Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo da Bricki

Project Machina Teneb (MT-D9) *Now With FREE Instructions!*

A need arose in the army of the Galenis Confederation. A war machine like none seen before, a machine that could attack swiftly, engage multiple enemies, and survive unscathed. It needed to be extensively armored, yet fast. And above all else, it had to strike fear into any who opposed it. From the twisted minds of the scientists in Tech Lab 2C came Project Machina Teneb. A hulking beast of metal, the MT-D9 was two/thirds the size of its cousin, the Sprite HK-P4. However, it packed almost four times the firepower, and was over twice as intelligent.

37038449931_0df6887140_c.jpgMT-D9 Leak

More will come soon... This is just a sneak peek. :wink:

Instructions are now available on BrickSafe!!!

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Changed title

Finished up the remaining details of this build. I present to you.... The Project Machina Teneb Destroyer Drone!!!

36356957904_55efcc6945_c.jpgMT-D9

The Project completed, the scientists and military engineers set up a demonstration of its abilities. The first MT-D9 was deployed against a known terrorist cell. None survived the brief encounter, in which the Destroyer took less than 40 seconds to eradicate all members of the cell.

36357048764_42939490e3_c.jpgMT-D9 Cityscape

A huge upgrade over the Sprite-class HK-P4, the MT-D9 Destroyer has four times the armament and is twice as smart. With Level 9 AI, it is capable of learning, evaluating situations, and original thought. The weapons loadout can be changed according to mission parameters, but the standard armament (as shown) consists of one Martek Industries Oppressor Cannon, capable of firing at a rate of 800 rounds per minute; a single rack of 8 WP (White Phosphorus, pronounced "whip") Rockets; and a ball-mounted rack of 14 assorted missiles, including DPRs (Deep Penetration Rocket), High Explosive missiles, and anti-personnel fragmentation rockets. It has a RTG power source in the hip region, with the main AI core contained in the thoracic region. Each red "eye" can see in the infrared, visible, and ultraviolet spectrum, and each runs off a separate processor, allowing the MT-D9 to track and engage multiple targets, along with performing real-time threat analysis and employing facial recognition software.

37193691295_52ee0fc7b3_c.jpgMT-D9

37003723246_e1fb777d2f_c.jpgMT-D9

Finally, a photo of the MT-D9 and Sprite HK-P4 standing side-by-side.

37022492872_b3dfe55693_c.jpgMT-D9 & Sprite HK-P4

Comments and critiques are welcome, tell me what you think I could improve on. More to see on Flickr. Hope you like it!

- Leonardo da Bricki

I like it, very intimidating. I think the balance is good with the smaller launcher and arm on one side and the other side having the heavier launcher. The clawed toes give it a nice menacing look on the feet. The one thing that kinda bothers my mild OCD is that red eye on the left launcher being at a different height from the one on the right. :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Kodan Black said:

I like it, very intimidating. I think the balance is good with the smaller launcher and arm on one side and the other side having the heavier launcher. The clawed toes give it a nice menacing look on the feet. The one thing that kinda bothers my mild OCD is that red eye on the left launcher being at a different height from the one on the right. :laugh:

Thanks! I always love building asymmetric, it adds a nice challenge to the MOC. Also... Is to more to your liking? :laugh:

37066651391_ff582f982c_c.jpgMT-D9 OCD

Yes and no. Now I'm bothered by the uneven distance from the centerline. :tongue: If the eye was outboard instead of inboard it would be about right.

Edited by Kodan Black