Thanks for posting the LDD, that makes it a lot easier to look at what you've done than trying to find a suitable image on the thread/bricksafe.

PS you might be able to get cameras onto the camera platforms using a 60849 and a 32002, not sure though because it works in stud.io but not LDD.

PKGxGhc.png

@rockpig Yes, a few people have built this (but sadly I'm not one of them). The first few tower levels can get a bit tight due to the tolerances on Lego bricks, and the service arms can move quite a bit even when they are supposed to be locked in place, but other than that the model works quite well.  You can find photos (and other LUT models) if you go digging through the "Lego Saturn V, Lunar Lander and Other Space Builds" group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/legospacebuilds/

You can find bricklink xml and brickstock bsx on the facebook groups google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uXNMTWEi-5qn3F1IbmUBk0CF2oa75WDV

Oh, and I also put together a 600 page instruction manual.  That's on the google drive too.

Edited by NathanR

NathanR, I have seen some of these finished models, when checking the Saturn, err.. legospacebuilds FB page. :)

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

NathanR, I have seen some of these finished models, when checking the Saturn, err.. legospacebuilds FB page. :)

Yeah, the group kind of branched out a bit from *just* the Saturn V :laugh:

I did see it :)

The renaming did that I had to switch to the new link. No FB here.

2 hours ago, rockpig said:

Great effort and work. Beautiful design. Any chance of ever adding the crawler?

Thanks, glad you like it!  As for the crawler, it's already been done, just not by me.  Lego Ideas user Eiffleman has a great version, and he very kindly provided instructions/parts lists: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0f8efc2a-ce0a-4285-9f2b-036bf3eb9f38

And that crawler is nice looking.

I'm 1 of those that built the Eiffleman Crawler-Transporter.

Can anyone direct me to a Bricklink part list for the Eiffleman Crawler-Transporter, please?

Thanks

Edited by rockpig

Has anyone constructed this?  I was wondering how "firmly" the rocket is held in place.  I have an issue with cats climbing around and knocking it off the horizontal display pieces.

6 hours ago, BadSisko said:

Has anyone constructed this?  I was wondering how "firmly" the rocket is held in place.  I have an issue with cats climbing around and knocking it off the horizontal display pieces.

A few people have built this (not me personally though).  The rocket stands on four small supports, which are made of 1x2 tiles and 1x2-2x2 brackets.  They are based on the ones in the display stands shown in an update to the WhatsUpToday LUT project that was on lego Ideas:  https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a88109ec-9970-4fe1-98b4-9bd535856ab4/updates#content_nav_tabs

The rocket has no other connections to the tower. But I would guess the stability is about the same as when you stand the rocket on its own, vertically, on its engines.

Hey

Nathan I want to build that LUT by your design, are all the parts listed in that exel version 1.2 compatible with the instruction pdf? Are there any hard to get parts? Is it stable?

Hi everybody,

It's a great project and million of thanks to those of you investing time end effort. We recently built the Lego Apollo Saturn V with my 6 years old boy who is crazy about it. When he started to build his own LUT using bigger Lego Bricks, I started to look around if would be any Lego LUT and I landed on this forum. During my Google search, I also found this home page selling this project including all building plans and the parts. Before I order I would like to ask you if this site is affiliated with any of you?

https://www.vonado.com/NASA-Saturn-V-Launch-Umbilical-Tower-p178913.html

On 3/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, Lexi2014 said:

Hi everybody,

It's a great project and million of thanks to those of you investing time end effort. We recently built the Lego Apollo Saturn V with my 6 years old boy who is crazy about it. When he started to build his own LUT using bigger Lego Bricks, I started to look around if would be any Lego LUT and I landed on this forum. During my Google search, I also found this home page selling this project including all building plans and the parts. Before I order I would like to ask you if this site is affiliated with any of you?

https://www.vonado.com/NASA-Saturn-V-Launch-Umbilical-Tower-p178913.html

@Lexi2014 No, no no, please do not buy anything from Vonado!!! Or any of the other websites out there that sell this kit! The design was stolen from Lego Ideas user Whatsuptoday, who had kindly released instructions for free after the project was rejected by Lego for production as an official set. The kit does not use genuine Lego parts, only clone-brand parts like Lepin. Also, the webpage shows at least three different LUT designs in the image galleries - you won't get what you think you will.

If you're interested in my design, then you can download instructions for free (personal use only) from my brick safe page: https://bricksafe.com/pages/NathanR/real-space/apollo-lut

Let me know if you need a parts list suitable for bricklink.

Other LUT designs are available through the facebook group "Lego Saturn V, Lunar Lander and Other Space Builds", it's well worth checking out.

Hi Nathan. Thank you for your reply and for your help. I was really in doubt about this website anyway and I am happy you warned me about them.

From your LXF file, I downloaded the part list. I wonder if it is up to date showing me 8133 parts. I am in Istanbul, Turkey for the moment and I am trying to find all parts from local brick sellers. Unfortunately not so many choices here and mostly for the required colors. I am afraid if I order from the UK or the USA it will not make it here for some time due to Corona Virus all around the world. I am trying to compensate with the alternate colors where ever I can. PArt ID 62520 and 3068 (including some others) nowhere to be found. I will order whatever I can find and see how far I can go. Do you think the post or cargo would deliver here in Turkey some "Must use Parts" in case I get stuck somewhere building the LUT?

Many thanks

Engin

Edited by Lexi2014

Hi Nathan,

I built v1.2 last year, and as everybody here, I congratulate you with this beautiful MOC. It's very very very impressive! I also built the Eiffleman Crawler to complete the setup.

I noticed that you released v1.3 on Bricksafe. Could you please give us some information about this upgrade please?

IMG_1694 copy.jpg

Hi Everybody,

Finally, I have finished today building this amazing tower. It was easy to build but it was not easy to find all the parts. I stick to the building instructions and to the colors of all parts and sections however towards the final assembly, I had to compromise some colors and use what was available in hand in another color. At a later stage, I will try to replace these parts with the original color. 

Million thanks to Nathan for making this tower plan available for all of us. My 7 years old son loves to play with the Tower however I decided to build a plexiglass container around the tower, to keep this work safe. :))

Cheers

PS/ Unable to post any pics because of the MaxTotal size limit of 0.1 MB ??