Sign in to follow this  
Leonardo da Bricki

Sprite HK-P4 *Now With FREE Instructions!*

When the Late World Order collapsed in August of 2079, from the ashes of Europe rose the Galenis Confederation, a group of nations bent on control over the remains of the world. Machines were their enforcers, and there was no taking prisoners. The main weapon in their arsenal was the Sprite-class Hunter/Killer (Patrol) drone.

37178294925_a8b1f4457c_c.jpgSprite HK-P7

Almost 14 meters tall, this machine has Level 4 AI, meaning it is autonomous, but not free-thinking, and it is tied to a central command system. It is armed with a Martek Industries cannon, capable of firing at a rate of 800 rounds per minute. A Luminaire Tech spotlight augments it's suite of visual detection systems, which include radar, lidar, infrared and ultraviolet. Contained in the body is a Martek Industries Viper Launcher. It has a magazine of 16 rounds of HERP (High Explosive Rocket Pod) missiles. Each missile bursts open to release 7 individual rockets in a dispersed pattern. The Sprite uses several gyroscopes to maintain balance, and it is capable of running at speeds of nearly 50 miles per hour.  

I have this model built for about two years now... It has been standing on my self, and since I got a new shelf, I had to move it. And I decided it needed some upgrades... I tweaked the head just a bit, and overhauled the feet and lower legs, which were orginnally too bulky for the spindly model.

And I will let the photos take the place of words, because I have been rambling on, and no one likes that...

This is the view of the oppressed:

37178277905_66b4a21b08_c.jpgSprite HK-P7

Side profile of the Sprite:

36988708816_4247c715e4_c.jpgHK-P7 Profile

A view of the cannon. I am quite happy with the design, it works well and is easily side-mounted. In the future, I might try it with the 4L bars instead...

37178323445_b8449e60f9_c.jpgSprite HK-P7

The secret missile launcher:

37036266461_240e906399_c.jpgFire 1!

Front view of the entire machine. It is 15 inches tall.

36780806430_1fdfc5c505_c.jpgSprite HK-P7 by Will Mood, on Flickr

Comments and critiques are welcome. This was my first attempt at building a mech, so tell me how badly I screwed up. I will have another one to show tomorrow as well.

Instructions can now be found on BrickSafe.

- Leonardo da Bricki

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Curse of Misspelling was cast

1 hour ago, LEGORACER1 said:

Nice build. It reminds me of the turrets from Portal.

Thanks. It was partially inspired by Portal, I liked the smooth curved shape of the turret's head, and wanted to try something like that.