Hi all,

I decided to have a go at this competition as it seemed like a laugh, and I had a lot of fun making what I currently have.

My idea was to make a vehicle and strap a massive great machine gun sort of thing on it, and sticking it on the back of a truck seems like the perfect idea, right?

But a truck with a machine gun on it's own would be rather boring, so I decided to give it adjustable pneumatic suspension, for those tricky bits of terrain it might encounter, and of course slam it right to the ground for that street cred.

It's powered by a buggy motor, so it's pretty fast on flat surfaces.

HGGhp5f.jpg

Mode 1, extremely low for maximum speed

qK7seD2.jpg

Mode 2, maximum height for off roading purposes!

Of course, being hydraulic, the suspension can be at whatever height you want, but this is to prove the point.

xbCJqmd.jpg

Now, my favourite part of this suspension is that it acts like the sort you'd find on one of those lowrider cars, and as such, it can pull off crazy moves like this, just for showing off purposes.

The truck cab as it stands is still a work in progress, I'm not quite as good at aesthetics as I am at designing the technic part, so bear with me in that department!1iKhlTh.jpg

Here you can see the mechanism, it works with the pneumatic ram, and springs in order to give the desired effect. Tyre omitted for clarity.

Apologies for the poor pictures, It's the fault of the camera.

For the machine gun which I talk about, this is still all in my mind, however, I want to utilise some form of spinning disc mechanism and accelerate a plate or a technic beam at high velocity that way, but I will keep you all posted on that side of development

Hope you all like it!

-Ender

Edited by EvilEnderman
Duplicate image

Thanks guys, glad to hear it!

The gear ratio is 1:2.084, according to sariel's calculator

I had to gear it down quite a bit, as I don't have a very powerful battery box, and this motor is very power hungry.

It can still get up to quite a bit of speed, I'll put in a little video once I get it finished, showing it's capability.