Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga (16): I found something!

Exetrius Saga

Chapter 1-15:

Episode 16: I found something!

Somewhere in the southwest of the Desert lands, sometime in between the Kaliphlinian Civil war and the recent Civil war of Nocturnus...

The village where they had arrived a few days ago was, fortunately, home to a navigator who was willing to guide the Zotharian travelers. In a day's time, he led them towards a region of the desert that was said to harbor ruins of mining activities. Being frank with his clients however, he admitted that he had never seen the ruins on a reliable map or in a trustworthy travel journal. Nevertheless, the navigator was of great help and the desert they found themselves in looked like it had the potential to hide something they were searching for.

At the break of day, their guide returned to his village. Not long after they had resumed their exploration, Stenran spotted the remnants of a road, but it didn't seem to go beyond the foothill in front of him. He went ahead of the others to check. As he walked up the slope, a tiny structure emerged from behind the edge. On top, Stenran gazed into the shallow pit...  

37166749385_b2739fdd62_z.jpg

37166771455_1f2b76b764_z.jpg

Stenran

"Master Sirius! I found something!"

Sirius 

"It better not be another one of those so-called 'rare' cactus species of yours, because I've seen enough of those..."

Stenran

"What, Sir?"

Sirius

"Nevermind. I'm coming! What have you found, let me see?" 

36769052200_016a41a2e3_z.jpg

Sirius

"Ah, look at that! Not as big of a discovery as I had hoped, but this is quite impressive, Stenran. Judging by the surroundings, this mana pool must have been here for a long time."

Stenran

"Any chance that we could break out the crystal?"

Sirius

"Of course not, haven't you noticed how well-maintained this one is? There must be some mage around who is depending on it. Take a step back, I'm going to test if it is functional."

To be continued.... in the next episode: Grave Discovery

Hello guildies! Sorry that it took so long, I hope you like it! The build for the next episode is already done and photographed, so it won't take another few months. :wink:

Comments & criticism appreciated! :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

I am impressed by how well that crystal fits into the hole! Great job SNOTing the well. It is good to see your story moving forward, hopefully in the next few weeks I can get a few builds up to continue mine!

15 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I am impressed by how well that crystal fits into the hole! Great job SNOTing the well. It is good to see your story moving forward, hopefully in the next few weeks I can get a few builds up to continue mine!

Thanks! Indeed, I find it fascinating that parts so old and so new have such a complementary geometry! Also, enjoy building! :classic:

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Brilliant way to bury the crystal!  Looks great!

Thank you, Kai! :sweet:

Let's be honest, probably not your most fancy build*... Except the amazing crystal! :wink: I'm absolutely loving it, the SNOT is great, it fits perfectly... Awesome job! :thumbup: 

*I think a small, boney tree may help here

Edited by TitusV

Must echo everyone else, that crystal fits in there perfectly! Very nicely designed well and aesthetically pleasing too. Also, the surrounding terrain is well layered. Looking forward to the next chapter. 

On 12-9-2017 at 5:34 PM, TitusV said:

Let's be honest, probably not your most fancy build*... Except the amazing crystal! :wink: I'm absolutely loving it, the SNOT is great, it fits perfectly... Awesome job! :thumbup: 

*I think a small, boney tree may help here

Thank you! Yes, you are certainly right. It started with the 5x5 mana pool tablescrap, which took quite a while, but after that the surrounding sands were added rapidly. I appreciate your suggestion, adding a bush didn't cross my mind! One thing to note is the black frame base, with studs-out construction and SNOTted on all sides, which added a fair amount of time, but is a step-up from my earlier black bases. 

23 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Must echo everyone else, that crystal fits in there perfectly! Very nicely designed well and aesthetically pleasing too. Also, the surrounding terrain is well layered. Looking forward to the next chapter. 

Thank you, Merc! It's easier to make out the depth when you have the build in front of you, but I'm glad you noticed! :classic: The next chapter will come soon, don't worry! :wink:

I didn't even think of using a crystal like that, awesome part usage :thumbup: Adn over all you portray a desert secene very well, impressive for such a small vignette. I am also intersted to see where this story goes.

On 14-9-2017 at 9:19 AM, The Maestro said:

I didn't even think of using a crystal like that, awesome part usage :thumbup: Adn over all you portray a desert secene very well, impressive for such a small vignette. I am also intersted to see where this story goes.

Thanks, Maestro! Next part might come as soon as tonight. :classic:

Lovely combination of parts around the crystal :thumbup: The desert landscape also looks great, and as always the story is excellent :classic:

14 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely combination of parts around the crystal :thumbup: The desert landscape also looks great, and as always the story is excellent :classic:

Thank you! :classic:

2 hours ago, Gunman said:

Lol that diamond over there fits perfectly :) So cool... 

So much positive feedback about that technique, thanks! :sweet: