It looks absolutely amazing :wub: But from watching the video, the body structure also looks very weak in many areas. I guess unfortunately, this is the trade off for the style that you build in. I think what could really push you to the top would be doing a manual style car with some new and exciting components(new style gearbox, unique suspension, etc) IMO, Cars this size are just too big and heavy for motorization and having them motorized gets old because they are just so slow.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why the rear wheel is not centered with the wheel arch? That is like the only area that I can find odd when compared to the actual car. Everything else is very spot on.

On 10.9.2017 at 0:40 AM, Lox Lego said:

A big thanks to @brunojj1 for suggesting to place more studs between the wheels. I tried it this time (2 extra studs) and I feel it looks proper. thanks! 

Very well done, my friend *huh* :thumbup:! Small changes make big difference sometimes, thanks for mentionning me :blush:!

I can´t believe you have done this car this fast, I could never keep up with you. For me this is by miles (or studs) your best creation yet, IMO the best looking orange Lego supercar so far (sorry, Dugald!), although a Ford GT shouldn´t be orange. Very interesting suspension which I´ll study later.

I´m not perfectionist / purist or whatever. But can´t hesitate to issue the following (rather small) critics, which are not always welcomed by everybody, but by you as I know :tongue: : 

- "flying" doors (again). Sorry if I couldn´t figure the whole mechanism inside, but couldn´t it have been geared down a bit / made them slower? Worm gears easily could have done the trick. I love the doors anyway!

- slow speed, at least for my taste - did you think of adding a battery? That allows you to get more performance, by gearing up the drivetrain one step. But that´s my wild guess only, don´t know the weight of the car. I didn´t say anything about BuWizz, but it seems to me you and me will need it desperately in big cars...

- steering wheel: a decent tilt angle would look better, agree? All the cog wheels in the interior, especially the tan colored, are quite disturbing for the look. You could have used black ones e.g.

- spacings between 2L tubes on flexaxles: there are various ways to get them more tight..

Other than that, it´s always a pleasure to watch you in action, keep on the excitement :excited:!

Edited by brunojj1

8 hours ago, Jim said:

This (combined with your previous work) certainly warrants the technic_pro.png :thumbup:

Agree it is well deserved :thumbup:

On 2017-09-10 at 9:36 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

If you will allow me to make a recommendation for your next project, I would suggest an Aston Martin RB 001 as a challenge, now that you have proved your capabilities with the Ford GT.

Hey @Leonardo da Bricki, I have been asked many times to create this one, but I am not a huge fan of the looks. Maybe in the future.

On 2017-09-10 at 11:44 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

If we're suggesting models, give the Aston Martin Vulcan a go! Definitely one of my top three favorite cars:grin:

This one looks better than the RB001. Thanks for the idea, I'll think about it.

On 2017-09-11 at 4:37 AM, Jim said:

This (combined with your previous work) certainly warrants the technic_pro.png :thumbup:

WOW! Amazing @Jim, thank you so much!

On 2017-09-11 at 5:26 AM, tomek9210 said:

How long did it take to build it? From idea to finishing?

Is servo directly connected to the rack, or is there some gearing? The steering lock could be better. Did you think about using m motor for steering? And more complex front suspension geometry?

Hi @tomek9210, this build took a month. another week to prep, film and edit. I used the servo and geared it down once. I thought the front suspension was difficult enough. To simply lift this 5.7 pound car, and have it function at 2 different level (sport and track) I'm quite happy with the result. :blush:

On 2017-09-11 at 9:20 AM, Aventador2004 said:

Wow! Congrats lox!

Thanks man! I went PRO in less than 2 years. beyond stoked. :sweet:

On 2017-09-11 at 10:56 AM, technic_addict said:

Incredible job once again Lox!  :wub:

I especially like the transition from the roof down the side into the rear.  The car just flows so well.  I haven't been building as much lately as I took the summer off but you are making it difficult to keep up!  You have created of queue of excellent supercars to build!

I 100% agree that the 2 extra studs has made a big difference!  The wheels don't look too large (or stubby looking in side view) any longer like on most of your other builds.

They may grow on me but I am not a fan of the seats.  I just don't think the flex axles look that good but I understand why you used them.

