14 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

@jorgeopesi I actually have that exact Maisto die cast car. It's very cool, you should buy it!

It is a nice car but I preffer this... I only build cars for take a rest between machines, sorry for the off-topic.

haPcTM2.jpg

Hmm, I agree that openable trunk and hood is pretty important because those are functions that might be used even in a display only model. I think if you invest a little more time in your models (the world can't keep up with you anyway :wink:) than this should be a non issue.

Oh man lox, this is by far the best car you've done to date. I'm super happy seeing what goes into these cars that most people miss and I love the progress you bring to each build! You're killing it bro. :wub:

On 9/21/2017 at 9:13 PM, jorgeopesi said:

It is a nice car but I preffer this... I only build cars for take a rest between machines, sorry for the off-topic.

I like making machines too with EV3, and I never thought about making a construction crane before, but it would seem pretty fun.

10 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

I like making machines too with EV3, and I never thought about making a construction crane before, but it would seem pretty fun.

Yeah, it does look like fun. Maybe I could combine the construction crane and the Ford GT to create the ultimate crossover build :laugh:

This is fantastic. When can we expect to see the instruction for this? Were you buying individual parts or were you able to make it with 42056? It seems like you need more than just 42056...

4 hours ago, Enilder said:

This is fantastic. When can we expect to see the instruction for this? Were you buying individual parts or were you able to make it with 42056? It seems like you need more than just 42056...

Hi @Enilder, Thorsten is 70% done the LDD file for this car. After that is the creation of the instructions, so I'm not too sure how long it might take. Maybe a month or so? I did use the Porsche set to build this car, but will require a few more parts for sure. LOTS of 3L beams and orange flex axles. I had picked up all my extra pieces through the "bricks and pieces"  section from Lego.com, (its usually cheapest and brand new) then pickup the remaining parts on Bricklink. I make a list of parts I'd like then look for the cheapest bricklink store to pick up all my parts.

10 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Hi @Enilder, Thorsten is 70% done the LDD file for this car. After that is the creation of the instructions, so I'm not too sure how long it might take. Maybe a month or so? I did use the Porsche set to build this car, but will require a few more parts for sure. LOTS of 3L beams and orange flex axles. I had picked up all my extra pieces through the "bricks and pieces"  section from Lego.com, (its usually cheapest and brand new) then pickup the remaining parts on Bricklink. I make a list of parts I'd like then look for the cheapest bricklink store to pick up all my parts.

Um...so I gotta find another used Porsche :laugh:

20 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Thank you for the response. Do you recall how many additional parts you had to get in addition to Porsche set? Trying to figure out how much it's going to take me to replicate your model. :)

Just now, Lox Lego said:

Thorsten has completed the 3D model of the Ford GT. Now onto creating instructions...

:wub:

It is going to be a busy fall / winter for me :laugh:

This is pretty sweet....my collection of orange parts just got bigger!! I hope that the Veneno plans will be soon because I would hate having to build both at the same time.....not!!!!!

Hey All!

The Ford GT instructions are complete. As soon as they are turned into a PDF they will be available on Rebrickable. Stay tuned....

A massive thanks to @Thorsten50 who has been working day and night to make this possible!

38262139746_5ae142edf5_b.jpgFord GT - instructions ready by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

37599070584_6dd4efbe60_b.jpgFord GT - instructions complete! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

11 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

That's quite a collection!

Thank you Blakbird! The renders look fantastic, I can thank you and @Thorsten50 enough! 

Good news all, the instructions are complete and avail. on rebrickable!

It might be time to disassemble your 42056 Porsche Kit and build this orange replica of the 2017 Ford GT! (the porsche kit is 65% of this build)

Really nice collection. Just finished the Veneno and what a nice car and well put together. The Ford GT is right around the corner....looking forward to building this !!

13 hours ago, Blakbird said:

That's quite a collection!

Indeed it is!  It is very impressive the time frame all of these were built as well.

13 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Good news all, the instructions are complete and avail. on rebrickable!

It might be time to disassemble your 42056 Porsche Kit and build this orange replica of the 2017 Ford GT! (the porsche kit is 65% of this build)

Or buy a bunch of orange parts again! :laugh:

I look forward to building this after the Veneno which I will be starting in the next few days after I catalogue the GT first.

Just thinking... if to buy all 6 cars having no lego at home - it will cost like almost few years old Peugeot 208 or something like that.. :cry_sad:

2 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

just starting the Ford GT and just finished the Veneno...wonderful car. Check out the Bricksafe!

https://bricksafe.com/pages/AFOLegofan66/new-mocs-for-november-2017

Looks awesome!  I have to get started on the white version!  Just those pesky with axle with pin holders won't be available on BnP for awhile.

What a wonderful build! Masterpiece.

Am I looking at this and your Lamborghini for two weeks now and can't decide, which one I want to build first. ;-)

In addition I would like to thank you for your business model, I believe your price is fair; I hope you make some money back for all your hard efforts and contribution to the community so far.

46 minutes ago, Mysh said:

What a wonderful build! Masterpiece.

Am I looking at this and your Lamborghini for two weeks now and can't decide, which one I want to build first. ;-)

In addition I would like to thank you for your business model, I believe your price is fair; I hope you make some money back for all your hard efforts and contribution to the community so far.

Many thank Mysh!! Building Lego is fun, and I am very happy to build and share! Yes I have recieved some money for my efforts, and it will all go back to the community when I buy more parts to customize future builds! For me, it is not so much a business, it’s passion. Getting something in return for a hobby is the best feeling. Now I can build in many colors and details thanks to the kind people that have supported my creations. For that I’m forever grateful ! Thanks 

Hello all! Due to popular demand, I've created an instruction on how you can create a non-RC model of the Ford GT! 
 Simply remove all electrical components from the parts list and build, and pick up all the parts in this link to replicate some of the motors.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/JfOGyauxUKaJBsWT2  
The pistons in the engine will still turn when pushed, and the steering wheel will turn when you turn the wheels. Two knobs are to replace the 2x M-motors that open the door so you can open them manually.
37024861442_92913b0e34_b.jpgFord GT - outdoor sunset by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Thanks for doing this...too bad Shapeways doesn’t have 3D printed motor blanks for making a static model!! Most of your cars have quite the inventory of PF parts!! Great a total rebuild.