chezzymann

The Mecha Townhouse

After weeks of building and waiting for more bricklink orders... I present the Mecha Townhouse! I wanted to make a townhouse that uses all my spare yellow  bricks, but I realized I didn't have the pieces I wanted for an interior. So I did something a little different. I made a robot house that fully transforms. 

From the street, it looks like a regular custom lego townhouse.

L5s6Xwz.jpg

But if you  fold open the side walls and detach the base plate, arms and legs fold out!

cLjn5Fg.jpg

.... To form the Mecha Townhouse!

SXtIVeP.jpg

It even can make a few poses.

KE59R3x.jpg

The cockpit can fully detach to become an escape pod if something goes wrong.

9oQYOzm.jpg

Who would win?

pbTc5Vh.jpg

Here's how the arms fold out. They're attached to a rail system which keeps them in place. 

bjQQM86.jpg

The walls that fold out are just attached to CCBS bones. 

dclDtJW.jpg

The legs are a little more complicated. Theres vertical racheted joints that allow you to splay them out, and they slide on those two axles so that it can fold up and out. 

RHwf4B3.jpg

The whole thing is remarkably stable for its size. If you bump it a little, it wont fall over. 

NABbiqv.jpg?1

My goodness that is hilariously awesome! What a fantastically unusual combination of modular, Technic and sci-fi. Don't mess with the yellow townhouse. Evict this! Most excellent MOC. 

but I realized I didn't have the pieces I wanted for an interior. So I did something a little different.

haha great way to just build something different! nice

That is super duper awesome!!! Fantastic job you've done with the limbs, and the house is adorable in yellow! Perfect for the overall feel. Ever seen the movie Big with Tom Hanks? 

Compared to Tom Hanks, I get it!

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Great idea and execution. It looks indeed absolutely normal, until it unfolds - and it all fits properly inside. Very good work.:classic: It is just hilarious how evil this little house can become :laugh:

Yeah this is cool.  So much fun! I do believe this could succeed on Ideas. Certainly it is a truly original idea for a Lego set, and so well executed!

Beyond amazing!

Not only does the house front look great, but the "mecha form" looks cool as well - and on top of that the transformation actually works! Great idea, excellent execution. Well done!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It means a lot.

Edit: Nvm, Resubmitting lego ideas project since I want it to have a more clear main image. 

Edited by chezzymann