This is just my humble opinion but I feel you have transformed the MOC Technic Supercar build community.  I remember after your building your 2nd supercar thinking, if he can just make a better chassis and finalize the little things (steering on the Hennessey :laugh:)  you would be an elite builder.  You are sir are elite builder.

Well deserved and probably overdue!

Thanks so much @technic_addict! We'll have to have a Boston Pizza night again sometime soon. Your idea of the appearance between the wheels was brilliant, thank you for your thoughts! The seats are different, and thats what I was going for. Funny you mentioned the Hennessey steering, I did the same for this build!! (It was been corrected of course) Elite, maybe only in the supercar section. Still a noob with some simple functions with other things Lego.

On 2017-09-11 at 11:55 AM, Meatman said:

It looks absolutely amazing :wub: But from watching the video, the body structure also looks very weak in many areas. I guess unfortunately, this is the trade off for the style that you build in. I think what could really push you to the top would be doing a manual style car with some new and exciting components(new style gearbox, unique suspension, etc) IMO, Cars this size are just too big and heavy for motorization and having them motorized gets old because they are just so slow.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why the rear wheel is not centered with the wheel arch? That is like the only area that I can find odd when compared to the actual car. Everything else is very spot on.

Thanks very much @Meatman! I believe the photo overlay wasn't perfect, because I check the wheel on center last night and it is 100% in the middle. Many thanks.

On 2017-09-11 at 0:29 PM, brunojj1 said:

Very well done, my friend *huh* :thumbup:! Small changes make big difference sometimes, thanks for mentionning me :blush:!

I can´t believe you have done this car this fast, I could never keep up with you. For me this is by miles (or studs) your best creation yet, IMO the best looking orange Lego supercar so far (sorry, Dugald!), although a Ford GT shouldn´t be orange. Very interesting suspension which I´ll study later.

I´m not perfectionist / purist or whatever. But can´t hesitate to issue the following (rather small) critics, which are not always welcomed by everybody, but by you as I know :tongue: : 

- "flying" doors (again). Sorry if I couldn´t figure the whole mechanism inside, but couldn´t it have been geared down a bit / made them slower? Worm gears easily could have done the trick. I love the doors anyway!

- slow speed, at least for my taste - did you think of adding a battery? That allows you to get more performance, by gearing up the drivetrain one step. But that´s my wild guess only, don´t know the weight of the car. I didn´t say anything about BuWizz, but it seems to me you and me will need it desperately in big cars...

- steering wheel: a decent tilt angle would look better, agree? All the cog wheels in the interior, especially the tan colored, are quite disturbing for the look. You could have used black ones e.g.

- spacings between 2L tubes on flexaxles: there are various ways to get them more tight..

Other than that, it´s always a pleasure to watch you in action, keep on the excitement :excited:!

Hey Brunjj1! Regarding the doors, every time i showed the doors in the video the speed is 2x. Adding a battery would be awesome, but for the space I was limited to, I felt there wasn't much room for anything after. I actually starting adding less detail close to the end in areas due to the weight. (5.7 pounds) I wanted everything to function well, and more weight was out of the question. 
Regarding the steering wheel, I actually re-worked it last night to turn almost 180º now. I'll see if I can post a video of that soon. 
The gears - lol - This was my 2nd supercar. I started running out of parts (black gears) and started using any color gear. Now I am torn between what looks better with gears. Show them off (different color), so people see the functions, or have them blend in, but not know what is happening?
Great points Brunojj1, I will think about these things with future builds.
It is very hard to create a fresh new build each time, but it is what pushes me! (as well as My brother of course) 

Edited by Lox Lego

Jim is a bit lazy about frontpaging Techinc stuff... :P

Anyway, You guys outrun us all. Though I have to say that I don't like those weak connections I see at many places. Maybe if you'd spend some more time perfecting how the body parts are fixed (and maybe make some trade-offs too), your cars would be perfect.

(And what makes me extra jealous is that you'll find the time for building even if you have families. For me, kids are still "in the making" and I'm about give up this hobby due to lack of time...)

Edited by Lipko

Damn, you just keep pumping out the glorious scale MOCs.  Each one is better than the last.  I can't imagine what we're going to see next.  Very inspiring work my friend.

