with all my anger, I took a shovel to it. I completely destroyed it. I was not going to let anyone else suffer the horrors of my laptop.

A few days later, I got a Toshiba Laptop, and that one stayed with me. Recently though, the 2TB hard drive completely died on me. I've got a smaller External hard drive, but that doesn't matter. Right now, I'm typing on my smaller EX college laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 300. Lovely thing, and it serves as my tablet as well.