The shaping on this is excellent! I love what you have done for the torso and feet! I just got those exact pieces from bricklink recently :D (Shin and shoulder armors) Not really that sure on the blue tubings though.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:55 AM, Mechbuilds said:

i have a soft spot for hardsuits. Excellent work! Great use of those spring parts. If i could rate mocs, i'd rate this 11/10.

Thanks! I really liked them too which is why I wanted to use them in a MOC

On 9/10/2017 at 8:49 PM, chubbybots2 said:

The shaping on this is excellent! I love what you have done for the torso and feet! I just got those exact pieces from bricklink recently :D (Shin and shoulder armors) Not really that sure on the blue tubings though.

Thanks a lot man! I liked the tubes as it added some more color to the MOC. The idea behind it was to make the MOC look more like a functional robot suit, but I can see where that might not have translated fully from idea to reality.

Thanks for the comments!

Man, it's been a while since I've seen anything utilizing the Tech Figs. I always liked those, so it's cool to see them return in some way.

I generally like the design of this MOC for how it blends elements from various series (if I'm not mistaken, I spot Hero Factory, Knights Kingdom and a bit of Ice Hockey in there?). Having also a Tech Figure in there is just icing on the top! :wink:

Edited by ZORK64

On 9/19/2017 at 3:30 PM, ZORK64 said:

Man, it's been a while since I've seen anything utilizing the Tech Figs. I always liked those, so it's cool to see them return in some way.

I generally like the design of this MOC for how it blends elements from various series (if I'm not mistaken, I spot Hero Factory, Knights Kingdom and a bit of Ice Hockey in there?). Having also a Tech Figure in there is just icing on the top! :wink:

Same! Haven't build anything with them in so long, was happy to give him a proper set of legs.

As far as the series used, there's a whole gamut of series in this guy (Hero Factory, Hockey, Knights Kingdom, Ben 10, Bionicle, System etc) which made for a really fun and interesting build! Glad you liked it :)

You're welcome! I recently also began to shift my focus from sentient robots (where I mostly build TF OCs by now) to mechs, so it's inspiring to see other people's takes on mech designs.

On that note, how do you take Techfigs apart? I only know from my own experience that the legs and the head can be popped of (which reminds me, are there any other sockets that could take the Techfig-Head?), but it seems that some of your figs also lack the arms...

On 9/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, ZORK64 said:

You're welcome! I recently also began to shift my focus from sentient robots (where I mostly build TF OCs by now) to mechs, so it's inspiring to see other people's takes on mech designs.

On that note, how do you take Techfigs apart? I only know from my own experience that the legs and the head can be popped of (which reminds me, are there any other sockets that could take the Techfig-Head?), but it seems that some of your figs also lack the arms...

Arms have an axle with a ball shaped end so they can be pulled apart. Same goes for hands too. 

The moc is pretty neat! It give a sort of unique toughness! The tubing are actually nice, they're quite striking. Does give the impression of power tubes!

However, the toenails does look odd for their positioning, I would prefer the nail tips facing downwards but that's just me.