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Hi @tomek9210, this build took 3 weeks to a month. another week to prep, film and edit. I used the servo and geared it down once. I thought the front suspension was difficult enough. To simply lift this 5.7 pound car, and have it function at 2 different level (sport and track) I'm quite happy with the result. :blush:

Thanks man! I went PRO in less than 2 years. beyond stoked. :sweet:

I know it was very complex to make the lowering mechanism. But what I meant by more complex geometry are the angles - caster, camber, kingpin - and ackermann steering.

Do you have another car planned or you need some rest to build another masterpiece?

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

@Leonardo da Bricki

@Jim

@tomek9210

@technic_addict

@Meatman I believe the photo overlay wasn't perfect, because I check the wheel on center last night and it is 100% in the middle. Many thanks.

I was actually referring this picture. It looks like the rear wheel is like a stud forward and off center. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

Oqmfyob.jpg

I'm in love with those lines flowing on top! :wub: A very well deserved recognition and pro tag! Looking forward to your next marvel :-)

On 2017-09-11 at 4:49 PM, LvdH said:

I thought that too. Maybe it's an illusion...

So I checked it out and its official, the wheels are perfectly centered. The wheels may have a little more play than regular suspension, so the wheels might be a touch crooked.

On 2017-09-11 at 5:35 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

I'm in love with those lines flowing on top! :wub: A very well deserved recognition and pro tag! Looking forward to your next marvel :-)

Cheers @MajklSpajkl!

On 2017-09-11 at 5:48 PM, TheMindGarage said:

Looks awesome! As it happens, I'm currently working on a 2017 Ford GT model as well using both EV3 and PF.

Ohhhh awesome! I be the rear lights are the EV lights... I can't wait. Will you be posting on Euro once complete? Would be interested in how you followed the line of the car.

On 2017-09-11 at 3:35 PM, tomek9210 said:

I know it was very complex to make the lowering mechanism. But what I meant by more complex geometry are the angles - caster, camber, kingpin - and ackermann steering.

Do you have another car planned or you need some rest to build another masterpiece?

Trying this F1 suspension was a new style for me, but not too interested in different style just yet. Regarding the next build, I'll be resting for sure. Do not have anything set in stone just yet....

On 2017-09-11 at 2:26 PM, Blakbird said:

Damn, you just keep pumping out the glorious scale MOCs.  Each one is better than the last.  I can't imagine what we're going to see next.  Very inspiring work my friend.

Thanks @Blakbird!

On 2017-09-11 at 2:02 PM, Lipko said:

Jim is a bit lazy about frontpaging Techinc stuff... :P

Anyway, You guys outrun us all. Though I have to say that I don't like those weak connections I see at many places. Maybe if you'd spend some more time perfecting how the body parts are fixed (and maybe make some trade-offs too), your cars would be perfect.

(And what makes me extra jealous is that you'll find the time for building even if you have families. For me, kids are still "in the making" and I'm about give up this hobby due to lack of time...)

Lol yes, always juggling the family / work / hobby life. I end up building late at night to find a spare moment! :classic:

Ford GT - outdoor sunsetFord GT - outdoor sunset

Edited by Lox Lego

Incredible model. That flowing lines. Can't stop watching) Will be nice to see suspension and internals in details. I faced same problem with fitting too much things in too low car, and it's interesting to look at another approach.

15 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

yes, always juggling the family / work / hobby life. I end up building late at night to find a spare moment! :classic:

That is completely normal (in our era) :wink:

Lox - contact the folks at Multimatic and maybe instead of meeting at BP the next get together can be where they make the real GT!

wa

7 hours ago, KD123 said:

Lox - contact the folks at Multimatic and maybe instead of meeting at BP the next get together can be where they make the real GT!

wa

Yes! That would be so rad. It'd probably make their day. 

Just now, Lox Lego said:

Yes! That would be so rad. It'd probably make their day. 

Icing on the top! Your car matches their excellence!

This is amazing! It looks like the actual car!

Okay, I'm gonna admit this.

I wanted to build an orange Ford GT as well really badly before anyone else did. But with Mindstorms.

I guess I got my hopes up too much.

No offense though, your car looks way better than what mine would look like.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGZUDh7PB0bN7wxGDnHob

Should I still build one like yours or make a different (orange) supercar?

1 hour ago, StudRobotics said:

This is amazing! It looks like the actual car!

Okay, I'm gonna admit this.

I wanted to build an orange Ford GT as well really badly before anyone else did. But with Mindstorms.

I guess I got my hopes up too much.

