I put 2 trans-clear 24116 panels together last week and it looked like a Dino rear window. After a lot of experimenting with the new black panels with the old black panels....

37010810316_151559deef.jpgDino Rear Window by James Tillson, on Flickr

37010804556_d9fac4119a.jpgDino by James Tillson, on Flickr

I haven't started the rear yet and the chassis is just a mule. I'd like to do the full tan interior (Kenobi will soon be missing his codpiece).

Very nice. The front reminds me of the Citroen DS though, I think it can do with a little less taper down of the hood, but maybe it is also because of the angle of the shot.
The rear looks greatI especially like the top flexaxle that shapes that rear fin

It sure looks like Dino 246, but last picture from photography angle give us illusion of (to) big headlights. Rear window idea is cool James. :thumbup:

I'm loving this build, you your build style is ever evolving. Can't wait to see what you do with the bodywork. You have a interesting build style, with the bodywork completion before the interior. I'll be following this build! Thanks for sharing once again @JamesJT

Very nice Ferrari you`re building there :wink:! Always cool to see what you are doing with the bowed panels / 6x3 panels, now in black.

Did you consider to bow the roof a little bit by connecting the 3 panels by 5L beams so that the outer panels can "hang" on 1 pin each? Then one could connect them by short flex axles some way... Regarding the headlights: I also think they rather should be 2 stud wide.

And - tan interior sounds very good :thumbup:!

Edited by brunojj1

On 9/13/2017 at 6:44 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Very nice. The front reminds me of the Citroen DS though...

Ironic as DS was on my list but I thought the nose would be tricky. I think it was the camera angle so I took another from a different angle.

37047289726_f866f7b0d3.jpgIMG_3274 by James Tillson, on Flickr

On 9/13/2017 at 6:45 PM, I_Igor said:

too big headlights. Rear window idea is cool James. :thumbup:

Yes, it all started with the rear window, its my favorite part of the build so far.

I'm using this blueprint.

37094666921_ebd1b1d96a.jpgDino 7.8 by James Tillson, on Flickr

The rear lights scale at 2L, the front are 3.6S so at 3 studs my lights are a little too small. My lights maybe too close together or too high, I haven't checked yet

On 9/14/2017 at 5:14 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Any special bits planned for the chassis? Gearbox?

No plans except; If doors open it will highly detailed with gearbox and transverse V6. If the doors don't open I'll make its as light as possible and RC. I am planning a blue version of the Spider (GTS?)

On 9/14/2017 at 11:28 AM, Lox Lego said:

I'm loving this build, you your build style is ever evolving. Can't wait to see what you do with the bodywork. You have a interesting build style, with the bodywork completion before the interior. I'll be following this build! Thanks for sharing once again @JamesJT

Thanks. You have an instantly recognizable style too and a PRO tag too! Well done, dude.

22 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Did you consider to bow the roof...

I keep wanting to add more "shape" to the roof but the blueprint shows it so very flat. I will resist building how I want to to look for now.

The rear is coming together slowly; more pictures on Flickr later tonight.

37047281446_e70eb9b42e.jpgIMG_3272 by James Tillson, on Flickr

Edited by JamesJT
spelling

2 hours ago, JamesJT said:

I've finished the outside of my Dino. Just need to sort out the chassis and interior.

Is anybody going to want to build this? Is it worth making instructions? I must be on to something good as TLCB wanted to blog the WIP pictures.

IMG_3297 by James Tillson, on Flickr

37149877861_cdb46db1b9.jpgIMG_3300 by James Tillson, on Flickr

IMG_3302 by James Tillson, on Flickr

From this perspective it looks really well done :thumbup:

On 15.9.2017 at 5:21 PM, JamesJT said:

The rear lights scale at 2L, the front are 3.6S so at 3 studs my lights are a little too small. My lights maybe too close together or too high, I haven't checked yet

Agree. As well I agree regarding the roof. I like it already very much as it is. Curious about the chassis. The suspension setup looks like this and I like it :thumbup::sweet:!

oYIA3dL3ji.png

Edited by brunojj1

On 9/18/2017 at 7:21 PM, brunojj1 said:

Curious about the chassis. The suspension setup looks like this and I like it

It was too low at the back, I moved the shock mounting point but now its too high. I will fix it when I finish the chassis.

36954799460_97c75d4421_z.jpgIMG_3311 by James Tillson, on Flickr

I've got door cards and seats but no dash yet.

37179475662_cbbeb890a9.jpgIMG_3308 by James Tillson, on Flickr

I also added chrome exhausts and pointed them upwards a little.

36954796180_4dd9f1a0cd.jpgIMG_3309 by James Tillson, on Flickr

@JamesJT seats look great - pattern is like on sports cars of that era and color combination is perfect for black exterrier

This is an amazing MOC. Excellent shaping. If you're planning to make instructions I would certainly build it.  Maybe even display it!

The tan color fits the interior perfectly. Keep going!

Its all done. My Dino has a transverse Dino V6 engine. See flickr video below.

37279034376_4fb1a782d3_z.jpgIMG_3313 by James Tillson, on Flickr

Video, pictures and instructions coming soonish.

Edited by JamesJT
Info added

4 hours ago, JamesJT said:

Its all done. My Dino has a Dino...

Video, pictures and instructions coming soonish.

@JamesJT, this is probably my favorite car you have built. Its so compact, yet you have followed the lines so well. My hat goes off to you on this one, very creative!

9 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It ended as very nice model :thumbup:

Thank you

6 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

this is probably my favorite car you have built.

Mine too, until I start the next one.

Can anybody see any rare parts? I used 5x black 16L flexi.

Wonderful model! Excellent job!!

I look forward to build one myself. The panels you are using for the bottom side of the doors are quite expensive I thought... this could make the model a bit expensive.

2 hours ago, _Rene_ said:

The panels you are using for the bottom side of the doors are quite expensive I thought... this could make the model a bit expensive.

No, the black 24116 panels are only £0.16 each on bricklink and there are thousands of them available. 20 of them are needed for this car.