No offense though, your car looks way better than what mine would look like.

Should I still build one like yours or make a different (orange) supercar?

Hey @StudRobotics, I'd say build whatever you like :classic:

its lego after all, and each builder will create a car In their own way. With you using mindstorms I'm sure it will look much different than mine, so build on friend! 

Edited by Lox Lego

23 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Hey @StudRobotics, I'd say build whatever you like :classic:

its lego after all, and each builder will create a car In their own way. With you using mindstorms I'm sure it will look much different than mine, so build on friend! 

Thanks, but I found something else that I wanted to build with EV3 instead. An orange 2018 Lexus LC. I just finished the GX (posting it soon) and creating another Lexus (the LC 500 (or LC 500h) on lots of the new Lexus commercials) would be pretty cool. It makes 471 horsepower and goes to 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Too bad I can't replicate its 10-speed gearbox, so I wanted to add a paddle-shift 6-speed. I have to build the Porsche 911 GT3 RS set first. That's after a few months when I did everything I wanted to do with the GX, and months later after that I'll tear apart the Porsche set to build the LC somewhere in early 2018. I hope that's enough time before somebody else builds one. I'm pretty excited!

I see that you had a bit of trouble replicating the headlights. It still looks cool, though.

621NeGJ.png2017-ford-gt-headlights.jpg

9 hours ago, StudRobotics said:

Thanks, but I found something else that I wanted to build with EV3 instead. An orange 2018 Lexus LC. I just finished the GX (posting it soon) and creating another Lexus (the LC 500 (or LC 500h) on lots of the new Lexus commercials) would be pretty cool. It makes 471 horsepower and goes to 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Too bad I can't replicate its 10-speed gearbox, so I wanted to add a paddle-shift 6-speed. I have to build the Porsche 911 GT3 RS set first. That's after a few months when I did everything I wanted to do with the GX, and months later after that I'll tear apart the Porsche set to build the LC somewhere in early 2018. I hope that's enough time before somebody else builds one. I'm pretty excited!

I see that you had a bit of trouble replicating the headlights. It still looks cool, though.

Well I'm very interested what you've come up with regarding the GX. Is it built with the Porsche wheels? If so, that would be a large vehicle !! How soon are you going to be finished? 

And regarding the headlights, that's an area of the car anyone in lego has difficulty with. It's just above the wheels and to allow the wheels to turn with lights above them is very hard to do. There are too many things going on so I made a compromise. Keep me posted with you Lexus builds @StudRobotics!

One question Lox Lego, have you considered building realistic functional hoods and trunks?, working at your scale it has to be easy. 

4 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

One question Lox Lego, have you considered building realistic functional hoods and trunks?, working at your scale it has to be easy. 

Hey @jorgeopesi, thats a good question. Its an area I usually gloss over in my builds. Some of the cars I've built recently I'm actually unable to find photos of how they open. Also, the hood area is so close to the suspension below, sometimes I struggle to find a proper looking connection around the dash area. In regards to the Ford GT, I couldn't find any photos at all of the hood. It looks a bit funny how I designed the hood on the Ford, but that was simply to turn on the battery. 

Even with this scale, there is still very limited room to design a proper hood with the lines I am trying to follow.Thanks for asking, I will try something new with the next car in those areas. Still learning with each build! :blush:

28 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Hey @jorgeopesi, thats a good question. Its an area I usually gloss over in my builds. Some of the cars I've built recently I'm actually unable to find photos of how they open. Also, the hood area is so close to the suspension below, sometimes I struggle to find a proper looking connection around the dash area. In regards to the Ford GT, I couldn't find any photos at all of the hood. It looks a bit funny how I designed the hood on the Ford, but that was simply to turn on the battery. 

Even with this scale, there is still very limited room to design a proper hood with the lines I am trying to follow.Thanks for asking, I will try something new with the next car in those areas. Still learning with each build! :blush:

I found a pic and it seems that the Ford GT is easy to do :laugh: , I thought it would be as its big brothers but not, anyway I think that build realistic openable parts it is a challenge and makes a better MOC, if my F40 could be done reasonabily, any car can be done in a upper scale. If you continue to learn with each car you will have to give classes :wink: .

4Tw9FJz.jpg

Yesterday I found another pic with a big trunk but surely I confused with the old one. 

Edited by jorgeopesi